Enoc

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

During a study of the book of Jude the scripture contending for the faith  took center stage.

Jude 1:3 

Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. 4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

What are your thoughts or interpretation of this scripture contend earnestly for the faith”?

Edited by Enoc

During a study of the book of Jude the scripture contending for the faith took center stage.

Jude 1:3

Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. 4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

What are your thoughts or interpretation of this scripture contend earnestly for the faith”?

Strive for the truth. Don't be fooled or taken in by imposters. Remember what you were taught concerning the truth and don't be swayed one way or the other. Stay the course.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

I think just as the United States' brave man and woman of the military (as will as other countries), have contend for our country.  So we as Christian are called to contend for our faith (country--Hebrews 11:13-16).

II Timothy 2:3-4

3)  Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ:

4)  No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please Him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.