IGNORED

Salvation is just by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood

MarkNigro

No, there's also praying, reading the Bible, finding a church, spreading the gospel, helping people. Staying close to the Word is very important. If you can think of anything else, lemme know. :)

Staying close to the Word, what exactly do you mean by that?

Are you an unbeliever, or are you just testing me with questions. :cool2:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I am a believer/follower of the Lord Jesus Christ and my question to you is just to clarify with your "Word," what does it stand for? To some people that I met and talked to, "the Word" to them stand for the bible itself, but to some they refer the "Word" to Jesus but later on I discovered same is anchored in the bible, too. This is the reason why I am asking you, I want to be clarified with your "Word," if you may?

Edited by Sanh

I am a believer/follower of the Lord Jesus Christ and my question to you is just to clarify with your "Word," what does it stand for? To some people that I met and talked to, "the Word" to them stand for the bible itself, but to some they refer the "Word" to Jesus but later on I discovered same is anchored in the bible, too. This is the reason why I am asking you, I want to be clarified with your "Word," if you may?

The Word is the Bible, and the Word is from the Living God. Old Test. and New Test, All 66 Books.

The Word is the Bible, and the Word is from the Living God. Old Test. and New Test, All 66 Books.

Thanks for that, may I now make a follow up question to you regarding your previous post re:the Word, is staying close to the bible a requirement to maintain our salvation? If so, where and when did the Lord Jesus Christ teach that staying close to the bible is a requirement in maintaining with us our salvation?

Thanks for that, may I now make a follow up question to you regarding your previous post re:the Word, is staying close to the bible a requirement to maintain our salvation? If so, where and when did the Lord Jesus Christ teach that staying close to the bible is a requirement in maintaining with us our salvation?

You're welcome. Maintain isn't the right word we should be using here, because by using maintain we are giving glory to ourselves. The work of salvation was already done at the cross. Rather let's use the words growth and maturity instead. A better way to express that sentence is the Bible is a requirement in growing and maturing in the spirit realm. Side note: staying close to the Bible is just one of the requirements. There are many scriptures that speak of growth in the Word of God, but we will rest our eyes upon only one tonight..

Hebrews 5:12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food, 13 for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child. 14 But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.

6 Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 and of instruction about washings, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 3 And this we will do if God permits. 4 For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and shave shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.

You're welcome. Maintain isn't the right word we should be using here, because by using maintain we are giving glory to ourselves. The work of salvation was already done at the cross. Rather let's use the words growth and maturity instead. A better way to express that sentence is the Bible is a requirement in growing and maturing in the spirit realm. Side note: staying close to the Bible is just one of the requirements. There are many scriptures that speak of growth in the Word of God, but we will rest our eyes upon only one tonight..

I am not referring to growth and maturity in the bible, it is the salvation per se that I am talking about. It is a gift that God gives to those who truly acknowledges and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ but said salvation is conditional, that is salvation is with us for as long as we continue to put all our trust and belief in the Lord Jesus Christ himself and not to anything else, even the bible itself. Salvation will fly away from us the moment we detached ourselves from the Lord and He will get back the salvation He gave to us thus we have to maintain that gift given to us by continuous believing and following the Lord Jesus Christ. It is in this context that I ask you if staying close to the bible is a requirement for us to maintain with us our salvation, do I make it clear this time?

Edited by Sanh

I am not referring to growth and maturity in the bible, it is the salvation per se that I am talking about. It is a gift that God gives to those who truly acknowledges and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ but said salvation is conditional, that is salvation is with us for as long as we continue to put all our trust and belief in the Lord Jesus Christ himself and not to anything else, even the bible itself. Salvation will fly away from us the moment we detached ourselves from the Lord and He will get back the salvation He gave to us thus we have to maintain that gift given to us by continuous believing and following the Lord Jesus Christ. It is in this context that I ask you if staying close to the bible is a requirement for us to maintain with us our salvation, do I make it clear this time?

Ask yourself why I would add growth and maturity into conversation. There's a reason I did that. I understand what you're saying, but it's impossible to lose our salvation. We can fall from grace if we willfully sin, but our salvation is permanent. If we do sin, the Holy Spirit will convict us with righteousness. Why do you think the Bible calls the Holy Spirit a teacher. We are sealed until redemption. That's why they call it a gift. Salvation is unconditional, because his love for us is just that, eternal and neverending in us. To understand his love for us is to understand the deity of Christ himself. How big is the God we are worshiping. Is he not the creator of the universe. Is he not omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent..

Ask yourself why I would add growth and maturity into conversation. There's a reason I did that. I understand what you're saying, but it's impossible to lose our salvation. We can fall from grace if we willfully sin, but our salvation is permanent. If we do sin, the Holy Spirit will convict us with righteousness. Why do you think the Bible calls the Holy Spirit a teacher. We are sealed until redemption. That's why they call it a gift. Salvation is unconditional, because his love for us is just that, eternal and neverending in us. To understand his love for us is to understand the deity of Christ himself. How big is the God we are worshiping. Is he not the creator of the universe. Is he not omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent..

So, it is very clear that we have different notions of salvation and for sure we will not be able to meet or blend our notions into one. And since we have both laid down our cards on the topic at hand, I would say we have now to part, in a friendly manner, discussing this issue anymore to avoid further misunderstandings.

May you be saved by what you are saying, God bless you, bro.

Edited by Sanh

May you be saved by what you are saying, God bless you, bro.

What am I saying that's wrong. I'm already saved bro. What you mean is, may you be sanctified in the spirit by what you are saying.

What am I saying that's wrong. I'm already saved bro. What you mean is, may you be sanctified in the spirit by what you are saying.

Whatever, bro. May God bless you.