MarkNigro

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3

Jesus Christ, who is the Lord God Almighty, proclaimed the following.

John 3:14-16

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Since belief is the only thing mentioned, it must be the only thing necessary for salvation. It cannot be belief plus anything else. If it were, then the statement would not be true. But Jesus said this, so it must be true. If someone does not believe these words spoken by Jesus Christ, then that person does not believe what Jesus Christ said. Therefore that person has not believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. John 3:14-15 and 16 are faith alone statements.

These verses also are eternal security (once saved, always saved) statements, else they would say might have everlasting life. If a person has everlasting life, they could never be damned. The same logic applies to the very many passages, which show that faith in the Lord Jesus Christ gives everlasting life.

From the above, we are assured by God Almighty the Saviour that if you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, you are saved forever. Those that are saved through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood have all their sins paid for by that blood. They have all their sins forgiven by faith in His atoning blood. God will not remember their sins. Therefore, no passage of damnation or condemnation applies to those saved by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Those that have not believed by faith alone are not saved. None of their sins are paid for, forgiven, or forgotten.  Every passage of damnation or condemnation applies to them. Many people quote the very passages that condemn them.

Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles (Romans 11:13). He got the gospel by direct revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12). Jesus Christ ordained that the Gentiles should hear the gospel of salvation from Paul (see Romans 15:16 and 2 Timothy 4:17). Paul and Silas were asked a very direct question. Paul, inspired by the Holy Spirit, said the following, which he got from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 16:30-31

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

If anything else were needed for salvation besides believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, Paul would surely have said so. Faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood for our sins saves.

Paul declared the gospel of salvation (the good news of Jesus Christ) in the following passage.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Paul also wrote that all those who believe the gospel of Jesus Christ are saved forever.

Romans 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek

Do you believe Jesus Christ who said:

John 6:47

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

In love, in Christ, in meekness,

Mark

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Since belief is the only thing mentioned, it must be the only thing necessary for salvation. It cannot be belief plus anything else. If it were, then the statement would not be true. But Jesus said this, so it must be true. If someone does not believe these words spoken by Jesus Christ, then that person does not believe what Jesus Christ said. Therefore that person has not believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. John 3:14-15 and 16 are faith alone statements.

These verses also are eternal security (once saved, always saved) statements, else they would say might have everlasting life. If a person has everlasting life, they could never be damned. The same logic applies to the very many passages, which show that faith in the Lord Jesus Christ gives everlasting life.

1.  The question is how shall we believe today in/on/into Jesus, how shall we do that in our actual life?

2.  Where or from whom did you learn that if a person is given an eternal life, same is never to be damned anymore and is always saved, did Jesus teach that to the apostles as recorded in the bible?

1.  The question is how shall we believe today in/on/into Jesus, how shall we do that in our actual life?

2.  Where or from whom did you learn that if a person is given an eternal life, same is never to be damned anymore and is always saved, did Jesus teach that to the apostles as recorded in the bible?

1. To believe in/on Jesus Christ or to believe in/on the name of Jesus Christ is defined in the Holy Bible.

First, you must believe that Jesus Christ is God Almighty. That makes Jesus Christ the  Creator.

John 8:24, 58

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

John 20:28-29

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Second, you must believe what Jesus Christ did. The Lord Jesus Christ took on flesh. Jesus completely paid for our sins when He shed His holy blood on the cross. He then was buried and rose again the third day.

Romans 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Romans 3:22-26

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Finally you must believe what Jesus has promised: everlasting life simple through faith in Him. The following passages also answer your second question.

Eternal Security or Once Saved Always Saved is Absolutely True. The Holy Bible has many verses or passages that prove this. Here is just a few. There are many more.

If someone has everlasting life, then they could never be damned. If not they did not have everlasting life but potentially everlasting life. Jesus Christ, who is God, would not lie especially with the double verily.

Verse 15 and 16 again say the same thing and by the same logic have eternal security. Both also emphatically claim, “should not perish” also. Verse 18 Jesus Christ says that they are not condemned.

John 3:14-18

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

In verse 26, Jesus Christ said that they shall never die. Surely you believe God.

John 11:25-26

25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

If your sealed till the day of redemption, you could not be damned.

Ephesians 4:30

And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Jesus says He is with the saved and will never leave them. How could they ever go to hell.

Hebrews 13:5

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

If someone has eternal life, then they could never be damned. If not they did not have eternal life but potentially eternal life. Jesus Christ, who is God, would not lie. Again Jesus Christ is emphatic that “they shall never perish.” Obviously no man can pluck them out of Jesus’ hand or His Father’s hand.

John 10:28-30

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

How can you know that you have eternal life if is only a maybe?

