• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

In a nutshell, I think what JDavis is saying -- is that we're fighting a battle in the courts instead of fighting for the heart and soul of men.  We're trying to clean fish before we catch em!  The mandate of the great commission has always been to win and disciple souls!  Before I came to be a believer (as a former Grateful dead head), and living in Maryland at the time, I was pretty liberal in most of my thinking!  However becoming radically saved, changed my worldviews, changed my way of thinking -- the Holy Spirit taught me why Abortion was wrong, why adultery is wrong, why any number of sins is wrong!  The Holy Spirit changed my worldview as well as my political views!

The battle for the heart and soul of the nation, and the world are at stake -- and it's not won in opinion polls -- it's won one soul at a time!  And we'd better be about doing His business!

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This does not concur with what the gospel record of Jesus attitude towards different types of sin. He is recorded as being hot against money-love, self-righteousness and hypocrisy, and rather forgiving towards sexual sin. Perhaps he remembered his ancestor David, who was forgiven by God for sexual sin.

I know I'm late to this, but I disagree with what you wrote here to make a comment.

Jesus spoke against money-love, etc. because these were issues that needed to be addressed. Think about it, why would a rabbi need to tell Torah-observing Jews that sexual sin was wrong? It was common knowledge and common belief! And those involved in such were treated as outcasts.

As for forgiveness, have you not read about Zaccheus? He was a money-loving, swindling tax collector, yet Jesus showed him favor. and when Zaccheus repented, Jesus forgave readily.

So really, there isn't this kind of dichotomy going on.

The key is repentence, you know.

As for David, yes he was forgiven, but he still had a hefty price to pay (the child died, his eldest son rose against him, etc.).