• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

We agree on items 2 and 4.

On item 1 I just believe God spoke it into existence 6,000 years ago.

Item 3 is another thread. I do believe the account is the Holy Bible is literal.

I believe that item 2 is the most important of them all. 

I understand that you believe God spoke it into existence 6,000 years ago, and I do understand why you hold that view.  I am sympathetic to the idea that I may well be wrong, but I view it differently than you.  Not because I love the Lord less, not because I do not trust His word, but because I view some passaged differently than you. 

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Thread title is "What kind of God would have used evolution over billions of years". So if God did use evolution over billions of years then the answer is "An awesome God".

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3

Thread title is "What kind of God would have used evolution over billions of years". So if God did use evolution over billions of years then the answer is "An awesome God".

A god that used evolution over billions of years must have delighted in the suffering of countless creatures. Not as awesome a god as you think.

The God of the Holy Bible did not use evolution over billions of years. God created everything in 6 days about 6,000 years ago. He said it was very good.

Suffering and death are the result of mankind's sin not God's design.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

A god that used evolution over billions of years must have delighted in the suffering of countless creatures. Not as awesome a god as you think.

The God of the Holy Bible did not use evolution over billions of years. God created everything in 6 days about 6,000 years ago. He said it was very good.

In response to your first statement if indeed God created the earth 6000 years ago then countless creatures have suffered since so don't really get the point your trying to make. And if a being like God created life through evolution of course it's awesome.

Your second statement. That's what you believe. I don't believe the earth is 6000 years ago and that's because of a point already brought up which is starlight. If a star is one million light years away then it took that light one million years to get here. I don't believe the age of the earth has anything to do with god existing or not anyway.

Third statement, again it's your belief , but I don't think people die because of sin.

In response to your first statement if indeed God created the earth 6000 years ago then countless creatures have suffered since so don't really get the point your trying to make. And if a being like God created life through evolution of course it's awesome.

Your second statement. That's what you believe. I don't believe the earth is 6000 years ago and that's because of a point already brought up which is starlight. If a star is one million light years away then it took that light one million years to get here. I don't believe the age of the earth has anything to do with god existing or not anyway.

Third statement, again it's your belief , but I don't think people die because of sin.

The Holy Bible says that the wages of sin is death. So according to God, sin does bring death.

Yes if the Earth were 6,000 years old, alot of creatures suffered death but not nearly as many as for a billion years of evolution. And man brought the curse it was not God's choice.

Starlight means nothing. Have you measured the speed of light at say 1 billion light years away? No one has. It is an assumption.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

The Holy Bible says that the wages of sin is death. So according to God, sin does bring death.

Death in the Bible often refers to a spiritual death, not a physical one.

God told Adam and Eve they would die if they ate of the forbidden fruit.  They did not die a physical death when they ate of it, so it seems plain and clear God was speaking of the spiritual death they did experience when they ate of the fruit.

In Luke 15 ,the story of the Prodigal Son the father says the son was "dead".  this is clearly not a physical death but a spiritual one.

The wages of sin is the same sort of death.

Isn't it almost near definition that whatever God does, it is good, perfect, moral, awesome, etc? 

So if God did use evolution over billions of years, by definition it is awesome and good because God did it.

Even when we don't understand it, like when the Bible talks about God demanding genocide, or tells his people to kidnap virgins, Christians accept it as the most loving and perfect thing a benevolent God could do. If we don't get it, then there is just something wrong with our understanding. That is what I've gathered anyway. 

God does not lie. He said 6 days in Exodus 20:11

At the end of creation God said it was "very good"

So God did not use evolution. There was no death, disease, and suffering until Adam and Eve sinned.

By man came death.

God does not lie.

You keep repeating this statement, yet nobody is claiming that God lied.

By repeating this over and over again you are either not reading what people posting or you are making false accusations....

Which is it?

God does not lie.

By repeating this over and over again you are either not reading what people posting or you are making false accusations....

Which is it?

I am saying that they are mistaken if they believe that it took more than 6 days. I am reading what people are posting. I do not respond to them all. I am not making false accusations.

God does not lie.

Which is it?

I am saying that they are mistaken if they believe that it took more than 6 days. I am reading what people are posting. I do not respond to them all. I am not making false accusations.

"God does not lie" does not equate well to "i think you are mistaken". the former puts people on the defensive and does not help the discussion.

Those of us who read these verses differently than you are not saying that God lied; we just think you are mistaken in your view.