Swoosh

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Is there any evidence that the events told in this book actually happened exactly as they are explained? Please include references to scriptures and sources if possible. I look forward to seeing your replies.

Guest shiloh357

Is there any evidence that the events told in this book actually happened exactly as they are explained? Please include references to scriptures and sources if possible. I look forward to seeing your replies.

If you are asking for historical evidence outside of the Bible that tells us that Ruth was  real person, who once lived in Moab or that there was a man namd Elimilech who moved his family from Bethlehem to Moab, the answer is no. 

Why can't the Bible's historical account be accepted as true on its own?

Thank you for giving your input. 

If you are asking for historical evidence outside of the Bible that tells us that Ruth was  real person, who once lived in Moab or that there was a man namd Elimilech who moved his family from Bethlehem to Moab, the answer is no. 

That's a summary of the story, and I certainly am asking for that. But I'm also asking for historical evidence of every detail of the story, including dialogue between the characters.

I can't accept it as true on its own because accepting something without corroborating evidence is a poor way to judge its truth value.

And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse; Matthew 1:5

I'm not sure what point you're making. Explain.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse; Matthew 1:5

I'm not sure what point you're making. Explain.

Please would have been nice.. :thumbsup: .

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

That's a summary of the story, and I certainly am asking for that. But I'm also asking for historical evidence of every detail of the story, including dialogue between the characters.

I can't accept it as true on its own because accepting something without corroborating evidence is a poor way to judge its truth value.

I see that you are a seeker.That is your choice to except the facts of the Bible.

Guest shiloh357

Every detail???   I think you are asking for what you already know is outside of our reach.  There is historical corrobation for many events that are recorded in Scripture, but to ask for evidence of every single detail is a bit unreasonable and like I said, you already know that, which is why you asked for that.

Every detail???  

,,,but to ask for evidence of every single detail is a bit unreasonable...

Yes, every detail. For those that claim that every book and detail in the Bible is absolutely true and unchangeable in it's inerrancy , holding their claim to that very high standard is reasonable.

Why do you think it's unreasonable? 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Every detail???  

,,,but to ask for evidence of every single detail is a bit unreasonable...

Yes, every detail. For those that claim that every book and detail in the Bible is absolutely true and unchangeable in it's inerrancy , holding their claim to that very high standard is reasonable.

Why do you think it's unreasonable? 

Do me a favor, you are asking for the conversations. Find them in the book and post them here for us. You do have a bible at hand do you not?