The Best Reason To Study Prophecy

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  272
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Both Prophesy and Prophets are very interesting. 1 corinthians 12 states that prophesy is a spiritual gift given to others by God. One thing that I understand about spiritual gifts is that you have them even If you are not a christian. A non-christian with the gift of generosity will still be generous in spite of his non-belief. So a non-christian can still have the gift of prophesy.

After realizing this, I began to wonder who may be a prophet. Here are some of my guesses as to people whom I think are prophets. Einstein, Bruce Lee, Nostrodamus, Merlin, Abraham Lincoln, Rob Dyrdek, Kurt Cobain, Sun Tzu, Rodney Mullen. No I am not joking.

The cool thing about Prophets is that they can seem like ordinary people. You might even know a prophet without realizing it.

You may have a point.  Prophecy is not only telling the future, but also the teaching of scripture and edification. And I can also see your point on non-Christians.

Now, I will comment on each of your names as I am open enough to understand where you are coming from (I can't answer for the rest managing this forum).

I like Einstein, but his prophecy was to explain on the Creator's Universe.  He saw God as more impersonal. If he was not saved now in this age, I don't know if God (Yahweh) will later on. Only those called now (the church) will be, but there are more opportunities to come later  This is not another chance, but a first chance for these people who cannot be saved if God does not call them, as Christ (Yeshus) said no man can come save the Spirit draw him.  Nevertheless, I do believe God had a purpose for Einstein.

I'm not sure about Bruce Lee, did you have anything in mind about him?

Nostradamus and Merlin are definitely interesting historical characters, the former making predictions which some swear are true, provided one understand them.  I used to listen to a preacher that said that Nostradamus made too many accurate predictions to not be looked into.

Abraham Lincoln, yes I can dig that.  I think most of our past presidents had this special ability about themselves and indeed, were all connected to royalty.  This is why Obama won (I predicted his win) because all US presidents had ties to European royalty which gets into Genesis 48:10 but that's another story.  On Romney I could not find any in his genealogy.  My pastor was amazed in my prediction because nobody thought Obama would win, but I just went by biblical prophecy.  But my favorite president was George Washington who also wrote prophecy ( http://www.civil-liberties.com/pages/prophesy.html ).

The only other one in your names I know about is Kurt Cobain.  I would not consider him a prophet as much as an insightful albeit troubled generation x'er who actually made fun of his generation but they were too dense to see it and instead became (as I always quip) Kurt Cobain head bangers.  As insightful as he was, I do not think he really found the truth, but just understood something was wrong. I usually do not get along well with my younger, worldly gen x peers (I'm a boomer) as they seem so out of touch and in their own world.  I love my kids' generation Y which are more insightful and want to at least help the world's problems (people young enough to be my kids about 30 years old or less)  When my kid has a party, I mix the drinks, mingle with them as if I am one of them and have a heart-to-heart talk.  It's amazing how close the "echo boomers" are to us "baby boomers" in beliefs, and they absolutely love my generation. But back to the x-ers, I am close to a few who have a more spiritual and intelligent insight into things and are struggling to find the answers. One x'er at my work, which I think highly of, is a strict constitutionalist and can see thru all the political hoopla these days.  He wears his long hair back in a ponytail and could pass for one of the founding fathers in appearance and his beliefs.  That kind of person I really enjoy being around.

While some believe these who died are burning in an eternal lake of fire, I believe, and this is my belief based on how I interpret the scriptures, that they will only go to that lake of fire if given a chance, rejected it and refused truth (nobody is burning yet).  But if God did not call them yet, well, that's not my arrogant privilege to state where they ultimately ended up.  After this church age, there's the millennium, and then there's the Great White Throne Judgement, all which have opportunities for salvation for those who never had the chance.

Guest ninhao

Both Prophesy and Prophets are very interesting. 1 corinthians 12 states that prophesy is a spiritual gift given to others by God. One thing that I understand about spiritual gifts is that you have them even If you are not a christian. A non-christian with the gift of generosity will still be generous in spite of his non-belief. So a non-christian can still have the gift of prophesy.

After realizing this, I began to wonder who may be a prophet. Here are some of my guesses as to people whom I think are prophets. Einstein, Bruce Lee, Nostrodamus, Merlin, Abraham Lincoln, Rob Dyrdek, Kurt Cobain, Sun Tzu, Rodney Mullen. No I am not joking.

The cool thing about Prophets is that they can seem like ordinary people. You might even know a prophet without realizing it.

Hello Waiting for a new name,

This is interesting. How do you draw the conclusion that a God inspired prophet may be a non believer; do you have some examples from the bible to validate this.

This is interesting. How do you draw the conclusion that a God inspired prophet may be a non believer; do you have some examples from the bible to validate this.

:thumbsup:

~

God's

Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the LORD. Jeremiah 23:16

Validation, Man's Shame

Then gathered the chief priests and the Pharisees a council, and said, What do we? for this man doeth many miracles.

If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and nation.

And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all, Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation; And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Then from that day forth they took counsel together for to put him to death. John 11:47-53

And The Work Of The Spirit Of The Living God

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: John 15:26

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,384
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I don't mind wandering off in loo loo land now and again but these last of days seem to be incessant with thought

without Biblical backing... 2Tim 3!    Love, Steven

As one light said non christian prophets are false prophets.

Amen~!

I don't mind wandering off in loo loo land now and again but these last of days seem to be incessant with thought

without Biblical backing... 2Tim 3!    Love, Steven

And Amen~!

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The best reason to study prophecy? Revelation 19 says that the spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Jesus. Reading prophecy is a way of better understanding the testimony of Jesus.

I think a lot of people get confused with prophecy because they think of it as a book separate from what Jesus taught in the gospels. For example, there is the Mark of the beast, which is described as a means of control via buying and selling. If people want to buy or sell, they must take the AC's Mark. Since most of the world believes they would die without money, "buying and selling" makes the perfect tool for turning people away from God.

However, Jesus also talked about this concept in several places. The most notable was his admonishment that we cannot work for God and mammon (money and the things money can buy) at the same time without cheating on one or the other.

He said that God wants us to work for a new motivation now, and that motivation is called the kingdom of Heaven, where people help each other just because they want to and not because they are afraid of what will happen to them if they don't charge for their love.

This is the answer to the Mark of the Beast. People who work for love may use the system of buying and selling for a while, but they are not dependent on it or controlled by it like people who will see no other choice but to take the Mark.

I believe that Christians are supposed to study the prophetic scriptures so that when they see those scriptures come to pass, they will know to look for Christ's coming.

Matt.24:33,34

"So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors."

"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."