IGNORED

Can every Believer be rich/blessed/favored/speak-in-tongues/be healed?

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

This is a spinoff subject that came up in this thread:

1.Can every Believer be rich/blessed/favored/speak-in-tongues/be healed?

No.  For when speaking in James 2:1-7; we see that as a whole, most believers were poor, while most of the rich usually oppressed the believers.  But we all are richly blessed by God, but what God considers blessings many Christian want nothing to do with, see Matthew 5:1-12.  All saints are favored by God, but this doesn't mean the world will favor us, but rather hate us: I have given them Thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I Am not of the world.  John 17:14.   Some will speak in tongues but not all; the really wise will seek for spiritual utterance to speak the mysteries of Christ, just as Paul pray for: And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make know the mystery of the gospel.  Ephesians 6:19  3) Withal praying also for us that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which i am also in bonds.  4)  That I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.  Colossians 4:3-4.  As for healing Paul once told Timothy to drink a little wine for thy stomach sake, I Timothy 5:23, why wouldn't Paul have healed this great minister.  Paul also had an infirmity in the flesh for which he asked three times to be healed but was told no                 (II Corinthians 12:7-10).  I know many will say that this wasn't physical but I believe that Scriptures tells us what it was.  Ye see how large a letter I have written unto you with mine own hand.  Galatians 6:11  But earlier in this Epistle we see Paul noting of the Galatians 13) Ye know how through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first.  14) And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.  15) Where is then the blessedness ye spake of?  for I bare you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me.  Galatians 4:13-15  Paul infirmity he had very poor vision yet God would not heal him, yet the Grace of God abound so much that people could see more clearly Paul's love for Christ Jesus that it lead many more to believe in out dear Savior Jesus Christ, so that Paul rejoice in it, because many were saved.

2. Is there a Biblical guarantee for these things?

No, that is except for the Blessings and Favor of God upon us, but as stated earlier many don't want those under God's terms.

3. Is there Biblical backing where all this is allowed/available to a Christian?

No, but there is Bible backing to us to be blessed and favored by God, and made rich in Spiritual matters; see II Corinthians 8:9; Matthew 25:34; Romans  8:15-17; Galatians 4:4-7.  Ephesians 1 really deals with how rich we are in Christ, but this reward is waiting upon His Return.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Kwik, I will have to get specifics and get back to you - as you all can tell, I have limited time on here, but I will hopefully be able to get this for you sometime this week.

Shiloh, your response is about 12 miles long - it might take a while to answer you. But that fiery serpents one actually refers in the Hebrew to God removing His hand at the people's refusal to obey Him; the fiery serpents were there all along, waiting to get in, and once the people got God's hand out of the way through their disobedience and not wanting Him to help them anyway, He couldn't do anything to stop them and the serpents got in. It wasn't God (the same as God announcing to Adam and Eve about the curse vs the mistranslation that God cursed them with the curse). More soon.

Also, where is it written, "Thou shalt not have a jet."? If God wants them to have a jet, what business is it of anyone else's? Jets are a tremendous blessing to preach the Gospel. Why shouldn't God's ministers drive and fly the best? Why would they want to represent a weak God who cannot give His people the best? After all, we're going to have only the best of everything in Heaven.

Some people are going to be shocked when we get to Heaven and see the streets paved with transparent gold, and walls made of all kinds of expensive and valuable crystals and everyone owns a MANSION. They're going to say, "it ain't right Jesus, it ain't right, what a waste of all this wealth, and we don't deserve any of this..." and Jesus will have to respond and say "then the only place you can go is Hell, but I don't want that, but that's the only place where you will find poverty or hardship or anything that isn't the best."

And as my fellow Believer said above, it is ALWAYS according to your faith on whether or not people receive their healings.

Bartimaeus was brought right in front of Jesus, who surely you will agree flowed in the gift of healing, and instead of healing Him, he asked, "What do you want Me to do for you?" I mean, Jesus can clearly see a blind beggar in front of him, it's not a mystery! And Bartimaeus said he wanted to see, and Jesus healed him, saying be it so unto you, ACCORDING TO YOUR FAITH. As opposed to ACCORDING TO MY FAITH.

You cannot find one time where Jesus ever said anyone was healed according to HIS faith, it was always 100% the faith of the person receiving the healing except in the case of the children where they needed the faith of their parents (Jairus' daughter's resurrection was tied up in HIS faith in Jesus, which is why Jesus said, "Don't fear! Believe only, and she will be made whole."

Yo Shiloh (it rhymes!)

