WN: US decries settlement activity, confirms Indyk headed to Israel -

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.42
  • Content Count:  44,711
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

Washington criticized Israel for a recent move to support settlements, and confirmed that its new Mideast peace envoy will be in Jerusalem and Jericho next week for a second round of Israeli-Palestinian peace talks.

View the full article

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

How do you think this would sound?  

"Israel criticized Washington for a recent move to expand it's city limits"

Israel: “We do not accept the legitimacy of continued expansion of New-York city”

:duh: :duh: 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Funny how everyone treats Israel as the world's territory. ??

Meanwhile in Sudan . . .

(Funny how the world isn't sticking their nose in Africans' business like this. ???

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Israel does try to influence how the U.S. runs it's foreign policy.

I think as long as Israel accepts so much aid from the U.S.,  they have to listen to our concerns.  I left home at the age of 21 and stopped taking hand outs from my parents so I could make my own decisions.

I think as long as Israel accepts so much aid from the U.S.,  they have to listen to our concerns.  I left home at the age of 21 and stopped taking hand outs from my parents so I could make my own decisions.

Hi Ingrid. I am wondering, did you read the article or just the headline? Headlines don't always give the correct impression of what is going on.

Also, there's a difference between trying to influence foreign policy of another nation when their own nation is at stake in the matter, and that of another nation trying to influence how your nation runs its internal affairs.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hi Ingrid. I am wondering, did you read the article or just the headline? Headlines don't always give the correct impression of what is going on.

Also, there's a difference between trying to influence foreign policy of another nation when their own nation is at stake in the matter, and that of another nation trying to influence how your nation runs its internal affairs.

Did you read the article I posted?  It wasn't about internal affairs either.  I believe our relationship with Iran involves our nation being at stake.

Guest shiloh357

No, they don't.   Accepting aid from us doesn't mean we control the levers of power over another sovereign nation.  Furthermore, more than half of what they get from us, is returned to us in the form of weapons sales, so our "aid" is really not what it appears to be.

Israel is a sovereign nation and can do what it wants with its own land.  Israel, despite what some think is not a vassal nation to the United States, whether they get foreign aid from us or not.

Did you read the article I posted? 

Yes.

So, did you read the article in the OP?

I wasn't asking as a challenge, but for understanding. I wasn't sure if you were responding to the headline or what was mentioned in the article?

It wasn't about internal affairs either.  I believe our relationship with Iran involves our nation being at stake.

I believe we are mixing signals. Teh US gov't is bugging the Israeli on an internal affair to Israel. The Israeli gov't is bugging the US gov't on an issue that directly threatens Israel's survival.