• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

So, they are busy tearing down monuments and erecting their own.  Seems contrary to everything atheists have believed in.  Is atheism so void of originality that it has to corrupt other religion's symbols, to represent itself?

Not all atheists are darwinists or humanists, so what sect of atheism is really being represented by this monument?

I believe in freedom of religion, and if religions want to erect monuments that represent their beliefs I am fine with that.  But, what I am not ok with, is when a religion tries to dominate another religion by mocking it, corrupting its beliefs, replacing it's monuments with their own, or eliminating dissent (such as creationism vs darwinism in our schools).

So, build your monuments, but leave our monuments alone.

BTW, putting legs on the fish and putting the words darwin in it is juvenile and ignorant, because it perpetuates a myth and mocks the faith of billions of people.  Science has proven it is impossible for life to evolve in the way Darwin had theorized.  It has been thoroughly and exhaustively disproven, one of those methods being because of entropy.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

yeah Justin what monument are they tearing down? I think you may have misread the article. Again its not about originality Justin as I stated above it is a reaction from a previous held belief. It is something some atheists feel a need to contemplate because it had consumed so much of their lives at some point.

Also if you want to believe that science has disproven evolution go for it I wont stop that but to say that science does not support it is a bit laughable. It has the largest amount of scientific consensus than almost any other biological hypothesis ever presented so I think its a stretch to claim that science does not support evolution. I have no problem with creationism being taught in schools I have a problem quantifying it as science though as it does not adhere to the scientific method. I could see it being taught as history or philosophy that would be a more apt description.

however as revolutionist has pointed out we are getting off topic. So I am going to leave it there. This monument is not really about mockery it is being put up to show that there are other points of view and to keep an open mind. If you take this as a mockery than I would be afraid to hear what you  think of real mockery like the famous art piece "piss Christ" in the 90's that is what real mockery is and that is meant to be offensive. Darwin fish FSM etc. are not meant to be mean or ugly they are just light commentary from some atheists trust me things can get a lot more ugly than this. As my dad used to say grow some thicker skin or everything is just going to piss you off.

Edited by WarmRoom

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

Atheists do make me chuckle as they become more and more religious, without really even trying. :laughing:

I wouldn't really call it religious though as that would suggest they believe in a god. You can believe in something it doesn't mean it has to be religious. I think it is a natural part of our evolution as social animals to band together in groups. The big problem for a lot of ex-Christians is that sense of community you get from church.  we are such a small percentage of the population that it really makes it hard to get the same group structures that churches provide. Also not to mention the whole spectrum and gamut of beliefs within the atheist/agnostic community. So if they appear religious its not that they are religious its acting on a most basic social function that we all share.

Edited by WarmRoom

I was speaking of atheists in general with their endless lawsuits to remove Christian Symbols from monuments, memorials, courthouses, schools etc.  Pretty much everywhere atheists feel they have a greater share of ownership of public property than all the other citizens in their communities.

If something is void of substance, logic, and value, then to me it's harmless enough.  As long as it doesn't corrupt the innocent, then it can have its say.

Scientific Consensus doesn't make a theory more valid than the scientific evidence that refutes it.  Evolution, global warming are two of the most recent of scientific consensus malpractice.

Its not that they feel the have a greater share of the public space Justin its about maintaining a neutral sandbox so everyone can believe in whatever god/gods/goddesses they want without feeling outcast by their government. I believe its not the governments place to enforce or support our religious beliefs. How would you feel if we just started making memorials to all of the saints and putting them in the court houses everywhere ?  what if a monument to sharia law was placed in the courthouses? The idea is if you allow one you have to allow all or none at all. This is an example of allowing all.

Guest shiloh357

Its not that they feel the have a greater share of the public space Justin its about maintaining a neutral sandbox so everyone can believe in whatever god/gods/goddesses they want without feeling outcast by their government. I believe its not the governments place to enforce or support our religious beliefs. How would you feel if we just started making memorials to all of the saints and putting them in the court houses everywhere ?  what if a monument to sharia law was placed in the courthouses? The idea is if you allow one you have to allow all or none at all. This is an example of allowing all.

That is utter baloney.   It is intolerance in the name of tolerance.  They have sought to remove ANY expression of Christian faith.  Promoting Christianity in a predominantely Christian nation doesn't make anyone else an outcast.  That assertion is patently absurd.  Atheist organizations that seek to remove God from the public square are not motivated from any righteous notion of neutrality.  It is a concerted effort to remove Christianity.   These same atheist organations don't go after public schools that accomodate Muslims students during Ramadan.  So the truth is that this is not about neutrality but about an organized and concerted attack on Christianity.

Yes because atheists love islam Shilo in fact last night I was thinking gee how do I further <<< Upset >>> Christians I know I am going to start Ramadan as a national holiday. If I had to choose between Christianity in schools or Islam in schools I would choose Christianity hands down every time if I had to choose between Christianity and Buddhism I think Buddhism wins out but then again that's just me. It is patently absurd to think that atheists support Islam. Do teachers enforce non Islamic students to practice Ramadan? yet we enforce the Christian holiday of Christmas? This is about a neutral play box and your assertion that atheism is IMO here to remove your right to religious expression is patently absurd. Did they remove the Decalogue in this case? NO so your conspiracy theory is false.

Edited by GoldenEagle
<<< Please remember profanity is not allowd. Removed profanity please follow the ToS. >>>

Not talking about just the Federal government here.  I'm talking local parks, courthouses, schools etc., which have been the battlegrounds of this war on Christianity.  These communities are bullied, or impoverished because of frivolous lawsuits from disinterested 3rd parties that don't even live in their communities.  I see it as a shakedown by mobsters. 

Power, not given to the Federal government is left to the states or the people, respectively.  The people have the power and authority as defined in the US Constitution to institutionalize their social values, and if religious symbols inspire justice or hold them accountable to their values, then they are well within their rights to establish them.

Guest shiloh357

Yes because atheists love islam Shilo in fact last night I was thinking gee how do I further <<< Upset >>> Christians I know I am going to start Ramadan as a national holiday. If I had to choose between Christianity in schools or Islam in schools I would choose Christianity hands down every time if I had to choose between Christianity and Buddhism I think Buddhism wins out but then again that's just me. It is patently absurd to think that atheists support Islam. Do teachers enforce non Islamic students to practice Ramadan? yet we enforce the Christian holiday of Christmas? This is about a neutral play box and your assertion that atheism is IMO here to remove your right to religious expression is patently absurd. Did they remove the Decalogue in this case? NO so your conspiracy theory is false.

------------------------

I am not saying that atheists support Islam.  I am simply pointing to the lack of consistency.  Christianity is the only faith expression that gets any heat from the atheists.  Again, try reading what I actually wrote instead of trying to make up my argument for me just so you have something to knock down.

We don't "enforce" the holiday of Christmas.  It is a faith expression and what they do is silence any expression of our faith in direct violation of the Constitution that protects our right to express our faith when and where we choose. 

It is not a conspiracy theory. It is on the news and happening all over the country.  It has nothng to do with neutrality at all.

Edited by shiloh357
<<< To remove quoted profanity. >>>