Miz KJV Only

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Sunday 11/17/13 Guest Pastor Darren, Indianapolis- What Does Christ Mean? Luke 2:10-11,  II Samuel 9:1, Jeremiah 31:34, Hebrews 7:27

Christ is not Jesus’s last name but his title. It means the Anointed One. The Messiah, Jesus the Christ, the Anointed One is the Son of God. In the Old Testament there are three groups of anointed people. The prophets, the priests and the kings were the only people anointed. This is seen in Exodus 30:30 and in I Kings 19:16. The Messiah will be all things and this is written in Deut. 18:18 and in Zech. 6:13.  Jesus is the Prophet, the Priest and the King!

1)  I Can Hear God……because Jesus is my Prophet!    In the Old Testament, God only spoke to the people through the prophets.  Jeremiah 31:34 We shall all know the Lord and be able to hear God because He has forgiven us of our sins. He has taken away our sins. Jesus said  ”My sheep hear my voice”.

2)  I Can Talk to God……because Jesus is my Priest!  In the Old Testament, people had to go to the priest and he would talk to God for them. Now….we can talk to God ourselves anytime we want because Jesus is our High Priest. Hebr. 7:27 Jesus offered himself once and for all. Now we are forgiven for all our sins. He is our priest and doesn’t need to offer daily sacrifices for our sins.  One time only did Jesus pay the fine for ALL our sins. We are completely free and God does not hold any of our sins against us.

3)  I Can Live Victoriously – in Victory….because Jesus is my King!   We can go thru any problem and know Christ the King lives in us and we have the victory.  I can overcome anything!  I have Royal Blood in my veins! Hallelujah!  Thank God!  Satan (dogface) is a created thing and Jesus is the Creator! We have the Son of God living inside of us and ALL things are under His authority! God is with us and living in us!

II Samuel 9:1 David asked was there anyone left of Saul’s household that he could show kindness to for Jonathan’s sake. David had made a promise to Jonathan to take care of his kinfolk. David found Mephibosheth, a crippled man of Jonathan’s house. He was hiding in the city of Lodebar, thinking that the new King David wanted to kill him. In the Old Testament, it was the custom that new kings would always destroy any remaining relatives of the former kings. Instead, David brought Mephibosheth into his house, fed, clothed and took care of him from then on.

Christ the King, made a new covenant with God the Father for us. The anointed one made a new covenant on the cross for us. Heb. 9:15   Jesus is the mediator of the New Covenant, made with His Blood! There is now no condemnation for our past, present or future sins! Jesus wants us to come to him and receive him. This is so we can become a child of God! Hallelujah! Thank you Jesus!!

AMEN

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Miz KJV Only.

Sunday 11/17/13 Guest Pastor Darren, Indianapolis- What Does Christ Mean? Luke 2:10-11,  II Samuel 9:1, Jeremiah 31:34, Hebrews 7:27

Christ is not Jesus’s last name but his title. It means the Anointed One. The Messiah, Jesus the Christ, the Anointed One is the Son of God. In the Old Testament there are three groups of anointed people. The prophets, the priests and the kings were the only people anointed. This is seen in Exodus 30:30 and in I Kings 19:16. The Messiah will be all things and this is written in Deut. 18:18 and in Zech. 6:13.  Jesus is the Prophet, the Priest and the King!

1)  I Can Hear God……because Jesus is my Prophet!    In the Old Testament, God only spoke to the people through the prophets.  Jeremiah 31:34 We shall all know the Lord and be able to hear God because He has forgiven us of our sins. He has taken away our sins. Jesus said  ”My sheep hear my voice”.

2)  I Can Talk to God……because Jesus is my Priest!  In the Old Testament, people had to go to the priest and he would talk to God for them. Now….we can talk to God ourselves anytime we want because Jesus is our High Priest. Hebr. 7:27 Jesus offered himself once and for all. Now we are forgiven for all our sins. He is our priest and doesn’t need to offer daily sacrifices for our sins.  One time only did Jesus pay the fine for ALL our sins. We are completely free and God does not hold any of our sins against us.

