IGNORED

Can every Believer be rich/blessed/favored/speak-in-tongues/be healed?

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Yet that is not what you find, you hear thousands upon thousands of testimonies of people who have followed what they are being taught from the Bible and they DO reap. I and my wife are NOT in ministry and are not selling millions of CDs and such, and yet we are prospering as we have been learning to sow and reap according what the Holy Spirit has led us to do. Gal 6:6-7 Do not be deceived, God is NOT mocked, for whatsoever a man sows, THAT shall HE reap.

Rodain can you tell us where your money rewards from  "sowing" have come from ? 

Yes, so long as this is not for some mockery or desecration: the Lord has led me into my harvests and they have come in the form of selling things, or reselling things, new clients, new ideas that have resulted in monetary benefit, debt forgiveness, people just spontaneously (as the harvest at the direction of the Lord of course) GIVING me money (yes it is not just preachers who have had this happen) or things which are worth a particular amount of money. There may be more ways I have not thought of at this moment, but I hope that helps.

The system of sowing and reaping both physically and spiritually will not cease until the Earth remaineth not (somewhere around Genesis 8).

Oh.. I see.  In that case, I can claim the same thing.  Only I call it working for a living....God certainly sparks my creativity all the time.  It's not a miracle.  It is normal.

People love my photos...my short stories using my dogs as the characters (children especially but even the adults enjoy it)...and my artwork.

I appreciate the gifts God has given to me and I pray  and seek God concerning these things regularly.  

However, that is not what those verses are even talking about.   Let's have a look at those verses IN context...for the 2nd time in this thread.

Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. 4Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, 5for each one should carry their own load.6Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor.

7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

The passage is actually referring to sin, not some sort of monetary gain.  What you sow in your sinful flesh, you will reap.  It's as plain as day.  

And, here is the rest of the chapter:

See what large letters I use as I write to you with my own hand!

12Those who want to impress people by means of the flesh are trying to compel you to be circumcised. The only reason they do this is to avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ. 13Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh. 14May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through whicha the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation. 16Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule—tob the Israel of God.

17From now on, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.

18The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brothers and sisters. Amen.

Now, even though circumcision is mentioned, the actual sin seems to be avoidance of the cross...and reading the first portion of Gal 6, it speaks of sin in general and the biblical

injunction to AVOID sin or you will reap the consequences.  NOWHERE is any sort of monetary gain or lost spoken of.  The grace of God and the blessings of God are not performance

based.

Jesus tells the story of the prodigal son....did that young man who squandered his fortune have to make it up somehow to his father.  No.  We cannot make up our sin to God....we can

only accept forgiveness of those sins through the blood of Christ.  HOWEVER, we still may reap the consequences of our sins depending on the effects on our own bodies as well as

the effects upon others.   

Verse 14 is in direct contrast to WOF doctrine.  WOF doctrine wants it all NOW; while Paul writes he has been crucified to the world...with all its lusts, desires and false systems.

Further, Paul does not want to boast about ANYTHING....except the cross of Christ.

14May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through whicha the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 

The stark reality of the unbelievable contrast of this verse against WOF beliefs is one of the most striking in scripture.  Really, there is no excuse for following after such false

teachings.  Of course, the Bible does explain it:

For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to

say what their itching ears want to hear.  II Tim. 4:3

God is NOT mocked, for whatsoever a man sows, THAT shall HE reap.

Wow.  That verse has nothing to do with money.  

Here is the verse IN context

Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. 4Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, 5for each one should carry their own load.6Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor.

7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows8Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 

If I understand the passage, it appears that the verse is in complete disagreement with what you and other WOF'ers postulate.

This verse is stating that if we sow for our flesh...which is what wof'ers are doing essentially when they demand that God gives them things...that we are reaping destruction.

I hope others who read this and have not decided whether or not WOF is valid or wrong, can SEE what the Bible actually is saying to us and how very much WOF doctrine has taken something

that speaks of spiritual sowing and twisted and used it for their own desires.

This erroneous teaching is absolutely distasteful IMO.

7seas if it excluded money, Paul (at the direction of the Holy Spirit) would have used other wording, like, "You reap what you sow, unless it's money..." but he didn't, he said WHATSOEVER a man sows, THAT shall he reap. That includes ANYTHING.

Also, you should know that in the original Greek, the word Spirit in that 8th verse is not capitalized, that was put in later; it's in reference actually to your own spirit, talking about the spiritual things.

Obviously if you exercise, you are sowing to the flesh, are you then reaping DESTRUCTION? You sowed to the flesh after all....of course not, you reap something good, because you sowed something that was a good seed. If you sow sex with your spouse and a child arises, did you reap DESTRUCTION? No, but you did sow to the flesh, and that was not destruction. Unless of course, the flesh is a reference to the attitude of the flesh which has more to do with following the lusts of the flesh that Jesus said would choke out the seed and then no crop would be produced... your thoughts?

Ah...the original Greek clause.

So everyone, even Paul got this wrong?  Whatsoever is referring, AGAIN, to sin.  Not the Oral Roberts method of tithing.   I guess we just need to forget about:

8Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.    

It's all Greek to me.... ^_^

Kidding aside, I just looked up several Greek lexicons and not one of them agrees with what you state.  Every one has capitilized both 'spirits'.  Kindly cite your source.

Further, you might ask what the purpose of the book of Galatians was about to begin with.  It is about Paul addressing the Galatians and their having turned away

from a faith based salvation to a works based salvation...He goes so far as to ask them "Who has bewitched you?"  This is a letter about flesh vs spirit.  It is a letter

about having begun in faith, we need to stay on track and stay in faith and not contribute our own efforts to our salvation because that is not acceptable to God

The WOF doctrine does not line up with scripture...as I have consistently pointed out with quite a bit of biblical support as well as documented falied prophecies,

false interpretations and just plain real bad Bible exegesis.

No matter how much you may want it to, this passage does not lend itself to a principal of giving money so you can get more money back.  

Besides all the polluted and twisted teaching of WOF, Copeland has further demonstrated his total lack of a true anointing from God by FALSE PROPHECIES.

Be aware, that those who prophesy falsely, are NOT anointed by God.  They have utterly failed the ultimate test of a true prophet.  Further, the gift of prophecy,

most of the time, as instructed from the NT, is about telling FORTH the word we already have and NOT furture events.

2004 has come and gone....read the prophecy from Copeland below and ask yourself why he gets away with false prophecies and false claims.

Copeland has been known to shock his listeners with his supposed prophecies from God, such as:  “Dont be disturbed when people accuse you of thinking you are God...They crucified me for saying that I was God. But I didn't claim I was God; I just claimed I walked with Him and that He was in me” (prophecy from Take Time to Pray  article Believer's Voice of Victory,1987, p.9 ) 

In the above prophecy, Kenneth Copeland accomplished at least two things: 1) he denied the deity of Jesus Christ and 2) he promoted doctrines of demons (1 Timothy 4:1). 

Kenneth Copeland was a guest on Benny Hinn’s January 28, 2004 broadcast This is Your Day telecast. Hinn says the lord has a word for you today. Copeland thanks Hinn for continuing in the healing ministry.  Benny Hinn asked Kenneth Copeland what he sees happening in 2004. In turn, Copeland responds by reading his prophecy, to which Hinn says, “Amen“: “Right now the healing ministry of Jesus is coming into a place that no human beings has seen before. And it, we’ all going to be glad we stayed where he put us because this is our time” (Benny Hinn- Amen). (This is a Prophecy delivered by Kenneth Copeland at Eagle Mountain International Church December 31, 2000) Complete prophecy at http://kcm.org/studycenter/prophecies/2004_yearoffullness.php

Copeland continues: “The lord began talking to me about fullness of ministry and fullness of his callings and so forth oh 25 years go, but then in late November and all the way up to new years eve, and I had a visitation of the Lord new years eve afternoon, he began to talk to me about this year, and if you, you permit me I’ll read you what he said to me, Hinn responds please:

the year of 2004 will be known as the year of fullness. By the close of 2004, all callings will come to fullness. Apostles ministry, prophets ministry, evangelist ministry, pastoral ministries and teaching ministries that will obey me will come into full manifestationThe gifts of the spirit will be manifested in fulness as they were when Jesus was on the earth.” (Copeland says, “We’ve not seen that, we've seen little pieces of it but not like this”)...“Families will come into their called places and know the fullness of joy on earth as it is in heaven.” 

If this is true, who needs heaven? Jesus said the very opposite for the last days, and spoke of perilous times, apostasy, the love of many growing cold, and itching ears that do not want to hear the truth but what they want to hear. The only time we will see this fullness is in the Millennium, but first comes the Great tribulation.

Note:  WHAT COPELAND PROPHESIED HAS NOT HAPPENED AND IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.   The Bible teaches the opposite.  As we near the end of times, there will be more and more

persecution.  The love of many will grow cold....people will turn against those they once worshipped with.

IMO, WOF is about worshipping the golden calf....NOT God Almighty.

You're wrong here on many counts - you should reread carefully what you've posted (you also didn't give a source other than you).

In the WORLD these things will happen, but where do YOU live? Because if you're going by the Bible, you're living in the KINGDOM OF GOD having BEEN TRANSLATED OUT OF THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS. It will get worse for them, but not for the Believers, at least not the ones who insist on living in the Kingdom of God that we're already IN.

Kindly advise me as to your reasoning that I am wrong on many counts.  That is a very broad statement...I would appreciate the details please.

well, it is such common knowledge I guess I just didn't attach it.  Ummm...#2 has quite a few false prophecies...from 96 not just 2004....people have been keeping track for years.

Lots more...especially attached to # 5...which is a youtube vid....but it's not actors in the vid...it's the 'real' Mr. Copeland

But, you know, I'm not trying to pick on Mr. Copeland...he basically brought it on himself with the phony prophecies...but he certainly has plenty of company in that realm.  Plenty.

Where do I live?  On planet earth.  Which is going to go up in flames one day, so yeah, I try not to be too attached.

Which kingdom did Jesus live in?  My understanding is that one reason he went back to heaven, was to prepare a place for us...since the earth is going to be destroyed and all

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Much love to you In Him,

Ok...So it seems to me that some have not "walked" where some have "walked"...Again...I just ask that you respect how God has worked in my life, my beliefs and "walk"...and Truths that I have walked in...Truths that some may never ever walk in...may never see the same way...and it's ok...A Wonderful Truth though is don't shoot the messenger...I've learned to take the message exactly as given and keep the parts I'm supposed to keep and throw away the rest because it's not time yet...That Way The Wells Don't Get Stopped Up and The Living Water and Love Can Keep Flowing...

Some are born with a silver spoon (my step-mother is one...and I decided NOT to go live with my real dad and her mainly because they didn't have God in their life...My mom raised and loved us the best she could-I truly believe I lived the verse of how it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter The Kingdom of God) and so some of us have come to Know God and depend on Him for everything...It's just the Way He Had for me...I truly believe The Plan for my life was orchestrated by God...

In a previous reference...Why some verses are put with others in my posting...My Bible references those verses-to the other verses...

(Just to let you know...I truly believe God Is At Work Here and sometimes it takes me a while to stomach some of it though...Loving you...And Thanking God Everyday For Everything...Being content in all things... 

Have to go back and re-read now and post the other verses I've been given to post...Loving you In Him...       

NeedYouLord...why are you making this personal?

The op asks if every believer can rich/blessed etc...most responders have indicated that they do not believe that scripture teaches that riches are for everyone and they do not

believe that every believer can be healed etc

The main disagreement I have is with WOF teaching...not you personally.  However, you have posted some comments that indicate you may agree with some of those teachings...

If I understand you right, it seems your main concern is wealth and or how that is spent, received etc?

The actual bent of my posts is to expose the false teachings and claims of WOF...an awful lot of evidence has been given by others and myself as to why these teachings are so wrong.

Have you read those posts?  They are not aimed at you or anyone else personally.  If someone responded to me personally with regards to what I posted, then I responded likewise,

but no one is being insulting as far as I can tell.

I have asked you a number of questions which you have either not seen or chosen to ignore, so you will have to excuse me if I don't understand what it is you are defending exactly?

You know, it is a little hard to follow someone when they make certain remarks that are answered and then the answers are ignored.  It would seem fair, I think, if you actually went

back and perhaps dealt with some of the things that have been posted.  Just ignoring things is not helpful IMO.  

For example, what do you think of the scriptures that have been posted that refute WOF teaching?  What do you think of the false prophecies that have been made by Mr Copeland

and not just him, but many of the WOF teachers?   

Are you a proponent of WOF?  It would be interesting to know

You mentionned walking in the light more than once...or walking in the spirit...I have asked you what you mean by that, because, while I am familiar with the scripture, it seems you

may think not everyone here is walking in the spirit...your posts appear that way, so perhaps you might clear that up.  It sure would be helpful to better understand you.

Have to go back and re-read now and post the other verses I've been given to post...Loving you In Him...   

What do you mean by verses you have been 'given' to post?  Again, I think I know, but it would be nice if you fleshed out your comments a little more as understanding is vital?

Don't you think understanding is very important?

SS,

Much love to you In Him,

Not ignoring...Just don't have a lot of time everyday...Christian Homeschool my daughter...And my lens is so different now...

and fully did not expect all this...Yep...Another lesson...Should be sewing and instead...oh dear...what a mess...I get dizzy trying to keep up with all this...I think I'm supposed to stay real simple...

I think somewhere somehow we (no...I think I went off the original posting path...) My interpretation of posting is giving what God and His Word says about it...Building up...Encouraging...Putting down what I'm led to post...instead of all this...We could have gone the Way of: "Yes...God Provides...and given my life story of how I've been raised up from nothingness...after working at a steady job for years and years...and the complete and total education (not formal education) that God can give and brings just from prayer and leading and guiding to The Truth of it all...totally living within our means with no credit...and then God (from years of prayer) bringing into fruition what I've waited so long for...and look what can be done...or getting ideas what others are doing to Grow The Kingdom...anyway...It just went into bashing the beliefs of others...Everything can be looked at with 2 lenses...and sometimes The Spirit is shut down in me...so anyway...

God gives me New Life...And I'm having a hard time seeing "Life" sometimes in what the human parts of us spit out...its always been the human part of us that has just torn me apart...I'm sorry there has been a lot of hurt in your life...There has been a fair share in mine too...That's why Jesus is my best friend...

But I will say it again: I have not looked up any "doctrines" to see what they believe...I have mainly as instructed "heard" the Word preached and have gone into prayer for hours at a time...Read The Word...Let It Permeate My Whole Self-To The Very Best That Is Possible and Have Waited on God for Many Things on The Inside of me To Be Changed...Working out my salvation with fear and trembling...And "experiencing" My God at times-miraculously...supernaturally...just as in The Bible...amazing...but true...and trying my best to not forsake assembling myself together...with fellow believers...but it sure is hard sometimes...Lord, Thank You...For Everything...

SS,

Much love to you In Him,

Thank you NeedYou and also to you in Christ and thank you for praying for Marti ~ she also has a very difficult relationship with her daughter and has asked for prayer concerning that also...I know you pray.

Not ignoring...Just don't have a lot of time everyday...Christian Homeschool my daughter...And my lens is so different now...

and fully did not expect all this...Yep...Another lesson...Should be sewing and instead...oh dear...what a mess...I get dizzy trying to keep up with all this...I think I'm supposed to stay real simple...

LOL!...ok....I actually like research and difficult subjects, so...but we do have the same Savior and that is what counts.

I think somewhere somehow we (no...I think I went off the original posting path...) My interpretation of posting is giving what God and His Word says about it...Building up...Encouraging...Putting down what I'm led to post...instead of all this...We could have gone the Way of: "Yes...God Provides...and given my life story of how I've been raised up from nothingness...after working at a steady job for years and years...and the complete and total education (not formal education) that God can give and brings just from prayer and leading and guiding to The Truth of it all...totally living within our means with no credit...and then God (from years of prayer) bringing into fruition what I've waited so long for...and look what can be done...or getting ideas what others are doing to Grow The Kingdom...anyway...It just went into bashing the beliefs of others...Everything can be looked at with 2 lenses...and sometimes The Spirit is shut down in me...so anyway...

I understand better now what you have posted....BUT please understand that this is not about bashing people at all...I can assure you with the deepest part of my heart that is not my intention...I do have a concern

for people caught up in deception and unsound doctrine...stemming, no doubt, from my own experiences in that genre.  Of course there are 2 sides ...or as you say 2 lenses...but I am reminded of the expression

there are 3 sides to the story...yours, mine and the truth.  The truth in this case, being scripture.  See, it alarms me greatly to read the unsound teaching of WOF doctrine that is so far from what scripture actually states.  

I'm not sure about the Holy Spirit being shut down (if I understand you  correctly here)...in my experience, we can only take so much when we have lived a certain way that we thought was the ultimate truth and come to

find out, it was deception.

It is a process to unlearn things and understand that your world is about to change.

I am not saying you are deceived...I'm saying there is an awful lot to take in here.  And, the surface has barely been scratched.

God gives me New Life...And I'm having a hard time seeing "Life" sometimes in what the human parts of us spit out...its always been the human part of us that has just torn me apart...I'm sorry there has been a lot of hurt in your life...There has been a fair share in mine too...That's why Jesus is my best friend...

Oh yeah...I understand that about you...and now I have shared some of mine...but as scripture states, Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.  II Tim 3:12...and that comes in different forms, so it is 

something that is unavoidable it seems and God does try our faith...He does not tempt us...he tries us to purify us.

But I will say it again: I have not looked up any "doctrines" to see what they believe...I have mainly as instructed "heard" the Word preached and have gone into prayer for hours at a time...Read The Word...Let It Permeate My Whole Self-To The Very Best That Is Possible and Have Waited on God for Many Things on The Inside of me To Be Changed...Working out my salvation with fear and trembling...And "experiencing" My God at times-miraculously...supernaturally...just as in The Bible...amazing...but true...and trying my best to not forsake assembling myself together...with fellow believers...but it sure is hard sometimes...Lord, Thank You...For Everything...

False teaching can destroy peoples lives.  I believe in your heart you want to honor God and you want to know the truth.  It is the same for me. 

I only started paying real attention when the effects of error and deception wrecked havoc in my life and the life of my family.  It was all I could do to try and understand how or why God had let me down but of course

He had never let me down.  It took effort and God's hand on me, as I kept wandering off into sin and using the excuse that I could not trust God anyway, to unravel the mess and start to put the truth into its place

Thank you so much for answering me.  

SS,

Much love again...You are so welcome...Yes...I'm after God...With All of me...And Seems as if Prayer Is My Life's Work...It's amazing alright; no stranger to persecution either. Love, Kathy

SS,

Much love again...You are so welcome...Yes...I'm after God...With All of me...And Seems as if Prayer Is My Life's Work...It's amazing alright; no stranger to persecution either. Love, Kathy

Hugs...and God's blessings ...   :bighug2:

I'm glad I took the time to ask and very glad that you answered

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I just wonder how rich the saints were who were hanging on crosses burning as torches by Nero.  Their reward is in Heaven, not here on earth.  Wealth has nothing on obedience.  One can be obedient and poor, not all blessings are monetary. Sometimes wealth can be a curse.

In Christ

Montana Marv

What does riches have to do with what you're saying? When a reward is said to be in Heaven, God does not say it is not accessible while here on the Earth. Otherwise how did Jesus pray "Father, YOUR will be done HERE ON THE EARTH, JUST as it is IN HEAVEN." He is calling for Heaven to be made manifest here on the Earth. Deuteronomy 7 speaks of the days of Heaven upon the Earth for you, and that was in the OC, and since the NC is defined as being thoroughly better than the 1st, you could not decrease in benefits and have it be called better. Therefore, those days of Heaven (and David speaks of them too) on the Earth are you today.

If you have treasure in Heaven, and if it is as you say, inaccessible until you get there, WHAT NEED WILL YOU HAVE FOR THIS TREASURE IN HEAVEN? You won't have a need because there won't be an economic system in Heaven. The treasure in Heaven you store up (which is the harvest on your seed sown) is most certainly not only viable only here on the Earth but is accessible to you here on the Earth. Before you shout me down, investigate all that the Word has to say on the matter (not hearing man's opinions or emotions or past experiences of others or yourself).

Paul said that the MOST NOBLE of all those he preached to were the Bereans, because they didn't receive his reputation but rather they diligently checked up on what he said by looking into the Scriptures to see if what he preached was true according to the Word of God.

You are approaching our heavenly reward from a fleshly mindset.  The "treasure" we are storing up in heaven is not gold and silver.  The "treasure"  we are storing up in heaven has to do with things of eternal value.  Riches and wealth in this world are transitory and uncertain.  Jesus said in Matt. 6:19 that we are to lay up for ourselves treasures in heaven and that is done through service to God on earth.  The fact that they have their root in Christian character and our relationship with God means that these treasures are not some kind of heavenly bank account you can draw on here earth.  The treasures have to do with heavenly virtues for which you will be rewarded in heaven.  You completely miss the idea that Jesus is speaking of when it comes to heavenly treasure.

Where is it written that you do not have access to what you have stored up in Heaven? Just because it's there doesn't mean you cannot get it. And where does Jesus explain that the treasures we have in Heaven are of eternal value? Why does He use a natural example to describe this? Why doesn't He say "you are storing up things you do not understand yet and will only get them when you enter Heaven"? You are rewriting what He said by insisting that when He said treasure He didn't mean treasure. If He didn't mean treasure, why does the Holy Spirit tell Him to say the word treasure? Surely God is not an idiot and can express what things are supposed to mean...?

And HOW then, if that treasure that Jesus explains that we have is in Heaven and cannot be retrieved while on the Earth, is God able to say in Philippians 4:13 that He shall SUPPLY ALL YOUR NEED (or in the Greek, all you DECLARE) according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus? Those riches in glory (and glory here means wealth) are IN Heaven. How is God getting you RICHES FROM HEAVEN if you said you can't touch riches in Heaven?....That is not adding up.