IGNORED

"And the earth gave forth" God made us by way of evolution.

fromeasttowest

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Good day fromeasttowest,

1) evolutions:

I am glad to read that you don't want to have this accepted as holy revelation. You keep telling us your opinion and you're invited by us to do.

You offer a one size fits all translation for every single process (step?) of creation.

"let earth bring forth" is evolution according to what you say and up to this point I could still understand you. When the Bible says "make", however, it is evolution, too, according to what you say. And - big surprise - to form, in your interpretation, also means evolution. 

So I'd rather stay with my opinion.

2) Satan=angel: proven or not proven?

You actually did offer the same verse already in a preceeding post of yours. However, it does not say that Satan is an angel, neither in NIV nor in ESV. It is just that NIV *translates* "angel", there's a big difference. According to my reading of King James version with Strongs dictionary, it says "ben" (ben elohiym) in Hebrew language which means son (son of God):

Now there was a day when the sons* of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. Job 1:6 * "ben", original word added by me

I personally doubt that a free translation of the teerm "ben" provided by the NIV counts as proof.

BTW how did we reach that point? That was a long trajectory and I think we more or less lost the original topic by it, wouldn't you agree?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

We are on different levels here so thank you for the wonderful discussion. It has truly been my pleasure even though you didn't address the dilemma of Gen 2:4 but whatever:-)

Edited by fromeasttowest

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

That it says evening and morning indicates an actual day though. I believe that evolution is a good theory although it does not explain everything.

Edited by gray wolf

Actually, I opened up on this question fromeasttowest...

It's just that I personally like serveral threads better than one. I find smaller threads more useful for orientation..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

Thomas, I being categorized as an infidel prevents me from posting in the Inner Court, but I would like to offer a comment on Genesis 2 where it says "the day" that the Lord created heavens and earth.  From what I understand, the Hebrew word Yom is used here without an article in the original text (no The), so it would indicate that the writer mean to say "time" or "age".

Edited by gray wolf

Thomas, I being categorized as an infidel prevents me from posting in the Inner Court, but I would like to offer a comment on Genesis 2 where it says "the day" that the Lord created heavens and earth.  From what I understand, the Hebrew word Yom is used here without an article in the original text (no The), so it would indicate that the writer mean to say "time" or "age".

yeah, you told us already. Would you mind going look and finding us a source to back up your assertion? So that it could get clearer to everyone that the article in Gen 2,4 is missing in contrast to previous passages in which this word is used, as well?

And then we would be in need of someone who knows Hebrew language (there are some of them here on Worthy, but maybe you'll find a good source that does this job, too) to explain whether a missing article makes a big difference in the meaning of a Hebrew word or not.

What I won't do is to trust in the Roman Catholic Church as to know if this interpretation is true or not.

Thomas

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

bə·yō·wm,
בְּי֗וֹם
the day 6213 [e]

"beyowm" means "the day"   

This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day when God created man, He made him in the likeness of God. Gen5:1

but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die." Gen 2:17 

beyowm is used in both scriptures.  Obviously Adam didn't die the day he ate the apple.  And to me obviously God didn't create humans in one day. 

But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel, Do not fear for I have redeemed you;....Isaiah 43:1

Obviously Israel wasn't formed in one day.  We shouldn't think we were formed in one day either.  The seven day format of creation is great because it presents it all as happening in one week so we can model our week after it with the Sabbath  Our week is a microcosm of creation.  Anytime the Bible speaks of mysterious things it tends to dumb it down for us.  Like with Jesus and all the parables, or with the symbolism of water representing Gods grace and fire his judgment, or with the spiritual armor taught by Paul. The Bible is full of this stuff. And it's very helpful unless you think its literal.  

Anytime the Bible speaks of mysterious things

Good morning fromeasttowest,

so we can be lucky to have someone here telling us "look guys, this here is a mysterious thing, be careful with that"?

it tends to dumb it down for us.  Like with Jesus and all the parables,  

Jesus tending to dumb down things. I don't think that this is respectful towards God. God dumbing things down, a clear no to that!

The Bible is full of this stuff. And it's very helpful unless you think its literal.  

I think it's literal and still - it is helpful to me.

Thomas

Obviously Adam didn't die the day he ate the apple.

Hay, That's The Same Thing Satan Said

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: Genesis 3:4

You Guys Doing A Duet?

For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:21-22

~

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

And Be Blessed Beloved

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

Love, Joe

.... I being categorized as an infidel....

???

What~! You Don't Feed Your Kids? :)

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. 1 Timothy 5:8

~

.... I would like to offer a comment on Genesis 2 where it says "the day" that the Lord created heavens and earth.  From what I understand, the Hebrew word Yom is used here without an article in the original text (no The), so it would indicate that the writer mean to say "time" or "age".

~

It Always Seems Strange To Me Why A Few Great Men Of Science (And Fiction) And Their Fan Club

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. Genesis 1:5

Can Miss The Twenty-Four Hour Rotation And Substitute Millions And Millions Of Years

And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. Genesis 1:8

It Must Be Because It Was God Himself Who Timed Stamped

And the evening and the morning were the third day. Genesis 1:13

His Own Creation

And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. Genesis 1:19

Journal

And the evening and the morning were the fifth day. Genesis 1:23

Huh?

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 1:31