• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  226
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1945

Someone mentioned:

God cannot remember sin that he has forgiven.

That is a comforting beautiful thought.

I wish more of us humans had that wonderful limitation.

I can and have forgiven, I can and do rely on God's forgivness for myself.

Sadness at loss, awarness of past events remains.

I trust in eternity these wounds to will be forgotten.

Thanking the Saviour

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  881
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Why can

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hmmm....someone said that God cannot both create the universe and not create it--well, as far as human knowledge goes, that it true. But who is to say God is restricted by our knowledge? Who knows what is truly possible outside of time? I believe that God can do ANYTHING!!! The cool thing is, He chooses NOT to--He placed restrictions on Himself! God cannot sin? True, but not because He is not able, because He CHOOSES not to!! He defined sin, then said "I won't do this" and commanded us not to as well.

Too cool, huh? Imagine a being who can do ANYTHING and chooses not to for YOU

KrosChild

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  105

Hmmm....someone said that God cannot both create the universe and not create it--well, as far as human knowledge goes, that it true.  But who is to say God is restricted by our knowledge?  Who knows what is truly possible outside of time?  I believe that God can do ANYTHING!!!  The cool thing is, He chooses NOT to--He placed restrictions on Himself!  God cannot sin?  True, but not because He is not able, because He CHOOSES not to!! He defined sin, then said "I won't do this" and commanded us not to as well. 

Too cool, huh?  Imagine a being who can do ANYTHING and chooses not to for YOU 

KrosChild 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greetings kroschild,

God's blessings upon your house :(

I would respecfully disagree with your statement, God is perfect and without sin, and could not sin if he wanted too, just as Christ was without sin, If he had had any sin in him (In deed or thought), he could not have become our propitation.

If God sinned that sin would immediately become Righteousness, our perfect God does only that which is Righteous and Holy, otherwise he would cease to be the perfect God.

[Leviticus 11:44-45]

44 For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

45 For I am the LORD that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.

[i Peter 2:21-25]

21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were (spiritually) healed.

25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

[Romans 6:23] For the wages of sin is death

If God sinned he would have to, according to his own law, destroy himself. (where would that leave us? :( )

Walking with you in the spirit of peace and love,

your brethren in Christ,

Repent1... :)

Hmm...First, I AM a Christian, although I know many people will believe what I am saying to be a little too harsh for that to be true. I believe in asking hard questions and so far, none have caused me to lose my faith.

Here's the thing:

Who defines what good is? God

Who decides what Sin is? God

What is Sin? Disobeying God

So, God decides what is good, then declares all else bad. So, we have to assume that He is Good and is telling us the truth in all. So, what if He is NOT good; then all we believe to be good is actually bad. That's where faith comes in for us.

But for us to have that standard he chose, then he had to put restrictions on what is good and what is bad--HE chose to limit some things as "bad". Before chosing those restrictions, nothing was wrong. When he placed restrictions on us he placed them on himself too. He entered into a convenant with man; we have a side of it that we can hold him to. It would seem logical that he cannot disobey himself, and therefore cannot sin; given his triple nature though, it is technically possible--if he is able to be three, one could disobey. But Christ didn't disobey. He was obedient (implying that he DID have a choice of disobeying) even to death on a cross.

I must say that I love the way we can develop ideas on this site--I have been challenged to define my faith clearly in answering people's replies. Thank you for helping me grow!

Feel free to argue my argument here!

KrosChild

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

God cannot do the logically impossible i.e. create a rock He cannot lift.

Some say that GOD is not able to lie. But HE is able to create those who can lie.

Some say that GOD can not break a promise. But HE is able to scramble your understanding so that you missed the point of the promise. So I ask . What is the Point?

In CHRIST JESUS :emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug:

:emot-hug:

God cannot do the logically impossible i.e. create a rock He cannot lift.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You see this is where HE has scrambled your understanding. The stone that the builders rejected He can not lift because HE has set it on It's foundation for eternity.

In CHRIST JESUS :emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug:

:emot-hug:

I don't want anyone to think I am implying that He can lie--like I said, He placed the restrictions and will not go against them. My only question is: what if he originally had decided it was okay to lie? Then He would be able to! The thing itself is not what keeps him from being able to do it, but His previous decision that it would be wrong. That's all I meant by stating that He can do anything and has placed limits on Himself. I find it hard to believe that logic (although I dislike that word, since it is based on MAN'S logic) would allow us to believe in a superior being able to create the world and exist outside of time, who is unable to lie, if He so chose. God created us as creatures of free-will, like Himself. Therefore, it was His decision not to lie that makes it impossible for Him. Have you never met a person so committed to their marriage that adultery was literally an impossibility for them? As far as I can see, this is the same concept, just on a far greater level of committment.

KrosChild

Hi, may be i can give you just few things, i guess, that God cannot do.

1. He cannot lie

2. He cannot change His Word.

3. He can't tolerate sin.

4. He can't destroy a soul of His elect child through Christ and then still be a God.

how's that, friend? :cool: