IGNORED

The Problem of Suffering/Evil: a Biblical Approach.

gray wolf

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

Do you believe that the existence of pathogens and other biological troublemakers like the screw fly and tapeworm are the result of the Fall?

I realize there is a difference between evil and calamity. There is nothing inherently evil about calamity. I have been many times told that all these natural adversities are the result of the Curse. I don't really buy that line of thinking, but I may be wrong.

I absolutely agree that one of our primary missions on earth is to fight evil and alleviate suffering. if we don't, the world would be a much worse place than it is.

I realize there is a difference between evil and calamity.

There is nothing inherently evil about calamity. I have been many times told that all these natural adversities are the result of the Curse. I don't really buy that line of thinking, but I may be wrong.

I absolutely agree that one of our primary missions on earth is to fight evil and alleviate suffering. if we don't, the world would be a much worse place than it is.

~

Our Primary

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. Matthew 24:14

Mission

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15

Will

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying. Isaiah 65:17-19

Bring

There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed. And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. Isaiah 65:20-22

True

They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them. And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear. Isaiah 65:23-24

Peace

The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD. Isaiah 65:25

That goes without saying ;)

That goes without saying ;)

~

Say It

For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 1 Corinthians 15:21

Anyway

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:22

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,163
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Do you believe that the existence of pathogens and other biological troublemakers like the screw fly and tapeworm are the result of the Fall?

It is for our sakes the curse upon this world so yes....

Once sin entered into man from his innocent state now turned to destructive state by inward focused directives leaving only death as the result...

Gen 2:17

17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.

NKJV

then God cursed what he had made for the sake of man...

Gen 3:17-19

"Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it

All the days of your life.18 Both thorns and thistles it shall bring

forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field.

19 In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread till you return

to the ground,

For out of it you were taken;

For dust you are,

And to dust you shall return."

NKJV

This was so those who would see would look... for all that is here is to testify that there is

a better place and can be arrived at only by implementation of His Word into a faith based

substance of hope that will cause us to rely upon That Word alone and let go of all else that we

have began in... satan who perverts truth to lie is able to deceive even the elect if God allowed

Mark 13:22-23

22 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show

signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 

23 But take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand.

NKJV

You see it 'IS' His Word that leads us and guides us in the way of truth... so we don't look for these

things or chase after them for we know the Lord will come for us in His Good time! Mean while we

live here without worry of tomorrow (or at least should be able to) for all of what we are is now

bound up with Jesus and The Holy Spirit of keeping!

So when we suffer we know it will be for our good and our hope is not a focus of here and now but

there and then and we live for His glory so we do not come empty handed into our Lord's Presence...

Suffering with no hope is pain that remains forever in a place where only you and the pain bonds as

unwanted parts fused in a marriage of death called hades now- later the lake of fire... Love, Steven

In the mean time, we must work to alleviate the suffering as our duty. For with the curse, God has given us intelligence to overcome some of it.

In the mean time, we must work to alleviate the suffering as our duty. For with the curse, God has given us intelligence to overcome some of it.

In the examination of things it is apparent we take 1 step forward and three back... We are existing in infinite yet we maintain

a finite perspective cause that just the way things are done down here (?) We sacrifice that which is around us in order to do

that which you speak of.... so as long as I don't suffer what comes after is of little consequence! Granted it would be neurotic

to invite suffering as a desired thing but to accept it as necessary to the fulfillment of His Word 

1 John 4:17-19

17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are

we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears

has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love Him because He first loved us.

NKJV

John 16:32-33

33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good

cheer, I have overcome the world."

NKJV

The real light is that we live in the permanent and not the temporary for God does not wish us to set our hearts upon it 

1 John 2:15-17

15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world — the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life — is not of the

Father but is of the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God

abides forever.

NKJV

loving not even our own bodies that desperately searches escape from suffering as all may come against like Job

but God will come to us when that which He is not keeping is burnt away and that which He has begun in us stands

apart from the consideration of temporal suffering... Love, Steven

well, I'm not sure where you're headed with the thread, but my first thoughts would be that suffering in general is an object lesson to the universe on the effects of letting Satan and his ways exist.  that's the overall gist of the entirety of the Bible to me concerning suffering.

I think so too OO :) and left us here to know it well :thumbsup:

Blessings Everyone!

Of course how much better is it for one to learn than to have personal experience...and for each Gods purpose according to his calling.When I was diagnosed just 3yrs ago with stage 4,incurable colorectal cancer I knew immediately that the devil (once again)wanted to kill me but I also knew that God would not allow it,I had an immediate peace come over me as the doctors tried to gently tell me the bad news(I actually finished the sentence for them).....the Lord put a knowing(best I could describe it)in my spirit that He would use me to give Him glory as His living testimony......to make a long story short,He did just that..

Now,in all of this there was much pain & suffering But I held on to the fact that God gave me this honor,He trusted me to praise Him through it & encourage others(by no power of my own)God did not give me cancer but He allowed it to turn it to good.....though I am cured of the cancer there remains alot of pain and suffering from post radiation symptoms.....I have many of my brethren that insist(like Job)I must be blocking Gods complete healing....no way!

I believe,and I am not claiming that this state is permanent,but for now it is the thorn in my side.....a reminder of what God has done.......I know that His Grace is sufficient,I know that just like Paul-the Lord says"no"......for Christs sake,it is nothing...I look at what He went through on that cross in my place(my suffering becomes irrelevant)...it keeps me from forgetting the miracle God Has blessed me with,it keeps me from forgetting to give Him the Glory,it keeps me grateful that He spared my life

that is my take on suffering......I hope it helps someone to be grateful for what they do NOT have......Life is but a  moment,anything we go through is but a blink of the eye compared to eternity....Praise Jesus!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

It is a beautiful witness of life in Him... thank you for the increase within :) Love, Steven