IGNORED

The cause of homosexual behaviour

Bread_of_Life

Guest Seeking Salvation

I don't know. I have backslidden and am just coming around. I do know for a fact that gays don't believe me for one of two reasons. They say I was never gay, or they say I really am still gay. These are two obsured statements, but I've heard them.

Blessings;

Corey

dont let satan convince you of being someone, you are not. if you backslid, repentence is what is required for fellowship with God again. you didnt lose salvation. but losing fellowship might as well be the same.

the Gays that dont beleive you, its because they dont want to in the first place.

Jesus atones for all your sins of ignorance, not just the ones of homosexual tendencies.

blatant sins, we must sill repented for. otherwise, our fellowship is cut off and tainted.

which shows up in their statement----"You are still gay"---you see, someone has told them being gay makes them worthy of hell, so, if they beleive they were born that way, than nature only dictates they will believe all religion is false, based on their hope, that God will allow them to be whom and what they are.

when they say "You are still gay"----they believe you were born that way, and can never leave.

if, you believe one was born that way, or even if not, then not living that way, or openly rejecting being that way regardless of it being "natural or not", in the name of Jesus, is the point they must know about.

which is why the debate over one being born that way if fruitless.

whether one is or not, we have to live for Christ, cause he died for all of us.

the Holy Spirit, will eventually lead them into all truths.

perhaps tangle these kind of scenerios with other types of sin, such as selfishness, or bad language, or hate for others.

all these things, are just as wicked to God as homosexuality.

sin is sin----and the barrier is eternal for all of em.

Only Jesus can bridge that gap

Corey,

Please always remember 1Peter 5:8 "Be Sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour." One of the ways he's able to devour us is through confusion. Know that according to 1 Corinthians 14:33 God is not the author of confusion, but of peace. So maintain your peace in knowing that God has removed that sin from you regardless of what people say. Sometimes Satan uses our friends to distract us from the truth, which is found in the Word of God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  363
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Mark;

Corey,

Please always remember 1Peter 5:8 "Be Sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour." One of the ways he's able to devour us is through confusion. Know that according to 1 Corinthians 14:33 God is not the author of confusion, but of peace. So maintain your peace in knowing that God has removed that sin from you regardless of what people say. Sometimes Satan uses our friends to distract us from the truth, which is found in the Word of God.

Thanx Seeking Salvation. When things get bad I like to read John 14.

Blessings;

corey

• 1 month later...
Guest freebird

question. wut about us gays who are happier with who we are once we come out, than asking for forgive ness and being very sincere about it and nothing happens?

question. wut about us gays who are happier with who we are once we come out, than asking for forgive ness and being very sincere about it and nothing happens?

Freebird;

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. Do you mean come out of the closet, or come out of the gay lifestyle?

What are you looking for to happen?

I am a gay overcomer, it's been 11 years for me.

in Him;

corey

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Freebird;

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. Do you mean come out of the closet, or come out of the gay lifestyle?

in Him;

corey

Would you mind briefly explaining what you mean by "gay overcomer," for someone (me) who's coming into this discussion a bit late?

To me it sounds like you are an overcomer who is gay, instead of someone who is overcoming homosexuality. It seems to me to be an important distinction.

Thanks in advance.

Freebird;

in Him;

corey

Would you mind briefly explaining what you mean by "gay overcomer," for someone (me) who's coming into this discussion a bit late?

To me it sounds like you are an overcomer who is gay, instead of someone who is overcoming homosexuality. It seems to me to be an important distinction.

Thanks in advance.

It means that I have left the gay lifestyle {11 years ago}. While I still have issues {we all do} to overcome, the gay lifestyle is a part of my past, not my future. THanks to Jesus who sets the captives free. An overcomer is someone who has overcome. One of my counselors is who coined the phrase, not me.

in Him;

corey

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

It means that I have left the gay lifestyle {11 years ago}. While I still have issues {we all do} to overcome, the gay lifestyle is a part of my past, not my future. THanks to Jesus who sets the captives free. An overcomer is someone who has overcome. One of my counselors is who coined the phrase, not me.

in Him;

corey

I appreciate that. Thanks for the clarification. Since there is a certain sect in Christianity that claims to that homosexuality and the worship of the Lord can go hand-in-hand, I wanted to be sure of your stance.

We all have remaining sins to deal with in the long run. With some it's more one thing than another. However, in Christ we can more than conquer, and we can be overcomers in this age. Grace to you, brother.

I appreciate that. Thanks for the clarification. Since there is a certain sect in Christianity that claims to that homosexuality and the worship of the Lord can go hand-in-hand, I wanted to be sure of your stance.

We all have remaining sins to deal with in the long run. With some it's more one thing than another. However, in Christ we can more than conquer, and we can be overcomers in this age. Grace to you, brother.

Not a problem my friend. As you have said, there are denominations that have these and it seems "ok" to them. What I stand on is Levitcus 18:22 which explicitely states that a man shall not lay with another man as with a woman. When I was active in the lifestyle, I didn't agree with the New Testament's interpretation because the translators use the word "homosexual" and "homosexual" was not a word until the 1800's so I thought it was a man made law. However, as I stated, there is NO DENYING what Leviticus says.

Now, I also have to say, I have no proof that the word homosexual wasn't around until the 1800's, but it was the argument of the day and I clung onto it. It helped to alleviate the guilt and shame and made it an "alright" lifestyle.

in Him;

corey

• Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/30/1987

homosexuality is either a choice, in which may be moral to condemn it all, or else it is a defect, in which case it can be pitied, and the acceptance of it is to be avoided- rather, we would need to work to come up with a cure for it.

It cannot be widely occuring naturally, and could not be a genetic trait passed on from generation to generation, as homosexual animals would not reproduce. If these animals DO reproduce, then this is no more comparable to people than black widow spiders eating their "husbands", or tom cats killing the kittens. abnormal behavior is a choice, not a gene that gets "passed down", for very logical reasons.

note: these reasons are only part of why I believe this... I have not touched the Biblical reasons yet, which are also completely normal and rational reasons.