1 John 5:13

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

The next passage says “are saved” not might be saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Potentially damned could not be salvation.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

John 5:24

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

2 Corinthians 5:8

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The only belief that does not count is a false belief. So you must believe who Jesus really is, what He has done, and what Jesus has promised. Also you trust in works FOR salvation or your own merit to earn salvation.

Romans 4:5

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

The above sampling absolutely proves that eternal security (once saved always saved) is absolutely true. They are emphatic and quite clear. Since the Holy Bible has no contradictions, anything that you think shows otherwise is just your mistaken interpretation.

Mark

1. To believe in/on Jesus Christ or to believe in/on the name of Jesus Christ is defined in the Holy Bible.

First, you must believe that Jesus Christ is God Almighty. That makes Jesus Christ the  Creator.

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Second, you must believe what Jesus Christ did. The Lord Jesus Christ took on flesh. Jesus completely paid for our sins when He shed His holy blood on the cross. He then was buried and rose again the third day.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Finally you must believe what Jesus has promised: everlasting life simple through faith in Him. The following passages also answer your second question.

Eternal Security or Once Saved Always Saved is Absolutely True. The Holy Bible has many verses or passages that prove this. Here is just a few. There are many more.

If someone has everlasting life, then they could never be damned. If not they did not have everlasting life but potentially everlasting life. Jesus Christ, who is God, would not lie especially with the double verily.

Verse 15 and 16 again say the same thing and by the same logic have eternal security. Both also emphatically claim, “should not perish” also. Verse 18 Jesus Christ says that they are not condemned.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

In verse 26, Jesus Christ said that they shall never die. Surely you believe God.

25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Jesus says He is with the saved and will never leave them. How could they ever go to hell.

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

If someone has eternal life, then they could never be damned. If not they did not have eternal life but potentially eternal life. Jesus Christ, who is God, would not lie. Again Jesus Christ is emphatic that “they shall never perish.” Obviously no man can pluck them out of Jesus’ hand or His Father’s hand.

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The only belief that does not count is a false belief. So you must believe who Jesus really is, what He has done, and what Jesus has promised. Also you trust in works FOR salvation or your own merit to earn salvation.

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

The above sampling absolutely proves that eternal security (once saved always saved) is absolutely true. They are emphatic and quite clear. Since the Holy Bible has no contradictions, anything that you think shows otherwise is just your mistaken interpretation.

Mark

My question to you this time, if you won't mind, is this;

What to you is the Lord Jesus, is the He (Lord Jesus) the bible?

Edited by Sanh

Mark

My question to you this time, if you won't mind, is this;

What to you is the Lord Jesus, is the He (Lord Jesus) the bible?

The Lord Jesus Christ is God from the Holy Bible.

He is not the Bible.

He is described in the Bible.

He created al things.

Jesus Christ is the only Saviour.

The Lord Jesus Christ is God from the Holy Bible.

He is not the Bible.

He is described in the Bible.

He created al things.

Jesus Christ is the only Saviour.

1.  Please let me be clarified, is the Lord Jesus God from the bible or is the Lord Jesus God of the bible and all things?

2.  So, since Jesus is not the bible, He is not a book.

3.  The Lord God created all things and one of His name is Jesus, do you agree?

4.  As Jesus is the only Savior, He is the Lord God of the OT.

Now, how shall we believe in and on Jesus in His own way of living (being the Lord God of all) knowing now that Jesus is not the bible?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Sanh,

I struggled for many years with not understanding how to "believe" in Jesus for forgiveness of my sins. I grew up in church where I heard the Gospel preached every Sunday for years. I knew I was a sinner and I wanted to believe in Jesus for salvation but I did not understand how to believe. Eventually I did find out how to believe and I wrote an article about my experience. Actual I wrote 2 articles about it but the second article was a response to some emails that I received about the first article. You might find that my experience could be of some help for you. Please take time to read the article. The title of the article is "What Does it Mean to Believe in Jesus?"

You can use the link below to go to the article.

http://www.raptureforums.com/FeaturedCommentary/whatdoesitmeantobelieveinjesus.cfm

It is a long article but it explains how God opened my spiritual eyes to the truth about how to believe in Jesus.

About eternal life:

The bible tells us in many places that anyone who "believes" the gospel message will have forgiveness of our sin and will become a "born again" child of God and then will have eternal life.

One place we are told that is in John 3:16.

Please read my article; In it I use many bible verse to explain about believing in Jesus. Also, I just want to add that for anyone to "believe" in Jesus for salvation, to have all sin forgiven, and to receive eternal life does not have to be a complicated experience. It is all explained in the bible; that is where I found the truth about believing in Jesus and today, 42 years, later I still have the complete & total assurance of God's Word that my sins are forgiven and that I have eternal life. God gave me a lasting "peace."  That assurance can be yours too if and when you find God's way of salvation.

Edited by john14:6

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

1.  Please let me be clarified, is the Lord Jesus God from the bible or is the Lord Jesus God of the bible and all things?

2.  So, since Jesus is not the bible, He is not a book.

3.  The Lord God created all things and one of His name is Jesus, do you agree?

4.  As Jesus is the only Savior, He is the Lord God of the OT.

Now, how shall we believe in and on Jesus in His own way of living (being the Lord God of all) knowing now that Jesus is not the bible?

Sanh,

I just posted a reply to your other post and then I saw this one. I want to reply to this one also.

Jesus is the God of the bible who created all things. Jesus is not a book but He is the God from the book, the bible, because the bible tells us about Him.

Jesus is the Living Word of God. The bible is the written word of God. Jesus is also in the old testament.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the word was with God, and the word was God. v2.   The same was in the beginning with God. v3. All things were made by Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made." v14. "And the word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

I have been a Christian for over 40 years and there are still a lot of things I don't understand about the bible, about Jesus, and about God. One thing I don't understand is about the trinity; how there is ONE God in 3 persons. I don't fully understand how Jesus and God are both God but at the same time are 2 different personalities.  But, we don't have to understand everything about Jesus & God before we can believe who they are and before we can believe that Jesus will do what He promised He will do for anyone who places his/her trust in Him.  I don't understand how my TV works but I still watch it.  We can "believe" the Gospel message for forgiveness of our sins and receive eternal life if we understand that we are sinners, that we need to be forgiven of our sin, and that believing the gospel is the only way for that to happen. That is God's plan of salvation for all of mankind.

Do you understand the Gospel message? If you do not understand the Gospel message but you would like to understand it I'm sure that there are many forum members who can explain it to you. I will gladly explain God's Plan of salvation to you; just ask if that is what you are looking for.

Please read my reply to your other post.

Edited by john14:6

Please read my article; In it I use many bible verse to explain about believing in Jesus. Also, I just want to add that for anyone to "believe" in Jesus for salvation, to have all sin forgiven, and to receive eternal life does not have to be a complicated experience. It is all explained in the bible; that is where I found the truth about believing in Jesus and today, 42 years, later I still have the complete & total assurance of God's Word that my sins are forgiven and that I have eternal life. God gave me a lasting "peace."  That assurance can be yours too if and when you find God's way of salvation.

From the article itself, I find this part very encouraging and interesting and it says:

After several years of living in this miserable condition I finally just gave up on everything I was trying to do and, out of desperation, I turned to God for help. One night as I lay down in bed to try and get some sleep I looked up at the ceiling and said a simple prayer "God, will you show me what I need to know about believing in Jesus?"

I agree with Larry Johnson in saying "I finally just gave up on everything......., out of desperation, I turned to God for help," there is really nothing wrong in turning to God for help for it is the very right thing to for all of us to do so that no one amongst us can be led astray by anyone or by anything. As I went over reading on his article, I am saddened by his immediate actions after his prayer asking God to show him what he needs to know about believing in Jesus - reading the bible his very first time. Not that I am against anyone who read the bible but it is the way that Larry did - substitute the bible to God by saying "As I started to read John 1:1 immediately I recognized that God was showing me the truth about His word and about Jesus that I had not seen before." He (Larry) was just reading from the bible at that time and God was not yet showing him (Larry) anything coming from Him (God) in His (God) own terms/ways of living, did He (God)? And no wonder that his testimonies are flooded now with bible verses together with his own interpretation/understanding, what else is new compared to other testimonies of various local churches everywhere around the globe? I don't see anything about God's response in His own terms/ways of living in connection with Larry's call to God - for God (not the bible if I may add) to show him what he needs to know about believing in Jesus.  

My question to Larry is still the same - is the bible the Lord God or Lord Jesus? If not, then what he (Larry) believes in is what he has read on the bible which is not the Lord God who is alive and real. Do you not believe that God can respond to Larry's call in God's own ways of responding?

Edited by Sanh

Do you understand the Gospel message? If you do not understand the Gospel message but you would like to understand it I'm sure that there are many forum members who can explain it to you. I will gladly explain God's Plan of salvation to you; just ask if that is what you are looking for.

Please read my reply to your other post.

Every one in this forum and so with other fora of this nature has each his own respective understanding and misunderstanding of the scriptures in general. Not all in the scripture can be understood just like that. The question is who has the genuine understanding amongst us who read the bible? I categorically say that I do not have, how about you?

Saying the bible is "the word of God" means vague to me since God is alive and real and the Word of God is with Him (God), always. What I believe in the bible is that words that God uttered in the past are now recorded in it (bible). If I want to know the meaning of those words uttered by God in the past that are now in the bible, all I have to do is to come to and call on to God the way that Larry decided to out of his desperation - go and come straight to God and ask Him to teach me/us but this time, we have to learn the art of waiting to God to respond to our call.