• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1980

Roman 12:10 Loving one another with the charity of brotherhood: with honour preventing one another. 11 In carefulness not slothful.

Slothful = laziness

2 Thessalonians 3:10

10 For also, when we were with you, this we declared to you: that, if any man will not work, neither let him eat.

Judy, I don't know why people don't take the ENTIRE Word of God (not meaning you) and consider context as well.

Yes, if you see a hungry man on the street, feed him; if you see a woman and child shivering in the cold, give them your coat. Do what is righteous in the sight of God.

Laziness and slothfulness is an abomination to God and He never condones "feeding" the SIN of slothfulness.

When people begin to take advantage of other people (because they can), you aren't helping them.

Sorry. No one loves to give more than I. I'm a giver but God has shown me to use WISDOM and discernment in matters.

Bless you, Judy....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See i have only read matthew in its entirety ( i'm a beginner) some others, i skip around alot ..so it would have taken me a while before i found a verse like that one if you had not directed me thank the lord ...i read the whole thing veryvery cool ... I just excite when the word feeds my hunger... thanks a mil cat

Edited by DearJudy,OurLord

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

See i have only read matthew in its entirety ( i'm a beginner) some others, i skip around alot ..so it would have taken me a while before i found a verse like that one if you had not directed me thank the lord ...i read the whole thing veryvery cool  ...  I just excite when the word feeds my hunger... thanks a mil  cat

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Judy, check your PM's...I PM'd you ...hope that helps a little....

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Birthday:  11/25/1983

Quote:

Judy, I don't know why people don't take the ENTIRE Word of God (not meaning you) and consider context as well.

Cats Meow....

You are very hurtful and discouraging. I don't know how old you are but some of us are young Christians. If I am pursing GOD will all of my heart, going to Wednesday bible studies...morning and night, reading daily and nightly, being dicipled, attending Sunday morning services on Sunday and evening services, praying constantly throughout the day...some short prayers some long...many taking over thirty minutes just me and HIM, if I got a job at Christian school working with the preschool, and I serve GOD as best I am able under Grace because I love him and WANT to serve HIM, not because I HAVE to, if I am doing the best I can to be a mature Christian as fast as I can...IF I pray for wisdom throughout the day as well as for a closer relationship with HIM and to let my light shine brighter so that others may see and turn to HIM as well.................IF I do all of these things and seek with ALL of my heart, what should one do...I don't know the entire WORD yet...I read it, but all of it is not embedded into my heart yet. The lady that diciples me...if I ask her a question she can say OH, I is right here in this book in this chapter in this verse....she is teaching me about context and inductive study. I am LEARNING. If you are a mature Christian, you HAD to start out somewhere. You, previously, had said 'rightly divide the Word of GOD', perhaps I misunderstood what you meant, but I take that offensively because I do not want to divide the Word of GOD..I actually thought the Word could not be divided. You seem as though you look down on those that don't know as much as you...without love. You said you don't know why some people don't take the entire Word of GOD and consider the context...WELL, I consider the context when I know it and when I don't I fall on it and tell those I am not sure...I did type 'Thought maybe that would help' when I posted my OBVIOUSLY inaccurate verse. So what is your opinion, Cats...should only people that are spiritually be allowed to post so as not to make a mistake or should all with pure motives that truely seeks GOD be allowed to post. You seem to look down on the posts that you disagree with. And you discourage. I TRY! Should I stop. I just want CATS opinion. I truely think that there aren't many people that are spititually mature my age, it takes a long time to study, understand, engrave in your heart, and apply all of the Word.

By the way, Jesus loves to give more than you. You may as well love to give more than me. Not sure. That is for GOD to care about. Since he is the reciever.

I guess, I wont worry so much on what the world thinks about my spiritual maturity, I have a very close personal relationship with GOD and remember Him through my days. I gladly proclaim Him...I try to glorify HIM... I love Him. When the sky is beautiful I thank HIM. When I get onto the interstate without a lot of cars on the entrance lane I praise HIM...(I hate merging) and thank HIM for ALWAYS clearing it for me. When I eat something yummy I thank HIM, when I look at my son, I praise HIM, When I am sad about my husband leaving us, I thank GOD for being my husband, when I actaully have enough for gas, I thank him, when I see the beauty I marvel...I tell HIM how awesome and mighty HE is. Even if my son keeps me up until three am, I STILL get out the word and pray...not a short prayer...NO, I don't go on and on about the same things...I talk to him and spend personal time with HIM. Should I sit on the sidelines because I don't have as much wisdom as you? Should I keep my mouth closed because I do not have as much knowledge? I will admit, I don't fly through my bible. I have read the same five chapters daily for the past two weeks..I want to understand them...I don't want to fly through. I want to grow. God doesn't let us grow over night. I have grown tremendously over the past year from knowing nothing to being up to par in bible studies,..you know, not asking simple questions, like how is GOD and Jesus and the holy spirit one, I am on the same page I ask good questions and I ask a lot of questions.

