alphaparticle

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Labeling this area "Apologetics", and then getting offended when someone attacks a belief is very petty.

Labeling this area "Apologetics", and then getting offended when someone attacks a belief is very petty.

When One Is Offended By The Terms Of Service AND By The LORD Jesus

And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me. Matthew 11:6

It's So Hard To Remain Teachable

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalms 42:1

Isn't It

And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned. Isaiah 29:11-12

~

Petty

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. Psalms 14:1

But Serious

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3

For Beloved, You Are Starving

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. Luke 4:4

To Death

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

Love, Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Please take time to read to Terms of Service so there will no question when moderation comes into play.  This site is a ministry and we do expect everyone to follow them.  The Terms of Services are not negotiable. 

Please take time to read to Terms of Service so there will no question when moderation comes into play.  This site is a ministry and we do expect everyone to follow them.  The Terms of Services are not negotiable. 

Is it against the ToS to debate a belief and call out a logical fallacy in it? and can you be more specific if you think someone is breaking a rule? It's not helpful to be indirect if you do think someone is breaking a rule.

Also, from your post on the thread I made about "Argument from Ignorance", you don't seem to know what argument from ignorance is. Do you know what it is, and why do you feel it's so insulting?

If you don't know what it is (which your post seems to imply), maybe you should do some research before you assume someone is being unkind. http://www.logicalfallacies.info/presumption/arguing-from-ignorance/

Edited by K_P

Guest shiloh357

Is it against the ToS to debate a belief and call out a logical fallacy in it? and can you be more specific if you think someone is breaking a rule? It's not helpful to be indirect if you do think someone is breaking a rule.

Also, from your post on the thread I made about "Argument from Ignorance", you don't seem to know what argument from ignorance is. Do you know what it is, and why do you feel it's so insulting?

If you don't know what it is (which your post seems to imply), maybe you should do some research before you assume someone is being unkind. http://www.logicalfallacies.info/presumption/arguing-from-ignorance/

IT is also a violation of the TOS to challenge a moderater in public.  If you have a problem with a moderator decision, take to them in private.

IT is also a violation of the TOS to challenge a moderater in public.  If you have a problem with a moderator decision, take to them in private.

Just as someone has already said, I have not seen a PM function on here for me. Seems like moderators are allowed to make decisions and publicly call people out without 1.) being specific and forthcoming, and 2.) doing at least a respectable amount of research on what the issue actually is, and not have to worry about being called out about it themselves. Doesn't sound very fair to me.

Guest shiloh357

Unbelievers don't have access to private messages, we have to take it public.... 

Per the TOS:   If you have a problem with any of the Moderators or Chat admin, please keep it private. The moderation team serves this ministry on a voluntary basis. They are human beings and make mistakes. If you disagree with one of their decisions, make use of the PM system or email or the Repost Post button to get satisfaction. (Matt. 18:15)

To email a Board Servant, use moderator@worthychristianforums.com

To email a Chat Servant, use worthychat@gmail.com

Edited by shiloh357
To include emails for contacting moderators/admins

Unbelievers don't have access to private messages, we have to take it public.... 

Per the TOS:   If you have a problem with any of the Moderators or Chat admin, please keep it private. The moderation team serves this ministry on a voluntary basis. They are human beings and make mistakes. If you disagree with one of their decisions, make use of the PM system or email or the Repost Post button to get satisfaction. (Matt. 18:15)

You're right, email is probably the way to go. Thanks for pointing that out.

Guest shiloh357

Just as someone has already said, I have not seen a PM function on here for me. Seems like moderators are allowed to make decisions and publicly call people out without 1.) being specific and forthcoming, and 2.) doing at least a respectable amount of research on what the issue actually is, and not have to worry about being called out about it themselves. Doesn't sound very fair to me.

The moderators here are more than fair.  There are other boards where you would have been kicked off permenently.

The moderators here are more than fair.  There are other boards where you would have been kicked off permenently.

For what would I have been permanently kicked off?  The only place I can see where I may have even slightly broken a rule was asking OneLight if he actually understands what "argument from ignorance" is and asking him why he finds it insulting. That was me trying to figure out why it was a problem so I can work around it in the future. Is that it?