WN: UN envoy: Status of Jerusalem must be resolved - Jerusalem Post

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,313
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

There is "no real prospect for peace" between Israelis and Palestinians unless the status of Jerusalem is resolved, the top UN envoy to the peace process said on Wednesday.

View the full article

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

What status of Jerusalem? We don't ask anyone to resolve the status of New York or the status of Paris. It's quite clear what their statuses are.

We don't ask anybody to resolve the status of Istanbul (which is really Constantinople), but if any city needs to resolve its status then Istanbul should, as it was stolen from the Eastern Orthodox Byzantines by the Muslims in 1453.

We don't ask to resolve the status of Medina (which was built by the Jews and called Yathrib), but should we be? After all, Medina was stolen by the Muslims from the Jews.

The U.N. and the rest of the international community should be discussing Medina, Istanbul, Tehran, Baghdad and also discussing Dearborn, Michigan. We deserve to know their statuses. We deserve to know who they belong to.

There is no reason to discuss the status of Jerusalem because it is a Jewish city. It belongs to Israel and it is the capital of Israel. It was given to the Jews by God. There is no other serious claim to it. Muslims only believe that it is their's because the prophet Mohammed once had a dream that he flew there during the night. I once dreamt that I went to Tokyo. It does not give me any right to own it.

Jerusalem belongs to God's chosen people. There is nothing else to discuss!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

What status of Jerusalem? We don't ask anyone to resolve the status of New York or the status of Paris. It's quite clear what their statuses are.

We don't ask anybody to resolve the status of Istanbul (which is really Constantinople), but if any city needs to resolve its status then Istanbul should, as it was stolen from the Eastern Orthodox Byzantines by the Muslims in 1453.

We don't ask to resolve the status of Medina (which was built by the Jews and called Yathrib), but should we be? After all, Medina was stolen by the Muslims from the Jews.

The U.N. and the rest of the international community should be discussing Medina, Istanbul, Tehran, Baghdad and also discussing Dearborn, Michigan. We deserve to know their statuses. We deserve to know who they belong to.

There is no reason to discuss the status of Jerusalem because it is a Jewish city. It belongs to Israel and it is the capital of Israel. It was given to the Jews by God. There is no other serious claim to it. Muslims only believe that it is there's because the prophet Mohammed once had a dream that he flew there during the night. I once dreamt that I went to Tokyo. It does not give me any right to own it.

Jerusalem belongs to God's chosen people. There is nothing else to discuss!

I could not agree more willow, well said. Amen!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Jerusalem will remain the undivided capital of Israel.   Agreed there is nothing else to discuss.