If my advice is worth anything to you and if you are not prideful, I suggest you water the young Christians and HELP us grow instead of making us feel like we are appearing against GOD by not knowing as much as you....as a mature Christian you can help GOD with HIS children, or inhibit them.

One Of Gods Royal Daughters,

Your SISTER in Christ,

HIS

his: Honey, I think there was a MAJOR misunderstanding in communication. I wish we could just see each other's faces and hear the intonation of voices ...and we'd know how a person is really responding.

I was merely attempting to help Judy understand the difference between helping a needy person and being taken advantage of by those who purposely become a burden on others.

I can quote verse after verse by Paul to show the importance of people carrying their own load, (so to speak) but helping those who are sick, elderly, widowed or in need. It's all a matter of balanced understanding of scripture.

Sweetie, I sent you a PM and hope that explains my intention which was never to hurt or offend you. I wasn't actually responding to you but to Judy...but it came out wrong.

I am so, so sorry you took it wrong and your feelings were hurt. I would NEVER want to hurt or offend you....(and I've been offline a lot due to illness.)

His, you seem like such a sweet spirit - why on earth would I want to hurt and offend a precious person like that?

I am very sorry my post was misunderstood. I humbly ask your forgiveness both in public and privately. :thumbsup:

His, we get a LOT of people (not you) who DO come on this board and they do take a lot of scripture out of context or don't really see it in it's full breadth. I meant no offense to your personally...and you're post is VERY true..we SHOULD help the poor and needy! I agree. Judy's case was just different, that's all.

Cats :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Birthday:  11/25/1983

Cats and I have spoken. I really misunderstood a lot of what was said. Cats is OKAY! I like her. I am slightly...ok, utterly embarassed :thumbsup: that I could misunderstand so much so greatly. I have a lot to learn on my spiritual journey. She and Yod are good friends..I thought she didn't like him. Anyway, apology accepted...NOW, I extend my apologies.

Love, HIS :24:

LOL! :24: YOD knows he's one of my fav's here...and I am almost always in total agreement with him.

I think we're in agreement here too but we express ourselves a little different but that's okay. We're family. We've known each other for ages and I feel real comfortable to be "myself".

Many of us are just "old timers" and are kinda used to each other....more like real family in some ways.

Geez, I send Christmas cards to a bunch of people here and after a box of 40 cards, I had to buy even more... :thumbsup:

So, yea...I think things don't really come out sounding right sometimes when it's intended in another way but that was explained and we're fine.

Satan would LOVE to divide and conquer but Jesus said we are known by our love for one another. Amen. :24:

If you ever see me disagreeing with Cats, then know that I am the one who is wrong!! And if she says anything that offends you there is a serious misunderstanding because she marinates everything in much love and wisdom.

She is Queen of the Worthy Boards and we all love and respect her! :thumbsup::24:

LOL! Aah, I love you, too...my brother. Yer so sweet! {{{{hugs}}}}

See, "him"....told ya, YOD and I are long time buddies.... :thumbsup:

We're all a super family and I love these folks....Satan just hates that though.

Poor guy (Satan)....jus' drives 'em nuts when Christians are united in love.

Bless you and your family, YOD....Merry Christmas and praise to our King Jesus!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I guess as along as you are doing it as unto the Lord and you say thank you, it doesn't really matter. However I was raised to say thank you and please and all the other things. Maybe you could just bring it up in a topic of conversation sometime so no one will get hurt but you will get your point across.

Edited by Rustyangel

I guess as along as you are doing it as unto the Lord and you say thank you, it doesn't really matter. However I was raised to say thank you and please and all the other things.  Maybe you could just bring it up in a topic of conversation sometime so no one will get hurt but you will get your point across.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point, Rusty! :thumbsup: