IGNORED

Two Witnesses of Rev.11

I have read many commentaries on Revelation 11 and most discuss the identity of who these men are or focus on the fact that television and the internet were forseen 2000 years ago which are required for the world to see their dead bodies. I'm a detail fanatic and something else caught my attention. I've never read or heard anyone address what I am now presenting. I will write the verses out to have a reference and then explain what I found.

Revelation 11:8 

"And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified"

.(9) "And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves."

(10) "And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth."

(11) "And after three days and a half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them."

(12) "And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them."

The part of the above verses that caught my attention I have highlighted in red, And after three days and a half". It seems to me that most people get caught up in the identity or the form of media foretold to ask the simple question that captivated me. Why are we told about the half day? Why do we need to know that detail? Why would 12 hours matter to us? If the verse said that after 3 days they would stand on their feet would that not be accurate? My mind locked onto this like a steel trap. There was something else here, I knew there was some reason for the detail given about the half day. I asked God to reveal to my mind the reason for the half day detail.

Then I suddenly knew the answer. It became cyrstal clear immediately. Daniel's 70th week! The two witnesses begin their ministry on the exact day Daniel's 70th week begins. Revelation 11:3 states: "And I will give power unto my two witnesses and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. They are killed on the exact middle of Daniel's 70th week. Antichrist is his full given power on the exact midweek point. Revelation 13:5 states "And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Let me explain how this all ties together. Daniel was given a prophecy concerning his people and the city of Jerusalem. I will make a detailed post on the Daniel's Seventy Weeks prophjecy in a day or so but for now I'll just deal with the future final "Week". Daniel's 70th Week is a 7 year period using years that have 360 days based of the ancient calender for a total of 2520 days. This "week" of 7 years is divided in half with 1260 days from the beginning to the mid week point followed by another 1260 days to the end point. Jesus Christ returns to earth at the Second Coming on the final day of the 70th week so this is a very important period of time and a very important prophecy.

The 70th week of Daniel's prophecy begins with the nation Israel signing a covenant with many nations. The very day that this covenant is signed starts a count down to the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. The very day the covenant is signed the Two Witnesses of Revelation 11 begin their 1260 days (a thousand two hundred and threescore days) of prophesy. At the mid point, exactly half way through the 70th week the Antichrist will kill God's two witnesses. On this day the Antichrist is given power for 42 months (1260 days) and to trick the world into worshipping him he kills God's two witnesses which nobody else could do. The Antichrist now has full authority and power to continue for 42 months which end the 70th week. When the 70th week is over that very day Jesus Christ returns to earth with His Bride the Church which was Raptured before the 70th week began. Now let me show the significance of the three and a half days for the two witnesses.

The two witnesses began their ministry on the first day of the Daniels 70th week and they continue for 1260 days

((a thousand two hundred and threescore days). On the day of the Mid Week the Antichrist is given full power and to deceive the world into worshipping him he kills the two witnesses. The Two Witnesses prophezied the first half of the 70th week LITERALLY for 1260 days. The Two Witnesses SYMBOLICLY finish the second HALF of the week and are raised from the dead. Why is this important? When the Antichrist kills the two witnesses he deceives the world into worshipping him and demands worship and forces all people to take the mark of the beast, 666. Those who refuse he beheads. The people who are on earth are all people who didn't believe in Jesus at the time He raptured His true believer. The world will be forced to worship Antichrist or be beheaded. The two witnesses symbolically finish the 70th week and are then raised alive to encourage people to surrender their lives and refuse the mark of the beast.

The two witnesses give hope in a hopeless situation. Some people are able to survive without taking the mark of the beast but are forced to run for their lives and will not be able to buy or sell. For these people the witnesses fulfilling the 70th week will give them the strength to resist knowing their is a count down taking place and the end is in sight. For those forced to die rather than receive the mark it will give them the strength to lay down their lives for they have seen with their own eyes that dead men still rise. Many lies will be told and one lie might be that because they missed the rapture there are no second chances. During the 70th week everything will be different, the age of grace will be over. People are forced to decide who they will follow, Jesus Christ or Antichrist. I know that many people will find the courage to resist Antichrist by watching the two witnesses go from lying dead in the street to standing on their feet and then floating up into the clouds. If I saw that happen with my own eyes I would have the courage to allow my head be cut off instead of taking the mark.

The PreTribulation Rapture interpretation is the only interpretation that does not contradict itself when all scripture is examined. I will back up this claim when I start to show the evidence I have for this claim.

by PreTrib Paul

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  6

Just curious, where does it say Israel makes a covenant with many nations?

" he will make a firm covenant with many..." Daniel 9

Which one is Israel? He or many? Why do you think that?

Daniel 9:24-26 is already completed. Daniel 9:27 is talking about the antichrist that is to come. (HE/The antichrist) makes a covenant with Israel.

Daniel 9:24-27 is where you find The Prophecy known as the Seventy Weeks of Daniel or Daniel's seventy weeks concerns the jewish people and the city of Jerusalem.

Daniel 9:24 begins with "Seventy weeks are determined For your people and your holy city", the prophecy is about the jewish people and the nation Israel and the city of Jerusalem.

In verse 27 the He refers to the Antichrist, he is the prince of the people who destroy the city, the Romans refered to in verse 26. 

In our near future the Antichrist will secure a covenant with Israel and many nations which will allow Israel to rebuild their temple which the Romans destroyed in 70ad. Temple sacrifice will start up again until the middle of the 70th week when the antichrist will kill the two witnesses of Revelation11 and stop the daily sacrifice because the antichrist will set up an image of himself in the temple (see Rev.13) I will do a thread on the seventy weeks prophecy which gave the exact day Jesus was cut off from the people April,6th 32ad.

It would be smart to do the Daniel 70 weeks prophecy and then I can show how it ties together with the book of Revelation. I'm going to make a thread called "PreTrib Paul's Prophecy Pages" where I can keep all my prophecy pages in a group for references.

Daniel 9:24-27 is where you find The Prophecy known as the Seventy Weeks of Daniel or Daniel's seventy weeks concerns the jewish people and the city of Jerusalem.

Daniel 9:24 begins with "Seventy weeks are determined For your people and your holy city", the prophecy is about the jewish people and the nation Israel and the city of Jerusalem.

In verse 27 the He refers to the Antichrist, he is the prince of the people who destroy the city, the Romans refered to in verse 26. 

In our near future the Antichrist will secure a covenant with Israel and many nations which will allow Israel to rebuild their temple which the Romans destroyed in 70ad. Temple sacrifice will start up again until the middle of the 70th week when the antichrist will kill the two witnesses of Revelation11 and stop the daily sacrifice because the antichrist will set up an image of himself in the temple (see Rev.13) I will do a thread on the seventy weeks prophecy which gave the exact day Jesus was cut off from the people April,6th 32ad.

It would be smart to do the Daniel 70 weeks prophecy and then I can show how it ties together with the book of Revelation. I'm going to make a thread called "PreTrib Paul's Prophecy Pages" where I can keep all my prophecy pages in a group for references.

Thanks friend, but I'm still not convinced this is the a/c making a covenant with Israel. I know many tell us that is the case, but I need more.. Has Israel ever been referred to as " many" in the bible?

Daniel 9:24-26 is already completed. Daniel 9:27 is talking about the antichrist that is to come. (HE/The antichrist) makes a covenant with Israel.

Not trying to be contentious, but I need more evidence to convince me this is a/c making pact with Israel. It doesn't say Israel, Jews, or the beautiful land. Thanks for helping me here.

Not trying to be contentious, but I need more evidence to convince me this is a/c making pact with Israel. It doesn't say Israel, Jews, or the beautiful land. Thanks for helping me here.

Go here and hit ctrl F and type in Antichrist and read the following..http://biblehub.com/daniel/9-27.htm

Go here and hit ctrl F and type in Antichrist and read the following..http://biblehub.com/daniel/9-27.htm

I'm not sure how to type control f because I have an ipad. Nevertheless, it sounds like you are sending me to someone's commentary. From my perspective, it sounds like the he is the antichrist but I am not convinced the many is Israel.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

PTP

With regard to the OP.  Liked it by the way.

It is my belief that the Two Witnesses appear just prior to the Mid week.  Their appearance is what puts the A/C in a rage, and that makes him set up the A/D in the Temple area.  Thus Satan kills them at least three and one half days prior to Armageddon.  The A/C rules for the first 3 1/2 years, Satan rules for the second 3 1/2 years.

Your OP was very informative, welcome to Worthy.  Waiting/wanting to pick your brain more.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  315
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1959

Do a search on olive tree find out if it is two people or two nations maybe USA and G.B. Because things may change besides look who has been a wittness of christ what nations. So events 1260 days or years, 3 1/2 days, 3 1/2 years which is it, moreover if its a nation then two events them nations stand on their feet and just the dead in christ rise two events. If nations which is what  I think then we should see them being fulfill. Just to name one And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. this sounds like a drone attack to me or the 911 war. THINK about it