Jayyycuuup

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The person that was born in that time cannot ever call wrong right... You become two people- one desiring the old ways

and another thirsts for Life That God promises with Him. It is literal war ever after till we go home and leave this flesh behind!

Love, Steven

This "literal war", and "believing" vs "BELIEVING", is what i can understand, my question is on how this can be explained, and i use this just for an example, of say an alcoholic accepting Jesus, yet continually struggling with alcoholism.  There are threads i read indicating that if one is truly saved, this person would not be caught in the struggle of alcoholism.  Discussions of judging ones "fruit" vs what God can see in our hearts, has me all befuddled.  Hopefully this post makes some sense!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  322
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1

The person that was born in that time cannot ever call wrong right... You become two people- one desiring the old ways

and another thirsts for Life That God promises with Him. It is literal war ever after till we go home and leave this flesh behind!

Love, Steven

This "literal war", and "believing" vs "BELIEVING", is what i can understand, my question is on how this can be explained, and i use this just for an example, of say an alcoholic accepting Jesus, yet continually struggling with alcoholism.  There are threads i read indicating that if one is truly saved, this person would not be caught in the struggle of alcoholism.  Discussions of judging ones "fruit" vs what God can see in our hearts, has me all befuddled.  Hopefully this post makes some sense!

Perhaps your befuddlement can be cleared up a bit by further defining what you mean by "accepting Jesus."  The phrase accepting Jesus is no where to be found in the Bible and can mean different things to different people.  To use your example, an alcoholic can claim to accept Jesus but can also continue to drink without even giving it a second thought.  Therefore ACCEPTANCE does not require or even imply obedience.  Contrast this with how Jesus called his disciples when he told them to FOLLOW Him which does necessitate obedience to Christ.  Thus, belief in Christ requires obedience for Heb 5:9 states: "And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him."  A drunkard is forgiven as long as he strives to obey God and continues to overcome his alcoholism.  The same cannot be said for a drunkard who claims to have saving faith but willfully chooses to keep on drinking rather than choosing to forsake his sin. "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Cor 6:9-10

• Content Count:  2

And now we are back to forgiveness based on if other people can see we are obedient. There are plenty of threads on this, so I guess I will leave it alone. Just been told some things that have gotten in my head about how I am not good enough to even read my bible.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

If this were true what you are saying about works- then works do save us... but clearly the Scripture teaches not by works of

righteousness we have done but by His Mercy! Paul would have been wrong here also

1 Co 5:1-5

5 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality

as is not even named among the Gentiles — that a man has his father's wife! 2 And you are

puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he who has done this deed might be taken away

from among you. 3 For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged

(as though I were present) him who has so done this deed. 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus

Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus

Christ, 5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved

in the day of the Lord Jesus. NKJV

In the pin pointed aspect of focused thought 'Calvary' Where only God sacrificed Himself in order for His Justice to be secured as

righteousness allowing forgiveness of sins... what exactly of the created things are involved with this great display?  Love, Steven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Love, Steven

The born again person (Spiritual substanced life) is awaiting a new body.... one without wrongful desires! Paul clearly delineates in Rom 7-8.

The new born being is kept by the power of God and nothing can remove that Blood Purchased Birth from the Hand of God! As the new

person cannot have anything but a new mind 1Cor 5:17 then any other thoughts are of the flesh and we are in the flesh with our reasoning!

The reason God does this is to reason with us the why sin is bad and in so reasoning  we can as He 'IS' choose His way above all else!  Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Love, Steven

I think the best explanation for this would be found in Romans, and then again described in 1 Peter.

Paul depicts this very thing, being made alive in Christ and being dead to sin. I think what we need to realize is that yes, there are people who are 100% taken away from the sin and the temptation there of. While others, could even struggle with it until the day they die. Why? I believe it is apart of each person having their own "thorn in the side." The struggles bring forth perseverance and steadfast faith- used to glorify the Lord. God works with each person differently and I think this is a big role in the underlining condemnation that we hold against others.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

And now we are back to forgiveness based on if other people can see we are obedient. There are plenty of threads on this, so I guess I will leave it alone. Just been told some things that have gotten in my head about how I am not good enough to even read my bible.

In reflection to that, who are we to judge another?

I think at times, we focus on the parts that WE want changed in someone else, as opposed to looking at the greater work that God is doing.

We all undergo sanctification and are being molded into the masterpiece that God has instore for us.

Just keep your eyes on Him- believe and cleave to the faith and relationship YOU have with Him, and not what others think that they may or may not see.

We fail- God does not. We don't know what lies within a mans heart- God does.

Anyone and everyone is called by the Lord- Isiah 1:18 makes this clear as do other scriptures. No matter where we have been, nor gone to- God wants us and yearns for our return!

• Content Count:  14

The focus of this topic is mainly Nicodemus question to Christ (found in John 3:4) of how one can become born again?

So my question to you is how can one become born again?

How does one know that he is born again?

What happens when you are born again and what does it mean?

To answer your 1st question: One becomes born again when they give their life to Jesus through water baptism and then recieve the gift of the holy ghost (one can come before the other but both MUST be done). When you have done these you must continue to live a holy life according to the scriptures, the bible MUST direct your life. Born again means to have a change of life, you become a new creature and old things are past away (2 Corinthians 5:17). If you use to lie, you stop lying etc. I must add that some of your old nature will still show up as Rome wasn't built in one day, but you must have a made up mind to have a change life

2. To answer your second question. The bible said that if we are led by the Spirit of God then we are the children of God and that the Spirit beareth witness that we are the sons of God (Romans 8: 14, 16). Our life will show that we are born again and we will feel a change.

3. Being born again means that we are converted christian. We are renewed, a new person through the blood of Christ. When we are born again we are change and now has a hope of being with JEsus when he returns. If we are not born again then we will be lost

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

The focus of this topic is mainly Nicodemus question to Christ (found in John 3:4) of how one can become born again?

To answer your 1st question: One becomes born again when they give their life to Jesus through water baptism and then recieve the gift of the holy ghost (one can come before the other but both MUST be done). When you have done these you must continue to live a holy life according to the scriptures, the bible MUST direct your life. Born again means to have a change of life, you become a new creature and old things are past away (2 Corinthians 5:17). If you use to lie, you stop lying etc. I must add that some of your old nature will still show up as Rome wasn't built in one day, but you must have a made up mind to have a change life

2. To answer your second question. The bible said that if we are led by the Spirit of God then we are the children of God and that the Spirit beareth witness that we are the sons of God (Romans 8: 14, 16). Our life will show that we are born again and we will feel a change.

3. Being born again means that we are converted christian. We are renewed, a new person through the blood of Christ. When we are born again we are change and now has a hope of being with JEsus when he returns. If we are not born again then we will be lost

Interesting. Welcome to the forums. :thumbsup:

Is water baptism something we do something God does? Not to be confused with baptism of the Holy Spirit...

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The story of Nicodemus doesn't mention baptism in any way as part of salvation.