bfloydo

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

to make it out of this fallen world and attain eternal life!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

If the only purpose in Life is to consume for oneself, does that Life really serve any purpose?

Your question assumes that the only purpose in life is to consume for ones own self so I shall answer in that respect for the purpose of illuminating the truth about such a purpose.  The Serpent said You Can Become Gods.  The life of consuming for self is the life lived as if what the Serpent said is true.  The purpose of that life then is to be your own God and deny God his rightful place in your life.  Yes, that life has a purpose, one with a tragic ending.

Solomon said it best.  The purpose of life is to obey God and do his will.  But please understand that that entails consuming all that God would have one to consume.  Solomon also taught about this earlier in his book on preaching.   :)

A question assumes nothing, its purpose was for self-reflection.  I agree obey God and do his will..... I said the same thing as you, only in a different way... I can get a dog to obey me but, it does not mean the dog loves me.  If one loves God with all their heart, mind and soul then they obey out of Love not Fear. BTW, I believe Jesus a better Teacher than Solomon, so my humble opinion is; Jesus said it best in his 2 commands.  I see you are from In. that's where I came to know God for the 1st time, Evansville... and then my one and only testimony was in Goshen, In. ... lots of fine folks there, thanks for your comments. Peace :mgcheerful:

Maybe using the word assume threw you off.  Sorry for any confusion.  Your question was conditional based upon an if statement that preceded the question that gave information concerning the conditions set for the question which is why I used the word assume.  I said what I said to reaffirm your post through my own paraphrased angle.  :)  Yup, I'm still in Indiana and loving it here. Peace to you.