wordsower

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

WordSower. Hmmm. Interesting sorts of Biblical interpretation that I must confess still have me baffled...There are many 'types' within the Scriptures...but we must be careful we don't try and make up types to fit into our theories.

For example equating the parents of Jesus with Israel...or saying that Israel did not know the Holy Ghost was given on Shavu'ot (when thousands came to faith in Jerusalem)..to fit in with His parents not knowing their son had stayed behind in Jerusalem...is very tenuous.

I thought CarolineS has some positive links...although I would suggest that the type of way we should be anxiously looking for the L-rds return would differ from the anxiousness expressed by the L-rds parents and Mary and Martha.

Hope you don't mind me disagreeing a little...but I am looking forward to the other things you unearth. :)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Great point Botz,

We certainly don't want to add anything to scripture.

I believe that the Word is living because it continues to come alive! The Holy Spirit reveals deeper meanings of scripture to believers.

The Hebrew scolars agree that scripture is more than one dimensional.

I realize fully that some of the Jewish people living at the time of Christ's birth recognized Him, as well as have many since that time.

I was speaking of the nation as a whole, which Romans tells us have been blinded until the fullness of the Gentiles is come in.

The passage seems to prophecy the nation of Israel receiving their Messiah at the end of this age to me.

I will get some more study into this and get back with what I find, if anything.

Thanks for your thoughts.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Hi WordSower.

I absolutely agree that the word of G-d is living...and as you pointed out is more than one dimensional and the Holy Spirit continues to speak to Believers through Holy Writ in all sorts of ways...sometimes it is extremely personal and has nothing to do necessarily with the given form of text. :whistling:

I understand many of the Jewish scholars methods of exergesis from the p'shat to the sod ...from 4 main ways of interpretation to over a dozen...from numerical equivalents to completely turning the text upside down and inside out in an effort to shake any further hidden gems that can further demonstrate the depth and subtlety of the heart of G-d.

I realise too that we will all see different things apart from the obvious and the scholarly import of the received text and that as we study His word and join everything together precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little...the Holy Ghost will reveal many things to us.

Basically if you don't hide and treasure the word of G-d in your heart then much of the import of the whole will be lost and you will have a disjointed overview of how and why G-d moves the way He does...In reality His ways will be the ways of an acquaintance and a foreigner 'strange and distant'...rather than a friend and a Saviour 'close and intimate'. After all the thing that gives us all such a buzz is when we clearly see in Scripture the Holy Ghost revealing truth to our heart....and the thing that gives the L-rd such a buzz is when he sees His children feeding from His word and actually doing what is written there.

2Timothy Study earnestly to present yourself approved to God, a workman that does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

The word of G-d can reveal truth at many levels...but it cannot be made to say what we want it to say...I am keenly looking forward to how you develop what you have mentioned so far...and although I can see 'hints and possibilities' I have yet to get a clear handle on a prophetic picture of Israel returning as a nation....pray continue dear Saint. :thumbsup: