jaberwockie

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I love God for who He is for sure. His beauty, trueness, love, pureness etc.

Those who loves Him love Him in spirit and truth and they will love to be with Him forever.

Since He has made heaven for those who love Him, one can imagine how beautiful Heaven is.

Heaven is so beautiful, and so shall be the hearts of those people who dwell in it.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

First of all, the question alone do not make sense to me at all.

How can a person who truly love God will think "I love you.. just to enter heaven". Imagine if such person thinks like that gets into heaven, but will hate God in his heart when he sees Him..how much of a heaven can that person really have in heaven?

Because "I love you.. just to enter heaven" sounds like, "if only I can don't love you to enter heaven.. what a fuss!"

Sometimes i wonder whether we are loving god just to enter heaven and its more of a love out of fear of hell than love for god and his works..this is one of my doubts, Hypothetically speaking, If we were to get the message, that we weren't going to heaven, would we still love him with all our fervor? would we give up?

Is it possible to love God so much that you would love him even if you didn't make it to heaven (though that's contradictory since if you loved him so much, you would be going to heaven!)

That would be my ideal form of love, to love him irrespective off our eternal future.

please share your views, i know that when you really love god you don't care about heaven or hell and just loving him is all that you need. but when your fate has been revealed to you, would you still love him with the same strength? this is my question.

That is a tough question to answer, because what you are basically asking is whether or not we would love God if he told us no matter what we do, he is going to send us to burn in hell for eternity.  That isn't the God we find in scripture.  The God we find in scripture is the God that sent his Son to die on a cross, so if we would believe on him and accept him as our Lord and Savior, we could escape the flames of hell, and live eternally with him in a mansion he went away to prepare for us.  That is the God I love.  You are speaking in terms of a god that doesn't exist, and frankly, I don't see how too many people would love a god like that. 

I know who God is based on my interaction with him, and I know how he deals with mankind from scripture.  All I can say is I love God, the true God of the Bible.  Is it because I have the hope of spending eternity in heaven?  I am sure that is part of the reason, but he has also been good to me in spite of my short comings.  He has been better to me than I deserve.  I honestly can't tell you why I love God.  I just know I do. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Sometimes i wonder whether we are loving god just to enter heaven and its more of a love out of fear of hell than love for god and his works..this is one of my doubts, Hypothetically speaking, If we were to get the message, that we weren't going to heaven, would we still love him with all our fervor? would we give up?

Is it possible to love God so much that you would love him even if you didn't make it to heaven (though that's contradictory since if you loved him so much, you would be going to heaven!)

That would be my ideal form of love, to love him irrespective off our eternal future.

please share your views, i know that when you really love god you don't care about heaven or hell and just loving him is all that you need. but when your fate has been revealed to you, would you still love him with the same strength? this is my question.

For me it is out of love that I serve the Lord in gratitude and thankfulness for what he has done for me.  There was a great sacrifice made on my behalf so I could be saved that showed God the Father's love for me.  And I want to see him in heaven just as the words of the old hymn "O I Want To See Him" says. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Here's the words to that song

Oh I Want To See Him

As I journey through this land singing as I go

Pointing souls to Calvary to the crimson flow

Many arrows pierce my soul from without within

But my Lord leads me on through Him I must win.

(chorus)

Oh I want to see Him, look upon His face

There to sing forever of His saving grace

On the streets of glory let me lift my voice

Cares all past, home at last ever to rejoice

When in service for my Lord dark may be the night

But I'll cling more close to Him, He will give me light

Satan's snares may vex my soul, turn my thoughts aside

But my Lord goes ahead leads whate--er betide.

When in valley's low I look toward the mountain height

And behold my Saviour there leading in the fight

With a tender hand outstretched toward the valley low

Guiding me I can see as I onward go.

When before me billows rise from the mighty deep

Then my Lord directs my bark; He doth safely keep

And He leads me gently on through this world below

He's a real friend to me, oh, I love Him so.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

No, because it makes no sense to love God in order to avoid Hell. If I didn't believe in God, I wouldn't believe in Hell, so I wouldn't need to fear it (for now.)

My belief in God, and the Salvation found in Christ causes me to examine the Bible. Once I conclude that God exists, He loves me, He died for me etc, I must also conclude that the entirety of the Bible is true. I examine how the Bible describes man's nature, man's inability to stop sinning without grace, the dire need for God's grace, and so on, and agree that the Bible is right. I then go on to see if man can truly appease a fully Holy God by good works. That's not logical, what does God need from me? So I agree with the Bible that God is only interested in faithfulness. I then look at Jesus' claims, His death etc, you get the point. When I look at how the Bible describes the tangible accurately, I concur with how it describes the spiritual- Salvation, Heaven and Hell. 

For me to love God and fear Hell, I must start from God, and work my way to the definition of Hell. I can't start from a fear of Hell, because Hell is a prominent topic in Islam, Hinduism, Jainism, and so on. So if I started from a fear of Hell, and used that to try to define Truth, I could've turned to any false religion.

Edited by AlanLamb0986

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Much love to you jaberwockie and everyone...

When I was an unbeliever...I heard only: Repent or Go To Hell...There was no love not whatsoever revealed to me at that time...And even in the very beginning I was like the seed that wasn't sewn on fertile ground but on the rocks...I would just slip away at any little ol' doubt that came up...

All that has changed...and since this is a wonderful journey...and we are running a magnificient race...and just knowing that I have been touched "By The Master" Who Is Now My Lord and King...and been filled with His Love and Peace With Grace and Mercy Following us Wherever we Go...Well...The only way I can describe it for me is that I'm not waiting...I am getting to live "Heaven on earth"...and that is the only way I can describe it...Is every second blissful and no problems...No...but we are overcomers of those things now...

See, in the beginning, I had to throw away everything I thought I ever knew...and start all over...all my thoughts needed changing-I was losing my mind, literally-because I needed The Mind of Christ...and I love your signature AlanLamb...Whew...It took me back for a minute but some of us get to live that!!! Oh Yes...The Lord Wants All of us...every bit...and when I got to that point that; that, was my desire, too...I have read your signature twice now and my my...I'm a witness!!!

Would anything separate me now? No...Not even if my final destination is different than what I understand it is...To not live what I am living now on earth...now-that would be the travesty...