IGNORED

evolution definition and other issues

alphaparticle

Good morning Ninhao,

I believe that every single word of what He sais is important. Even such a tiny detail as an order of things. Every single word from our heavenly father counts.

Overlapping - if you can show that the amount of work of each Creation day overlapped with something, ok, please go ahead...

However, God's word is even for uneducated children to read. "let the little children come". Why not keep our interpretation easy, I'm asking myself.

Later on in the Bible, Paul gives importance to a precise order of creational proceeding (1. Cor. 11:9).

Thomas

Thomas every word in Genesis is important but the order of Creation isn't given to be scientifically dissected imo. Let's for instance look at the making of the Sun and Moon in Genesis 1:14. Is it possible this was simply the exposure of them through atmospheric clearing so they would "rule over the day and the over night" ( as mentioned to D-9 in post #44). Also we may be able to think in Gen 1:11 when God made the Earth bring forth vegetation that it could begin with basic algae and progress to seed bearing plants over a long period etc.

The Creation of Man is represented distinctly differently than the rest as you say.

When you read the Genesis account do you concern yourself with the order of Creation or that God Created everything ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Good morning Ninhao,

I believe that every single word of what He sais is important. Even such a tiny detail as an order of things. Every single word from our heavenly father counts.

Overlapping - if you can show that the amount of work of each Creation day overlapped with something, ok, please go ahead...

However, God's word is even for uneducated children to read. "let the little children come". Why not keep our interpretation easy, I'm asking myself.

Later on in the Bible, Paul gives importance to a precise order of creational proceeding (1. Cor. 11:9).

Thomas

Thomas every word in Genesis is important but the order of Creation isn't given to be scientifically dissected imo. Let's for instance look at the making of the Sun and Moon in Genesis 1:14. Is it possible this was simply the exposure of them through atmospheric clearing so they would "rule over the day and the over night" ( as mentioned to D-9 in post #44). Also we may be able to think in Gen 1:11 when God made the Earth bring forth vegetation that it could begin with basic algae and progress to seed bearing plants over a long period etc.

The Creation of Man is represented distinctly differently than the rest as you say.

When you read the Genesis account do you concern yourself with the order of Creation or that God Created everything ?

There are endless plausible thoughts on this... but this one thing is true-> God gave this to Moses to write it down as

God's Own truth... when we fiddle with it as to drag it down into the laws we ourselves are under... have we not changed

The God Who 'IS' above His creation to another kind in subjection to the very created thing?

Rom 1:20-23

20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen,

being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead,

so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not

glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their

foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and

changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man

— and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

NKJV

Love, Steven

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Good morning Ninhao,

I concern myself with both order and God having created.

You offer two explanantions for two different days. They are possible explanations, I think. Concerning sun and moon, it isn't written, that God literally made them at that day. Concerning the plants, we can take into account that God, in my opinion, regards life as existent at an early stage already, in general.

If these two were to be true, I still stay with my opinion that order is important even when it comes down to a narrative account. 

Thomas

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Good morning Ninhao,

I concern myself with both order and God having created.

You offer two explanantions for two different days. They are possible explanations, I think. Concerning sun and moon, it isn't written, that God literally made them at that day. Concerning the plants, we can take into account that God, in my opinion, regards life as existent at an early stage already, in general.

If these two were to be true, I still stay with my opinion that order is important even when it comes down to a narrative account. 

Thomas

Good morning Ninhao again,

I need to apologize, I was wrong:

It is written that God made sun and moon at that day, it is just two verses later: Gen 1:16

God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

Let me change my opinion: your first interpretation was wrong, God made them at that day. Only your second one stays possible, I think, I mean so long as we don't find any verse that is against it, of course :brightidea: .

Have a good day,

Thomas T

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

Let the earth bring forth ... Let the waters bring forth

But what exactly is this phrase supposed to have meant? How are we to know from this text precisely how this process did or didn't occur? I don't see how any theory can be proven or disproven using this particular passage of Scripture.

Hello Chloe this is my point. The passages don't give us enough information to be adamant God Created instantaneously and fully matured; but they may allow a sense that God Created over a period of time using a method of "bringing forth". 

What do you think?

Yes, I agree with that.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hello Alpha I agree mostly. There is the glaring problem though that if you attempt to allegorise Adam the people who speak of him in the bible, and genealogies including him,  are mistaken.imo What do you think about this ? I am reasoning on progressive creation atm ( which up to recently I held as OEC ) and  this is the main stumbling block. It is important that Adam was the first man created in God's image to accept the story of sin and redemption. 

Hi Ninhao. May I suggest that Adam is important for the idea of Original sin?

The story of sin and redemption just needs sin - yours, mine (certainly), everybody's - and redemption - the Resurrection.