IGNORED

Is it possible to walk away from every temptation

Guest DRS81

No one's talking about being perfect. I'm talking about committing willful sin. If you commit willful and expect the Lord to forgive those sins, what you're doing is tempting the Lord.

And you expect the blood of the Lord to cover those willful sins, you are trampling on that blood. 

I'll give you a good example. Say a believer falls into a willful sin, then two weeks later he suddenly dies in a car crash before repenting. That believer still goes to heaven. The forgiveness of God is not the same as the forgiveness of man. It's apples and oranges.

So again, you're saying believers can commit willful sins without fear of repercussions. You're saying it doesn't matter if we repent or not because in the end we go to heaven.

No, having the fear of God in this life is not the same as fearing death. A believer no longer has to fear death.

I don't believe in it either. It's a false doctrine that the devil set up to snare the lazy and weak minded. 

OSAS is not a false doctrine man, since we can die at any moment.

And that means what?

What does dying at any moment have to do with it?

It has everything to do with it.

Do you believe that you can get out of the will of God and then go to hell if you are a believer?Have you ever heard of "being put on the shelf?". I think I heard this from Dr.Charles Stanley.

If you step out of the will of God and die as a believer you're still going to heaven.

No, having the fear of God in this life is not the same as fearing death. A believer no longer has to fear death.

Which is what I've been saying. The OSAS doctrine allows for willful sin. If there is no fear of repercussions, it's a free for all. You can do whatever you want, it doesn't matter, because you're still going to heaven in the end.

I don't believe in it either. It's a false doctrine that the devil set up to snare the lazy and weak minded. 

And that means what?

Well then, why don't you tell me a little bit of what that everything is?

Which is what I've been saying. The OSAS doctrine allows for willful sin. If there is no fear of repercussions, it's a free for all. You can do whatever you want, it doesn't matter, because you're still going to heaven in the end.

No the OSAS doctrine doesn't allow for any sin. The doctrine is just stating a fact about the blood of Christ. Nothing more, nothing less.

No the OSAS doctrine doesn't allow for any sin. The doctrine is just stating a fact about the blood of Christ. Nothing more, nothing less.

If it doesn't allow for "any" sin, how is it that there are no consequences for willful sin?

And that means what?

Well then, why don't you tell me a little bit of what that everything is?

For example, say Bob lives a holy life for 10 good years in Christ. Then he suddenly falls into a willful sin. It's a small sin but regardless it was willful. One day he goes to the grocery store. The store gets robbed, and the gunman shoots Bob in the head before Bob can repent. Bob the believer is still on his way to heaven.

If it doesn't allow for "any" sin, how is it that there are no consequences for willful sin?

There are consequences, but one of the consequences is not the loss of your salvation. That's permanent.

For example, say Bob lives a holy life for 10 good years in Christ. Then he suddenly falls into a willful sin. It's a small sin but regardless it was willful. One day he goes to the grocery store. The store gets robbed, and the gunman shoots Bob in the head before Bob can repent. Bob the believer is still on his way to heaven.

How do you know that? Where in the bible does it state that we are free to commit sin? Where does it say that sinners go to heaven?

There are consequences, but one of the consequences is not the loss of your salvation. That's permanent.

Show me from the Word where it states that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Show me from the Word where it states that.

The loss of your salvation is permanent but the security of your salvation is permanent?