• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/24/1957

Whenever I hear this song, It reminds of these 2 things....

In my minds eye, I see this..

A humble sparcely decorated home, i quietly come up to the porch and peek into the window as the snow softly falls,because i'm drawn by the warm

glow of the light in the windows....as i peer in, i see

and can feel the love that envelop's this humble little home....A small little Christmas tree stands in the corner with but a few gift's under this Small Little tree,I see and can smell the humble meal that graces the table.....I'm struck with awe as i peer at the faces of this little family,their faces aglow in the light of the fireplace...but i soon come to realize it's not the glow of the fireplace that illuminates their faces, it's the love and joy on their faces thats causing that beautiful glow as they take each others hands and bow their heads

to give Thank's for the true gift....JESUS CHRIST.

Then my mind drifts back to a conversation i had with a dear friend decades ago.....

It was the Christmas before she and her husband married.

It had come to her attention that because her parents had just bought a townhouse,so with closing cost's and the new morgage payment,there was no money left for Christmas presents,So my friend thought about this...trying to find a a way to get Christmas presents for her siblings.....anyway her hubby to be had come over to her house and handed her a Christmas Card,inside this card(which she still has to this day,which is what sparked this conversation in the first place)inside the card was a piece of notebook paper,inside that was a $50.00 bill....

she told him what was happening and asked him if he would mind if she spent his generous gift on her siblings...He told her it was her's to do with as she wished,so the next day they spent hours at the mall trying to find 2 gifts a piece for her family,finally tired and hungry their mission was complete, they went to her house again,their secret hiding in the trunk of his car,

later Christmas eve after she knew that her family was sound asleep she put them under the tree,

Christmas morning was a surprise to her family,her mom was sitting on her dad's lap and she was crying,when she asked her mom why she was crying her mom said because thet didn't even have a turkey to fix for Christmas dinner....

she went over to her mom and said "mom what we have doesn't matter,we've got chicken in the freezer we can do fried chicken mashed potato's,gravey cornbread....you see mom it's not what we have,it's thefact that we are sharing it together that's the important thing"....so that night they sat down to a fine fried chicken dinner,bowed their heads and gave THANKS TO GOD for this.....The love that surrounded them that night you can't buy,it doesn't come in a pretty box..it comes from the heart.

AS Black Friday or thursday this year approaches,and folks are pushing and shoving each other to get their presents,,,think about these things....and THANK GOD that no matter how big or how small...traditional or not....JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON....A FINER GIFT NONE WAS EVER GIVEN!!!

GBU ALL