Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Well.....I'm as OSAS as you come. However, I do believe that real faith does produce works that glorify God. Things that people see and things that aren't seen even by the people who do the work. Its a natural reaction to a unspeakable gift.

P.S. to all of the good folks who I part ways with on OSAS. Peace!! Man!!! I'm not grinding an axe over it. (Dime and Horizoneast and whoever else)

God Bless

Dan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greetings dqolvach,

I pray you the blessings of the Bright and Morning Star :laugh:

[You said]

P.S. to all of the good folks who I part ways with on OSAS. Peace!! Man!!! I'm not grinding an axe over it. (Dime and Horizoneast and whoever else)

God Bless

Dan

[My testimony]

Because of your aforementioned statement, Peradventure (Perhaps; perchance) you and I might without animosity (Bitter hostility or open enmity) dialog on this subject. It is not my intention to alter your belief system (only you can renew your mind), but you have testified that you are as OSAS as they come.

Upon that testimony I would surmise that you are secure in your beliefs, and therefore unthreatened by someone

Edited by Repent1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Cont.... :noidea:

[iI Timothy 2:11-13]

11 It is a faithful saying: For if (on the condition or stipulation that) we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:

12 If (on the condition or stipulation that) we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if (on the condition or stipulation that) we deny him, he also will deny us:

13 If (on the condition or stipulation that) we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

[John 10:37-38]

If (on the condition or stipulation that) I do not the works (actions/deeds/activities) of my Father, believe me not.

But if (on the condition or stipulation that) I do, though ye believe (accept as true) not me, believe (accept as true) the works: that ye may know, and believe (accept as true), that the Father is in me, and I in him.

[James 4:8]

Draw (move) nigh (near) to God, and he will draw (move) nigh (near) to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. (a required response)

[i John 2:3-11]

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if (on the condition or stipulation that) we keep his commandments (orders/instructions).

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments (orders/instructions), is a liar, and the truth (Christ) is not in him.

5 but whoso keepeth (obey) his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk (operate), even as he walked (operated).

7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness (ignorance) is past, and the true light (truth) now shineth (Immediately apparent).

9 He that saith he is in the light (truth), and hateth his brother, is in darkness (ignorance) even until now.

10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light (truth), and there is none occasion of stumbling (falling into evil ways) in him.

11 but he that hateth his brother is in darkness (ignorance), and walketh (operates) in darkness (ignorance), and knoweth not whither (To whatever place, result, or condition) he goeth, because that darkness (ignorance) hath blinded his (spiritual) eyes.

[Matthews 6:14-15]

14 for if (on the condition, or stipulation that) ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15 but if (on the condition, or stipulation that) ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

[Matthews 9:21]

For she said within herself, If (on the condition, or stipulation that) I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.

[John 11:40]

Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if (on the condition, or stipulation that) thou wouldest believe (accept as true), thou shouldest see the glory of God?

[Matthews 27:41-43]

41 Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders, said,

42 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If (on the condition, or stipulation that) he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.

43 He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if (on the condition or stipulation that) he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.

[John 8:24]

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if (on the condition or stipulation that) ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

[John 10:37-38]

37 If (on the condition or stipulation that) I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38 but if (on the condition or stipulation that) I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

[Romans 10:9-10]

9 That if (on the condition or stipulation that) thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth (accept as true) unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation (deliverance).

[My testimony]

My point being that the promises of God are established on conditions and have required responses. We must repent, we must be baptized, we must confess with our mouth, we must obey, we must believe (accept as true) in our heart.

When I hear eternal security, I reminded of these epistles

Edited by Repent1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Sorry to interrupt guys,

At the risk of sounding stupid here, i'm assuming that OSAS means, Once Saved Always Saved?

Am I correct?

Feeling rather silly

Your Sister in Christ Jesus

Anne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, you are correct Anne, and there will be many such discussions on this topic. I'm sure up until the Day of the Lord.

OSAS does mean Once Saved Always Saved, but, either way, a person MUST be in a right relationship with the Lord, that is what it will always hinge on. Are we following the Lord, and believing His Word.....period.

In His Love,

Suzanne