• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

I have a few brief comments...

I have no problem with believing in God, but I am not a big fan of organized religion in general, or the Church Doctrines, etc.

First, I just wanted to say..please don't let your dislike for organized religion and doctrine keep you from coming to Christ. I can tell you right now, I'm a believer (very strong in my faith) and I share your distaste for "organized religion" as whole as well. One of the things I love about Christianity as opposed to other "religions" is that it is very personal and intimate. My relationship with Christ is not dictated by anyone other than Christ Himself. I'm not naive, I see the flaws in modern spirituality (even modern christianity) but those things only make me cling to Christ more and reject the religiosity that turns so many off to Christ.

I'm not going to lecture you on being unequally yoked, cuz I'm sure you've heard it a million times. I would like to say, however, that you should strongly consider putting your wedding on hold until you and your g/f come to a peaceful agreement and understanding. Also, you need to understand...if the two of you do not share a spiritual bond, your relationship (even a wonderful one) will forever be incomplete.

All that being said, are you a reader at all? I could suggest several books (regarding having a relationship with Christ without "religiosity")...so let me know if you'd like me to give you a good list. Ditto on the Lee Strobel book though, I'd highly recommend that one.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

"An open mind is like an open window. Without a good screen, you let in all sorts of weird bugs!"

naih an open mind just lets you reaasess your thoughts because some times you may think one way but then hear something and then think another way. O.o

Flip -flopping like that didn't do Kerry a whole lot of good . . . :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

No, a mixed marriage, if the one person is truely a real and strong Chrsitian will ever really work well.

First the Christian will teach that any other religion is false and untrue, They will also have to teach the kids, that basicly your beleif in no God is also wrong.

This can only cause confussion for them also.

And no matter what you say, your absence in thier events, going to church every Sunday, and perhaps Wednesday night, means you will lose out in alot of thier life, and activities also.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/14/1987

"An open mind is like an open window. Without a good screen, you let in all sorts of weird bugs!"

And a closed mind is ignorance.

There is not problem with changing your mind as long as you stick with your beliefs (although people change those once or twice in their lifetime, but that is usually a different story). Anyway, the gyst I am getting from most of you is that I'll mess her up, however the majority (maybe all) of you who say that are intolerant (and more, but yeah...) so I am not going to listen to you. I will probably read that book (thanks God-man and Tess. Also as Dr. Luke pointed out, UndecidedFrog, very well said; thanks to you four very much.

-Sam

PS: Dr. Luke, get on YIM more plzzz!!! I like talking to you :thumbsup:.

Edited by Saved by Grace

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/14/1987

Hrm Tess, someone decided to pull a blitzkrieg on my account so I have like 0 priviges (Spelling maybe?). So if you could post your list I would much appreciate it.

flopping worked for me first I was a christian then nothing then an athiest then a star wars fanatic and now back to athieism.

Yup you guys are mostly stubbern that way.

Edited by d&dfan

first I was a christian then nothing

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You never really did meet Jesus then.