If Deuteronomy 28:15-68 is not the curse of the law as you say, but is spiritual death and separation from God, then how did Adam and Eve die the day Adam sinned? God said they died spiritually on that day, 1,000s of years before Curse of the Law ever existed. And they were separated from God spiritually. They didn't have the Law, the Law was given to the Israelites because they said pridefully they could do whatever God said they ought (and so they removed themselves from God's covenant of favor (grace) with Abraham and put themselves under the Law, which is when God told them about what would happen if they did not keep the Law (listing it in Deuteronomy 28:15-68).

Yes, according to the everlasting covenant God cut with Abraham, all of God's promises to the Israelites (the term Israel is the people descended of Jacob, which is the people descended of Abraham) are for EVERY BELIEVER according to Galatians 3:29. You also have Hebrews 1:1-2, Romans 8:16-17 and Galatians 4:7 which prove that Jesus is heir of all things, we are His joint-heir, and we are God's heir as His children and of all THINGS, which include God's promises.

If the promises were to a nation, then there would be not even 1 instance of ANY individual receiving even 1 blessing of any kind, but ONLY the nation itself. Yet, you find reference upon reference of INDIVIDUALS being blessed (or cursed).

You also have to ask HOW did Jesus do everything He did? Because He didn't do it as the Son of God according to Philippians 2. So how did He do it?

Lastly tonight,

WHy does Paul talk about (I will share when God has healed people through my laying on of hands also tomorrow) in Hebrews 6 (or Apollos, whoever wrote it) when he is discussing the foundation of being a Believer as the repentance of sin and the turning toward God in faith and the baptismS (plural! Water baptism and the baptism of fire that Jesus said He would baptize Believers with (the Baptism of the Holy Spirit (with the evidence of speaking in tongues)) and the laying on of hands?

The author states that this stuff is the MILK of Believers, and he makes no distinction that the baptimS or the laying on of hands (for healing) is unique to a special subset of Believers or is any way not for ALL Believers, but rather speaks of it as the foundation of EVERY BELIEVER.

Edited by TheCurseOfTheRodain

Also, where is it written, "Thou shalt not have a jet."? If God wants them to have a jet, what business is it of anyone else's? Jets are a tremendous blessing to preach the Gospel. Why shouldn't God's ministers drive and fly the best? Why would they want to represent a weak God who cannot give His people the best? After all, we're going to have only the best of everything in Heaven.

Some people are going to be shocked when we get to Heaven and see the streets paved with transparent gold, and walls made of all kinds of expensive and valuable crystals and everyone owns a MANSION. They're going to say, "it ain't right Jesus, it ain't right, what a waste of all this wealth, and we don't deserve any of this..." and Jesus will have to respond and say "then the only place you can go is Hell, but I don't want that, but that's the only place where you will find poverty or hardship or anything that isn't the best."

This is absolute nonsense.  The scripture the prosperity teachers use to promote the idea that every believer will have their own mansion in Heaven is simply stating that every believer has a place in heaven.

(KJV)  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Most modern translations use "rooms" or "dwelling places" instead of "mansions" because the opulence of the believers abode in Heaven isn't the subject.

And as my fellow Believer said above, it is ALWAYS according to your faith on whether or not people receive their healings.

Bartimaeus was brought right in front of Jesus, who surely you will agree flowed in the gift of healing, and instead of healing Him, he asked, "What do you want Me to do for you?" I mean, Jesus can clearly see a blind beggar in front of him, it's not a mystery! And Bartimaeus said he wanted to see, and Jesus healed him, saying be it so unto you, ACCORDING TO YOUR FAITH. As opposed to ACCORDING TO MY FAITH.

You cannot find one time where Jesus ever said anyone was healed according to HIS faith, it was always 100% the faith of the person receiving the healing except in the case of the children where they needed the faith of their parents (Jairus' daughter's resurrection was tied up in HIS faith in Jesus, which is why Jesus said, "Don't fear! Believe only, and she will be made whole."

How do you explain people who hang their hat upon the power to heal being fully according to their faith being ill or disabled ?

Mr Hinn  could easily travel less flamboyantly and use the money to help the poor citizens in the countries he profits from.

Can you show me in any of Jesus ministry where He, or any disciple, became wealthy because of the Gospel and lived in opulence ?. Actually I think we will find profiting from the Gospel is considered wrong.

Mat 10:8  Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

1Co 9:17-18  If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily, I am simply discharging the trust committed to me.  (18)  What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make full use of my rights as a preacher of the gospel.

Paul was careful to not use money given to the Church for his own use unless absolutely necessary and he certainly never exhibited an opulent lifestyle .   

2Co 2:17  Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.