IGNORED

Examine your faith

Guest Orthodox Christian

Guest Orthodox Christian

Hello, dear brothers and sisters! Since there are Christians from different congregations and branches, I decided to take a little survey. Please, answer the following questions. I would appreciate if you could give me a definition and an explanation of it, preferably both backed by Bible verses (if you can't, that's all right).

1. Please, state your congregation/church name.

2. What is grace?

Where does it come from? What is it for? What does it do? Can you feel it?

3. What is soul?

Its essence? Its compounds? Where is it? Is it eternal by itself?

4. What is to be holy?

How can you describe such state? How is it different from normal state? How do you reach it? What is it for?

5. What is free will?

Do we always have it? Who doesn't have it?

6. What is faith?

Why do you believe? What makes you believe? Where faith comes from?

7. What is sin?

What does it do? Why do we sin?

8. What is salvation?

How do we get it?

9. What is hell? What is Heaven?

Who gets where?

10. Who is Christ?

Why did He come? Why did He do what He did? Why did He come in that fashion and at that time?

11. What is the TRUTH?

Where is it? How can you get to it?

12. Why do you pray and go to church?

I know, these are huge questions, but write what you personally think. But please, don't try to argue with others about this or that question, this is just a survey, please! :):)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

1. Please, state your congregation/church name. I am a Christian, a member of the body of Christ.

2. What is grace?

Where does it come from? What is it for? What does it do? Can you feel it? Grace is the gift of God which is given to us as sinners to believe in Christ. It covers not just each individual, but the sending of Jesus christ to live a sinless life and die and be raised from the dead by God the Father so He would be our perfect sacrifice so we could come to God when called.

3. What is soul?

Its essence? Its compounds? Where is it? Is it eternal by itself? The soul is the emotional aspect of our being. It will die along with the flesh.

4. What is to be holy?

How can you describe such state? How is it different from normal state? How do you reach it? What is it for? We are holy because God has made us positionally holy. We are also to live holy lives by the power of God's spirit within us.

5. What is free will?

Do we always have it? Who doesn't have it? It's a flase doctrine created by man to deny the soveriegnty of God. It isn't scriptural (when related to our ability to come to God without Him calling us and that we make choices without cause). We don't have it and never had it.

6. What is faith?

Why do you believe? What makes you believe? Where faith comes from? Faith is what God has given us to believe on Him. It is a gift which we have the ability to strengthen, once it is given to us, through prayer, fellowship and the reading of God's word.

7. What is sin?

What does it do? Why do we sin? Missing the mark, falling short of the goal.

8. What is salvation?

How do we get it? It is God's gift to us. When God calls us, we have the opportunity to receive it from Him.

Who gets where? Hell is the unseen, the imperceptible. It the translation of the Greek word "hades". It is more accurately translated "grave", for it is where we go when we die. It isn't a mythical world of departed souls where they experience sensations. It is also translated from the Greek words Tartaroo and Geena.

10. Who is Christ?

Why did He come? Why did He do what He did? Why did He come in that fashion and at that time?He is the Son of God, our Savior. He came to continue God's plan of bringing all to salvation. He did what He did because that is why He came, that was His purpose. He came at that time and in that fashion because it was God's plan, plain and simple.

11. What is the TRUTH?

Where is it? How can you get to it? God is truth. Jesus is truth. We receive it from God. We can't "get" to it, it comes to us.

12. Why do you pray and go to church? I pray because it is how I communicate with my Father God. I am the church, I don't "go to church."

May God's grace, power and peace be with you,

Ron

Guest hubertdorm

I attend Calvary Chapel of ABQ and Montgomery Church of Christ. I am a Christian

2. What is grace?

Grace is the strength of a Christian. It is the God-given desire to do His will.

3. What is soul?

Other than music, I am not sure.

4. What is to be holy?

To be different. God is Holy. We are called to be Holy.

5. What is free will?

A gift of love. God doesn't want robots, he wants people to have faith in him and to worship him alone. The fact of condemnation awaiting countless millions is proof that we have one. Though, our will is never free. It comes at great cost.

6. What is faith?

Faith is both a mental acknowledgement+ heartfelt conviction as well as what we do. It is a gift from God.

7. What is sin?

Lawlessness. Disobedience to God.

8. What is salvation?

Salvation is deliverance from the power and bondage of sin. Salvation is the adoption by God into his church, the indwelling of the Spirit, and lastly, deliverance from the condemnation of unbelievers. It comes through Jesus the Christ only, through faith only, through repentance only.

Still learning about hell, hades, abraham's bosom, paradise, heaven. Heaven though can refer to the sky, the starry universe, or the city of God aka the New Jerusalem.

10. Who is Christ?

Jesus of Nazareth. He came to suffer the shame of the Cross in our stead.

11. What is the TRUTH?

The Son of God. The Revelation of God.

