wincam

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

I see Spock has posted the website I was going to reference regarding a Hebrew understanding of an old Earth as part of my promised response to Shiloh for the Biblical and scientific support to an OE .  It is on the thread that Shiloh started regarding "A Hebrew Scholar affirms YEC".  Shiloh should enjoy reading this because the Hebrew physicist from MIT, Dr. Gerald Schroeder, approaches the age of the Earth from a true Torah perspective and references a number of Hebrew words and phrases to support the OE position.  This is very interesting reading and shows how science and the Bible can agree.  You will see how the Earth can be created in the 6 day 24-hour period and still have an earth that is billions of years old.  For Shiloh, he evens shows how the Hebrew word "Olam", with the few changes I previously referenced, can be used for the word for "day" and be a longer period of time.  Dr. Schroder is brillant.  I was amazed how science actually validates the creation account, when viewed from a Jewish, Torah perspective.

Yes I agree seeing how it was from that same perspective that they crucified the Lord...

Whoa.  I hope you are not saying what I think you are saying.  Please explain. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,387
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I see Spock has posted the website I was going to reference regarding a Hebrew understanding of an old Earth as part of my promised response to Shiloh for the Biblical and scientific support to an OE .  It is on the thread that Shiloh started regarding "A Hebrew Scholar affirms YEC".  Shiloh should enjoy reading this because the Hebrew physicist from MIT, Dr. Gerald Schroeder, approaches the age of the Earth from a true Torah perspective and references a number of Hebrew words and phrases to support the OE position.  This is very interesting reading and shows how science and the Bible can agree.  You will see how the Earth can be created in the 6 day 24-hour period and still have an earth that is billions of years old.  For Shiloh, he evens shows how the Hebrew word "Olam", with the few changes I previously referenced, can be used for the word for "day" and be a longer period of time.  Dr. Schroder is brillant.  I was amazed how science actually validates the creation account, when viewed from a Jewish, Torah perspective.

Yes I agree seeing how it was from that same perspective that they crucified the Lord...

What? Care to elaborate on this comment?

Sure the Jewish Scholars of that day were such great experts in the law they didn't even

recognize God in Christ but crucified Him... now today those Jewish scholars that still reject

Christ are not any closer to the truth then they! Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

Well, not all Jewish scholars or experts in the Law at that time, but a small group that were afraid of losing their political standing and position with Rome were the ones quick to want Him put to death.  Many, many Jews and even leaders in the Sanhedrin believed in Jesus.  But understand, this was the plan of G-d and Christ was born to be the Passover lamb and the sacrifice for our sins. It had to happen.  Only the Jews could prepare and slaughter the Lamb.  As far as Jews and scholars today, it is hard for them to see their Messiah, especially when the Church history has basically stripped Jesus of His Jewishness and committed the senseless slaughter of so many Jews throughout the ages in Christ's name.  Anti-Semitism exists in many sects of Christianity and calling them Christ-killers, etc.  We may be more responsible for their unbelief than we care to admit.