BlessedByTheBest

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

if it is scriptural, then please provide scriptures.

if it is not scriptural, then why would it be wrong to do so?

love to you all.

love to you all.

~

Beloved, Why Yes

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. John 14:12-14

Yes It Is

When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy. And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh. Matthew 2:10-11

And So

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. John 20:28

I Do

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Prayer in Jesus' name is taught John 14:13-14And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask[a] anything in My name, I will do it.

love to you all.

~

Beloved, Why Yes

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. John 14:12-14

Yes It Is

When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy. And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh. Matthew 2:10-11

And So

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. John 20:28

I Do

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

Joe,

i don't see how you showed it to be scriptural by those verses.  i see it as biblical to pray all prayers in His name, though.

i am by no means attempting to take away from the deity of Christ Jesus, but are we truly ever instructed in the Bible to pray to Him and not the Father?

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Ephesians 5:19

~

i don't see how you showed it to be scriptural by those verses.  i see it as biblical to pray all prayers in His name, though.

i am by no means attempting to take away from the deity of Christ Jesus, but are we truly ever instructed in the Bible to pray to Him and not the Father?

Beloved It's Not Just One

And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Luke 11:2

Or The Other

He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. Revelation 22:20

But It's To God We Pray

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen. 2 Corinthians 13:14

You See?

~

I Have Brothers Who Insist That We Pray Only To Father God

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

And I Never Contradict Them, I Just Love And Support Them

Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. Matthew 15:25

Than Again Beloved, You Asked Without Guile So I Will Answer In Truth

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. Romans 8:26-27

~

To See Why I Never Interfere With

Nor Chastise Folk When They Make Prayer Requests

While Praying To The Living God

You Need To Go With Me

Back To The Summer

Of 1949

God Both Save Me

And Schooled Me Within A Week Or Two

I Was Six Years Old

In The Heart Of Summer

In The Deep Woods Of Zion, Illinois

Walking Alone On A Sunday Afternoon And I Talked To Jesus

And I Simply Asked Him To Come

Into My Heart And He Did

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

A Few Weeks Later

An Uncle Asked My Father

To Allow Him To Take Me Down

To His Cabin On Lake Michigan To Help

Hand Pump Out His Flooded Basement And I Went 

After My Hands Were Thoroughly Blistered 

My Uncle Took Me Into The Living Room And Commanded That I Pray

When Child That I Was, I Started To Talk To Jesus

And Pour My Little Heart Out To My LORD

My Dear Uncle Angrily Stopped

My Prayers

But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Mark 10:14

He Told Me I Was To Pray In Jesus Name (Correct)

And Made Me Pray To The Father

The Correct Way

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. 1 John 2:23-25

By The Way This Dear Uncle Of Mine Went On To Became Very High Up

In Mr. Herbert W. Armstrong's Worldwide Church of God

And I Have Never Forgotten His Lesson On Contempt

For A Child's Talk With Jesus, The Creator God

So When I Am Asked To Pray On Worthy

I Know Prayer Is A Place Of Warfare

I Am So Thankful For Yeshua

And I Pray To Abba Father

To His Son, My LORD

To The Mighty Spirit Of The Living God, To God - Period....

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.
And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
Deuteronomy 6:4-7

And I Am So Thankful To The Beloved Jews Who Suffered

To Give To Me His Holy Words To Keep

And To Treasure In My Heart

I Bless His Holy Name

God Is Good

I Pray This Is

Of Some Help (Or Not?)

In Your Search For The LORD God Of Our Prayers

~

Excellent Thread Dear Brother

And Thank You For Your Questions

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

If we follow the pattern set forth in Scripture, we should pray to the Father, as Jesus taught us both in Matthew 6 and as He taught by example in His prayers. We also should pray in the name of the Son, as Jesus also taught in John 16:23-24. This was the pattern the Apostle Paul gives us in Ephesians 3:14-21. Ephesians 2:18 tells us that through Christ both Jews and Gentiles have access to the Father in the Spirit. So, my view is that the general pattern of prayer is to pray to the Father in the name of Jesus. In my prayers, I almost always spend some time thanking the Father for Christ, who is the greatest blessing given to us.

However, I do not think it is wrong if one prays directly to Christ Jesus or to the Holy Spirit. While I know of no examples in Scripture where prayer is directed to the Holy Spirit, I do not find the concept to be contrary to Scripture. I note that in Acts 7:59, when Stephen was dying, His prayer was directed to the Lord Jesus. And the Apostle John closes out the book of Revelation with a prayer to the Lord Jesus. So, there is certainly valid precedence for praying to Jesus. The Holy Spirit, being our comforter and friend, certainly is capable of having conversation with us as well.

Nevertheless, given the teaching of Christ, I believe that His pattern to us is to pray to our Father in heaven. And we should ask in the name of Jesus, a pattern that Jesus explains in John 16:26-27 as being based on the Father’s own love for us, which love is shared by the Son and the Spirit. As Hebrews 4:15-16 states, we have the privilege of coming boldly to the Father because of our great high priest, Jesus Christ.

I appreciate your observation on the “Christ focus” of Scripture. Both the Father and the Spirit point to the Son. He is everything to us, our wisdom, our righteousness, our sanctification, our redemption, our hope, our life, our shepherd, our brother, our friend, and our Lord and our God. Hebrews 12:2 tells us to look to Him as the author and perfecter of our faith.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Edited by Elmer2628

thanks brother Joe! oh, btw,  i'm a brother too, not a sister!  :laughing:

thank for your answer as well Elmer.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

You can pray to God the Father,God the Son and God the Holy Spirit too.