missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

There hasn't been a time in the history of human civilization when society hasn't been corrupt.

Why do so many Christians prefer to look on the negative side of things?

Jesus told us not to hide our light (negativity) but to ALWAYS let our light shine (positivity).

Who is the Light? :)

When we are told to let our light shine, what do you think it means? I think it means to let Him shine through us.

And by the way, I agree with you about positivity.

4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say, Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be known to every person. The Lord is at hand. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things. 9 What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—put these things into practice, and the God of peace will be with you.

I don't think being positive has influence, I think being godly and acting according to biblical principles does though.

Guest Butero

What this shows is how corrupt our government has become.  The rulings were not based on rule of law, but the personal feelings of Justice Kennedy.  He felt like all the members of Congress and Bill Clinton voted for and signed DOMA into law because of prejudice towards homosexuals.  That in itself is absurd.  The decision concerning California was wrong too.  The people voted to put in their state Constitution that marriage was between one man and one woman only.  It was a federal judge that threw it out based on the U.S. Constitution.  There is nothing in the U.S. Constitution guaranteeing homosexuals the right to marry others of the same sex. 

When I heard of these rulings, I just lost more respect for our government.  The Supreme Court justices are nothing more than dictators in black robes.  They just make up things to make the outcome as they desire, rather than giving proper interpretation based on original intent.  You can use the reasoning of Justice Kennedy to overturn all polygamy laws right now, by saying that those who wrote those laws were prejudiced against Mormons.  You could make the same claim against people who want to marry themselves for benefits, those who want to marry an animal, or anything else you can imagine. 

There is only one rational way I can see DOMA being unconstitutional, and that is if you say it is an overreach by the federal government.  I could accept that, but then I could make the same argument about their overreach in declaring state sodomy laws null and void, along with declaring abortion unconstitutional.  These were clearly overreaches, based on the personal biases of the Supreme Court justices. 

To me, this is another reason why states should seriously consider pulling out of the union.  If we can't do that, the church should consider separating from the government, and setting up their own government, similar to the way native Americans govern themselves, or the way the Amish have separated from this corrupt government.  Marriage no longer has any meaning in a nation that declares a union between two men or two women a married couple.  None of this took God by surprise, but it certainly gives him more reason to destroy America.  Our cup of iniquity continues to fill up. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

:huh: Where in the world did I say that God was not in control?Ofcourse He is.

Guest Butero

:huh: Where in the world did I say that God was not in control?Ofcourse He is.

I was responding to post #11 when I mentioned God being in control.  I was also responding to post #12.  Sorry if you thought I was saying that to you. 

:( Look around you. Read the news. So very, very bad. God must be weeping

:thumbsup:

Amen~!

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. Matthew 24:9-13

~

There Will Come A Time

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

When The LORD Our God Will Weep No More

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me. I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.

Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people. Deuteronomy 32:39-43

So Now Is The Time For All Mankind

The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. John 13:12

To Weep And To

Now when Ezra had prayed, and when he had confessed, weeping and casting himself down before the house of God, there assembled unto him out of Israel a very great congregation of men and women and children: for the people wept very sore. Ezra 10:1

Sin No More

From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Matthew 4:17

~

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

Love, Joe

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

The Scriptures tell us that lawlessness will abound in the end times...worse is yet to come. The Lord wept over Jerusalem and I'm sure He must weep today.

Sodom and Gomorrah has got nothing on this world today, there is just no limit to the perversity in the world today. So many children are being so cruelly used and abused...the list goes on and on... Im human and sometimes what I see and hear makes me weep.....yes The Lord must weep.

Nevertheless we continue to look up.. The Lord is coming soon.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Not sure if God is weeping about what is going on in the world......

The scriptures that come to mind:

Ecclesiastes 1:9

New King James Version (NKJV)

9 That which has been is what will be, That which is done is what will be done, And there is nothing new under the sun.

2 Timothy 3

3 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

1 John 2:15

15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

The Scriptures tell us that lawlessness will abound in the end times...worse is yet to come. The Lord wept over Jerusalem and I'm sure He must weep today.

Sodom and Gomorrah has got nothing on this world today, there is just no limit to the perversity in the world today. So many children are being so cruelly used and abused...the list goes on and on... Im human and sometimes what I see and hear makes me weep.....yes The Lord must weep.

Nevertheless we continue to look up.. The Lord is coming soon.

Amen....The Lord Is Coming :mgcheerful: