brontosaurus

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

--> Would you attribute grace as a new testament theme, and the Law as an Old Testament

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alias

Hi,

With regard to the "church" and the change to a sunday. I beg to differ. I will again assert that worshipping on the Sabbath is a very Jewish thing to do...isn't it? If I said to you Sabbath what you would immediately think? If I said sunday worship to you what would you immediately think?

Even if what you state is true, then why did they change it? Who gave them the right to change God's day? How could man be so arrogant as to deliberately change the Holy One's intended day?

Whether you consider the motive of the RCC changing the day as different from mine...the fact is that they changed it...and I ask why? Furthermore it un-nerves me that all this time I trusted the "church", and I placed my trust in men who couldn't even get God's desired day correct...Furthermore they tried to tell me that I was wrong in thinking it was a Saturday and not a sunday.

That really upset me a lot, because as a Christian I desire and seek to identify with Yeshua as much as possible. Knowing now that Yeshua never even worshiped the Holy One of Israel on a sunday, it made me sick to the guts to realize that all my sunday worshipping would have made God very sad with me indeed.

I will give references for my assertions if you absolutely insist...

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Alias,

First of all I am a Mrs., thank you.

Blashemy against the Holy Spirit is the unpardonable sin.  Blasphemy in any other form is simply blasphemy and anything can be blasphemied. sp?

The Bible says ALL scripture is inspried and I believe the Bible.  In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

If you don't believe the Bible you don't believe God and we have no common ground there to begin with.

You need to read Romans in context, it does not contradict itself, but it is not milk for babies either.  It is quite difficult to understand but simple if you are ready for the meat of the Word.

Paul is saying that we are not justified by our works but when we are justified Christ works through us so they will know us by our fruit and if we do nothing we are not bearing any fruit we will be cut off.  SO...you can't do anything to save yourself or be justified but when you are saved and justified He completes a great work in you for the increase of the kingdom.

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY YESHUA WOULDN'T HAVE EVER HEARD OF THE NEW TESTAMENT EVER!

Are you nuts?  Yeshua IS and He knows the end from the beginning--Hello!

Sigh :c2:

A few early church writings that show that the RCC did not change the Sabbath to Sunday

EVIDENCE THAT THE EARLY CHURCH WORSHIPPED ON SUNDAY FROM THE EARLY CHURCH FATHERS

THE EPISTLE OF BARNABAS about A.D. 100 - "Wherefore, also we keep the eighth day with joyfulness, the day also on which Jesus rose again from the dead."

THE EPISTLE OF IGNATIUS - A.D. 107 - "Be not deceived with strange doctrines, nor with old fables, which are unprofitable. For if we still live according to the Jewish Law, we acknowledge that we have not received grace....If, therefore, those who were brought up in the ancient order of things have come to the possession of a new hope, no longer observing the Sabbath, but living in the observance of the Lord's Day, on which also our life has sprung up again by Him and By His death."

THE WRITINGS OF JUSTIN MARTYR: A.D. 145-150 - "And on the day called Sunday all who live in cities or in the country gather together in one place, and the memoirs of the apostles or the writings of the prophets are read....But Sunday is the day on which we all hold a common assembly, because it is the first day of the week on which God...made the world; and Jesus Christ our Savior on the same day rose from the dead."

APOSTOLIC CONSTITUTIONS: Church life in the 2nd Century: - "On the day of the resurrection of the Lord--that is, the Lord's Day--assemble yourself together without fail, giving thanks to God and praising Him for those mercies God has bestowed upon you through Christ."

IRENEAEUS: A.D. 155-202 - "The Mystery of the Lord's Resurrection may not be celebrated on any other day than the Lord's Day, and on this alone should we observe the breaking off of the Paschal Feast."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest InHisLove

IRENEAEUS: A.D. 155-202 - "The Mystery of the Lord's Resurrection may not be celebrated on any other day than the Lord's Day, and on this alone should we observe the breaking off of the Paschal Feast."

Excellent post wordsower.

Good to see you back around IHL!! :cool2:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/26/1948

Grace= God's Riches At Christ's Expense. I know that's too simple, but then so is alot of things that we have to make very complicated to appease ourselves.

Guest InHisLove

Even if what you state is true, then why did they change it? Who gave them the right to change God's day? How could man be so arrogant as to deliberately change the Holy One's intended day?

Whether you consider the motive of the RCC changing the day as different from mine...the fact is that they changed it...and I ask why? Furthermore it un-nerves me that all this time I trusted the "church", and I placed my trust in men who couldn't even get God's desired day correct...Furthermore they tried to tell me that I was wrong in thinking it was a Saturday and not a sunday.

Biblical evidence of why the Church, the Body of Christ, changed the "Sabbath" on Saturday, the 7th day, to Sunday, the 1st day, for worship.

Isaiah 1:13 - God begins to reveal His displeasure with the Sabbath.

Matt. 28:1; Mark 16:2,9; John 20:1,19- the Gospel writers purposely reveal Jesus' resurrection and appearances were on Sunday. This is because Sunday had now become the most important day in the life of the Church.

Acts 20:7 - this texts shows the apostolic tradition of gathering together to celebrate the communion (the breaking of bread" on Sunday, the "first day of the week."