Prayer aligns my will with God. Prayer is the power of the church, and it is where all battle is won. It is essential to my walk with God, my lifeline. The fellowship of believers offers edification, opportunity to serve and to learn about God. I meet with other Christians to love those in Christ Jesus.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Body Of Christ.

2. What is grace?

Grace if forgiveness and ones ability to forgive.

3. What is soul?

I am soul and I am eternal. My body is not soul it is just a vehicle a temporary one.

4. What is to be holy?

How can you describe such state? How is it different from normal state? How do you reach it? What is it for?

God is Holy, Holy is another word for Perfect. We are not Holy because we are not perfect. We cannot reach it. But we will be made acceptable to God in Eternity.

5. What is free will?

Free will is the ability to have control of ones thoughts and beliefs All normal functioning people have free will. People with mental problems may have impaired free will

6. What is faith?

Faith is believing the truth. Our faith is believing that Jesus is the Messiah and that believing in Him is salvation.

I believe because i read the Bible and it convicted me of it's truth. As the Word says:

Romans 10:17

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

7. What is sin?

Sin is an act of rebellion against the will of God. Or resisting Gods Word. We sin because we have knowledge of Good and evil.

8. What is salvation?

How do we get it?

Salvation is Gods waving of judgement against us. We do not deserve to be saved from eternal damnation. Through belief in Jesus we shall be spared from damnation, saved from damnation.

Who gets where?

Hell is a place where the souls of those who will not have eternity with God are placed untill they are cast into the lake of fire.

Heaven is Gods throne.

10. Who is Christ?

Why did He come? Why did He do what He did? Why did He come in that fashion and at that time?

Jesus came to be a perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people who will believe in Him and accept His gift of salvation. He came in that fashion because God know He would be rejected by those He sent Him to. This released the WORD for the entire world to accept or reject. i have no idea why He came at that time. If you think about it He had to come at some stage in human history, i suppose God was good and ready at the time. :emot-crying:

11. What is the TRUTH?

The truth is with God One can get it if one ask Him for it.

Prayer i believe is for our benefit, we need it more that God. i pray for the desires of my heart. Also Prayer puts your mind in a state of focus on the things of God. i find that i am thinking about things God long after my prayer has finished.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Guest antitox

Non-denominational, was Church on the Rock, but looking for new church at this time.

2. What is grace?

Grace encompasses more than just unmerited favor. Grace is from God. It is the desire and power to do the will of God. It is also the ability to endure in many instances when we don't realize it.

3. What is soul?

The soul is the essence of "you," your personality. Traditionally, your mind, will, and emotions, and it will live forever part of your spirit.

4. What is to be holy?

Holy means to be "set apart." God wants us set apart for His purpose; after all, that's what we were created for. Being affected by other things that cause us to be less dedicated to Him causes one to be unholy. Holy isn't being perfect as we humans understand it. It is simply to be yielded to His ways so that we will function as He intended.

5. What is free will?

Man's ability to choose. It is always in operation. That's why Paul said that he had to die daily. Everyone has it.

6. What is faith?

Simplified, faith is trusting God. In every situation, that is what is required because we of ourselves must look to the Lord to act on ours and others behalf. We believ because the Holy Spirit enables us to, as God's word must be received as fact. Faith comes from God.

7. What is sin?

Sin is transgression of God's law (or standard of life). To live below that standard is less than the Spirit life that He demands from those He has created.

8. What is salvation?

How do we get it?

Salvation involves payment for our shortcomings, low nature, sin, etc. where we can be allowed to dwell with Him once again. Our souls are redeemed in payment and are spared from eternal fire.

Who gets where?

Hell is the place prepared for the devil and his angels until they are cast into the Lake of Fire. Heaven is the dwellingplace with God. Those who have not received Christ's payment for their sins will go to hell and the Lake of Fire. Those who have received Jesus will go to be with God.

10. Who is Christ?

Jesus is the Son of God. He set an example for us and gave his life as payment for our sin. He came showing what the Father was like. He healed, forgave, and redeemed. He came directly out of Israel (fulfilling prophecy) and gave the lost sheep of Israel a first opportunity to receive him. He came in the fashion that he did showing his humility, love, compassion, and understanding, whereas no leader had done that. Jesus showed the goodness of the Father as well as the gravity of His word.

11. What is the TRUTH?

Truth is what God says, promised and what God has done. That's why we are to be witnesses. We are to be an evidence of His work.

2. Why do you pray and go to church?

Prayer is communication with God and fellowship with Him. Fellowship with believers and corporate worship is part of Jesus's body coming together as one in union with him.

Edited by antitox

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/06/1976

Grew up in the Church of Christ. Currently attend a Nazarene church, but I describe myself as an evangelical Christian.

2. What is grace?

Grace is God giving you something that you do not deserve. I don't think it can be felt, per se, but it is a promise of God as a result of our faith. Through grace, we receive eternal life, spiritual gifts, a place in heaven, etc.

3. What is soul?

I believe that our sould is the immortal part of us that lives on after out physical body dies. God has control over where that sould will go after death (i.e. heaven or hell), and we will be conscious of it.