3)  I Can Live Victoriously – in Victory….because Jesus is my King!   We can go thru any problem and know Christ the King lives in us and we have the victory.  I can overcome anything!  I have Royal Blood in my veins! Hallelujah!  Thank God!  Satan (dogface) is a created thing and Jesus is the Creator! We have the Son of God living inside of us and ALL things are under His authority! God is with us and living in us!

II Samuel 9:1 David asked was there anyone left of Saul’s household that he could show kindness to for Jonathan’s sake. David had made a promise to Jonathan to take care of his kinfolk. David found Mephibosheth, a crippled man of Jonathan’s house. He was hiding in the city of Lodebar, thinking that the new King David wanted to kill him. In the Old Testament, it was the custom that new kings would always destroy any remaining relatives of the former kings. Instead, David brought Mephibosheth into his house, fed, clothed and took care of him from then on.

Christ the King, made a new covenant with God the Father for us. The anointed one made a new covenant on the cross for us. Heb. 9:15   Jesus is the mediator of the New Covenant, made with His Blood! There is now no condemnation for our past, present or future sins! Jesus wants us to come to him and receive him. This is so we can become a child of God! Hallelujah! Thank you Jesus!!

AMEN

That's absolutely correct, but let's take it a step farther. The Hebrew equivalent of "Christ" (which comes from the Greek "Christos") is "Mashiach" that has been transliterated/Anglicized to "Messiah" (through the Greek). "Mashiach," too, is a title, and it, too, means "Anointed One." The word "mashach" from which the word "Mashiach" comes means "anointed; rubbed; painted." It was the word that was used for "anointing" or "rubbing" someone or "painting" someone with oil in the Torah (the Law of Moses).

In fact, Exodus 30:22-33 describes the special, holy, anointing oil that was used in the Tabernacle and the Temple.

However, it is important to understand that Yeshua` (Jesus) is NOT the only One who was "anointed."

First, Aharown (Aaron) and his sons were so anointed by Mosheh (Moses) on God's direction. (Exodus 28:41; 30:30; Leviticus 7:35-36; 8:12; Numbers 3:1-3)

Second, all the priests from Mount Sinai on were so anointed. (Exodus 40:13-15; Leviticus 7:36)

Third, Sha'uwl (Saul) was anointed to be king. (1 Samuel 9:27-10:1)

Fourth, Daveed (David) was anointed to be king. (1 Samuel 16:13)

Indeed, Daveed, when he took over the kingdom from Sha'uwl, he was anointed twice more as he actually became king, first of Y'hudah (Judah) and then over all Isra'el. (2 Samuel 2:3-4; 5:3)

Fifth, Shlomoh (Solomon) was anointed to be king. (1 Kings 1:38-39)

Sixth, each of the kings in David's line were so anointed as they took over the kingdom. (e.g., 2 Kings 9:12; 11:12)

Seventh, prophets were so anointed as well, such as Elishah. (1 Kings 19:16)

And, when one considers that one of the jobs of a king of Isra'el was to be its supreme court judge, judges, too, were anointed. (1 Kings 3:6-9, 16-28; 10:1-9)

Finally, about forty years before the end of the Temple, Yeshua` was anointed - not with oil by any man but with the Ruach haQodesh (the Holy Spirit) by God Himself.

So, it is important to understand that there were other messiahs - other christs: Aharown, Sha'uwl, Daveed, Shlomoh, and Elishah, to name a few, were ALL messiahs! They were ALL God's anointed ones! They were ALL God's christs!

What makes Yeshua` different is not that He was the Messiah but that He was the FINAL, ETERNAL Messiah prophesied to come!

And, not to put too fine a point on it, it's not that He was the Son of God that singled Him out, either! There were also other sons of God! (I won't get into that tonight, but I will address it, if someone would like proof.)