IGNORED

Is it possible to walk away from every temptation

Guest DRS81

Interpret this passage for me.

2 Peter 2

20For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.

21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.

Ok, let's look at this.

Romans 8

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Willful sin is walking according to the flesh.

Correct, BUT you can still walk according to the flesh and still be indwelled with the holy spirit. (1 Peter 5:8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.) So repentance is a good idea.

2 Peter 2

20For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.

21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.

2 Peter 2 20-21 is talking about apostacy. They were never saved to begin with. Also, the title of 2 Peter 2 is False Prophets and Teachers in Biblia(dot)com.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 Peter 2

Yea,man that says that you can not mock God and have unrepentant sin and continue to do so.But then do you believe that a person who is a Christian will not go to heaven or that they will lose reward in heaven?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Ok, let's look at this.

Romans 8

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Correct, BUT you can still walk according to the flesh and still be indwelled with the holy spirit. (1 Peter 5:8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.) So repentance is a good idea.

2 Peter 2

2 Peter 2 20-21 is talking about apostacy. They were never saved to begin with. Also, the title of 2 Peter 2 is False Prophets and Teachers in Biblia(dot)com.

I have heard that argument.Was the person truly a believer?

Ok, let's look at this.

Romans 8

So what you're saying is, good and evil are able to share the same vessel.

Show me from the Word where this is taught.

2 Peter 2

But they "believed". You said all one had to do was believe and they were sealed with the Holy Spirit.

If they weren't saved to begin with, why is the latter end worst than the first? If they weren't saved, shouldn't it have been the same?

And what of this passage? Were they not saved to begin with? There's no question that they believed.

Matthew 7

21"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

22Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'

23And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

I have heard that argument.Was the person truly a believer?

The word 'apostasy' in the bible is directed toward the religious nonbeliever.

No, once you are saved evil as in (the devil) cannot possess your soul any longer.

The devil can tempt you but cannot possess you, big difference.

If a believer does evil, it's not evil per say...rather it's called witchcraft.

But they "believed". You said all one had to do was believe and they were sealed with the Holy Spirit.

If they weren't saved to begin with, why is the latter end worst than the first? If they weren't saved, shouldn't it have been the same?

No they didn't believe. Apostates come close but never hit the mark. There's believing......and then there's believing in your heart, big difference. Their latter end is worse because they have corrupted themselves with more sin than say back when they were born or a child.

2 Peter 2:20 is worse with them than the beginning; http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/2-peter-2-20.html

see ( Matthew 12:45 ) . Their beginning, or first estate, was that in which they were born, a state of darkness, ignorance, and sin, and in which they were brought up, and was either the state of Judaism, or of Gentilism; their next estate was an outward deliverance and escape from the error of the one, or of the other, and an embracing and professing the truth of the Christian religion, joined with a becoming external conversation; and this their last estate was an apostasy from the truth of the Gospel they had professed, a reception of error and heresy, and a relapse into sin and immorality, which made their case worse than it was at first; for, generally, such persons are more extravagant in sinning; are like raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; and are seldom, or ever, recovered; and by their light, knowledge, and profession, their punishment will be more aggravated, and become intolerable.

2 Peter 2

Yea,man that says that you can not mock God and have unrepentant sin and continue to do so.But then do you believe that a person who is a Christian will not go to heaven or that they will lose reward in heaven?

Read the passage and understand.

In the beginning they were nonbelievers. They were lost. Where do the lost end up?

That passage says the latter end is worst than the beginning. What can be worst than eternal damnation?

No, once you are saved evil as in (the devil) cannot possess your soul any longer.

The devil can tempt you but cannot possess you, big difference.

If a believer does evil, it's not evil per say...rather it's called witchcraft.

Ok, show me from the Word where it is taught that believers are allowed to practice witchcraft.