4. What is to be holy?

To be holy is to be absolutely perfect, as God is (and as He describes Himself). God has made us to be holy, but it can only come through the saving grace of God - man could never earn holiness.

5. What is free will?

Free will means we have the option of whether to follow God's will or not, both on a large or small scale. I believe that all humans have free will.

6. What is faith?

Faith is being sure of something with a lack of indisputable evidence. We believe because we have enough evidence to believe, but we do not have 100% positive proof about it.

7. What is sin?

Sin is any transgression against God's law. It causes us to be in violation of God's law and subject to His judgment. I believe that we sin because it is in our nature as fallen human beings to sin.

8. What is salvation?

How do we get it?

Salvation comes through faith in Jesus as the Son of God, and faith in His death, resurrection and saving power.

Who gets where?

I think heaven is where the people that accept God through faith will spend eternity. It will be in the prescence of God and will be an incredibly great experience. Hell will be both separation from God and judgment from God. It will be an extremely painful place.

10. Who is Christ?

Jesus Christ is who He said He is: the Son of God, and one in essence with the Father. He did what He did for two main reasons: because of His love for us, and because of His obedience to the Father, who wanted to provide for the salvation of mankind.

11. What is the TRUTH?

Truth... books could be written on this! But truth is what God says it is! :)

I pray and go to church (and read my Bible, and fellowship with other Christians, etc.) because God has told me to do so. It is what I am expected to do as a Christian.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

1. Please, state your congregation/church name. Independent Baptist

2. What is grace?

Grace is "undeserved kindness" and we get it from God, and since we are saved by grace through faith, heaven will be our eternal home, and that is what grace is for and does. As far as feeling it, I only felt the peace, the forgivness of God when I asked Him to save me, I felt a great burden get lifted off my shoulders, and I felt and do feel appreciative of His grace toward me.

3. What is soul?

Its essence? Its compounds? Where is it? Is it eternal by itself

The soul is the incasing of our physical bodys, it is the real person that lives inside the physical body, and it is eternal.

4. What is it to be holy?

How can you describe such state? How is it different from normal state? How do

you reach it? What is it for? It is different from the normal state, because the Holy Spirit lives in a born again believer, and the Holy Spirit makes us holy, and we have a desire for the things of God. You reach it by repenting of your sins and asking Jesus Christ to forgive you and ask Him to come into your heart, and He will, He will give you His Holy Spirit, and in order to get more of the Holy Spirit, a person has to be submissive to the Lord. Without holiness, no one shall see the Lord.

5. What is free will?

Do we always have it? Who doesn't have it? It is a choice that God gave each and every human being to either obey and live for Him, or to live for self. God won't push Himself on us. I believe everyone has it.

6. What is faith? Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Why do you believe? All I can say about that is, I never had any trouble believing in God, and I never had any trouble believing the gospel. What makes you believe? I asked God to increase my faith and He has. Where faith comes from? Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

7. What is sin? Sin is a transgression of God's law, it is doing something that God said not to do. What does it do? Seperates us from God, when sin is finished, it brings forth death. Why do we sin? Adam and Eve commited the first sin, and we inherited that sin nature.

8. What is salvation? Deliverance from almost any kind of evil, whether material or spiritual. It is a process by which we are delivered from all that interferes with the enjoyment of God's highest blessings.

How do we get it? As far as getting salvation from hell, a person gets it by realizing he or she is a sinner before God and realizes that he or she is in danger of hell fire, and then is willing to repent and ask Jesus to forgive them and asking Jesus to come into his or her life.

9. What is hell? It is a place deep inside the earth where all people go who died without knowing Jesus. It is a caverin full of fire, a place of retribution, punishment for the unsaved dead. What is Heaven? It is God's kingdom

Who gets where? Unsaved Christ rejecters go to hell, and people who have repented of their sins and called on the Lord to save them go to heaven.

10. Who is Christ? Jesus, the Son of the Living God.

Why did He come? Because mankind needed a Saviour, and He was the only one qualified to save mankind. Why did he do what he did? Because he loved us very much, and wanted us to live with Him forever. Why did he come in that fashion and at that time? Jesus was God, and He had to come and live amongst us, and since we all start out as infants, so He came in the flesh as an infant. A person has to be 100% sin free in order to get into heaven, so Jesus came in the fashion that He did to show us how a person should live and act and think in order to get into the kingdom of God, and he came in that fashion as an example. He couldn't suffer pain and rejection and loneliness without having flesh, so again, He came in that fashion to experience those things.

11. What is the TRUTH? The first thing that came to mind was, correspondence of the known facts of existence with the sum total of God's universe.

Where is it? In the word of God. How can you get to it? Through Jesus Christ only.

12. Why do you pray and go to church? That is how I communicate and spend time with God, besides reading His holy word. I also go to church to worship Him out of appreciation for what He has done for me. I pray everyday, because I feel like I need to talk to my Lord, and I won't leave the house without talking to Him first.