Repent1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

I can see where "faith alone" would be a very comforting idea, can't you? If that were true, you wouldn't have to worry about anything you might do. In fact, it would leave you the option of doing anything you might desire. Things such as cheating, lying, committing sexual immorality (and all that it implies) or even murder might be engaged in without fear of any repercussions from God.

I stopped reading after that. Misrepresentation and offensive. And ignorant of the beliefs of those people.

Super Jew - I appreciate you and your posts also! :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest He's taking names

SuperJew I just wanted to say please feel encouraged! I always find your posts insightful and elequent...while i don't post a lot (i only view at work during my lunch break) i have appreciated the effort you put into your responses. You have helped clarify my understanding of several things since beginning to view this forum...please don't stop brother!!!

:)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

.  Webster's dictionary defines grace as "unconstrained and undeserved divine favor or goodwill". 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greetings dgolvach,

I pray you the blessings of the Alpha and the Omega :)

[You said]

The term "Grace" has a definition as "Unmerited favor"

[My testimony]

You

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Well Work in Progress and taking names, thank you for your kind words. :)

Repent....Until you respond to my original post on the issue, I will not have further dialogue. I spent time and effort responding to what you put forth and all you do is repost the stuff. If you want open and honest dialogue with me then please, respond to what I wrote.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Well Work in Progress and taking names, thank you for your kind words. :24:

Repent....Until you respond to my original post on the issue, I will not have further dialogue. I spent time and effort responding to what you put forth and all you do is repost the stuff. If you want open and honest dialogue with me then please, respond to what I wrote.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greetings SJ,

God bless :24:

I posted a direct response to your posting in post #17 on the board, and as I said, your posting is so extensive that I will have to respond in sections, a couple each night.

Is your Attitude the Indwelling spirit working?

[Colossians 3:12-17]

12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels (affections) of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

14 And above all these things put on charity (love), which is the bond of perfectness

(Lacking nothing essential).

15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Your brethren in Christ,

Repent1.... :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I believe we can let go of God but He does not let go of us......

I believe that we can loose rewards but we can repent ...........

I don't know if all will agree but I do believe we can loose our salvation if we turn our backs on God and refuse to repent or turn back to God.

now some will say that if thats the case they were not saved to begin with.. I would dissagree but God is the final judge and we do not walk in thier shoes.

Case in point

I lost 2 kids 6 months apart due to sickness aplastic anemia and leukemia (25 years ago)

I loved the Lord but this almost distroyed me if not for the Lord I would have died myself but I have to tell you that I was angry at God for awhile and could have turned my back on Him real easy..... To loose those kids one 2 one 4 was heartbreaking..........

so to say well they were not chrisitan to begin with is not valid .........

anyway my thoughts no one has to agree

In Christ

IreneM

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Grace is well demonstrated in almost any insurance policy that a person might have. It is a period of time granted to those who are unable to meet the date, and financial terms of a contract. I gives additional time to the recipient in order to meet those terms. It is also demonstrated in our court systems when the courts recognize altered behaviour by granting parole to those who have demonstrated that they are chnging their minds about their lifestyles.

I can personally see both of these concepts in our relationship with our God. He is the high Judge, and we have been found guilty, and sentenced to death. God's grace delays the carrying out of that death sentence, which in reality is eternal death to our personal relationship with Him. This relationship was originaly intended to be exactly the same as our personal relationships with those we live with on a daily basis. This length of this delay is based on His personal knowledge of each individuals intellectual ability to process, and respond to His total plan for the salvation of that relationship which is a process of conviction, confession, asking Him for His forgiveness, and repentance which is a total dedication to a changed lifestyle. It is obvious in our world system that the neccessity for these things come about because of our freewills to make behavioral choices, and it follows that the outcome of where we will spend our eternity will also come about as a result of that freewill to choose. No one can nor will force us into a choice in the matter. And of course like with the grace extended for the insurance there are condititions that have to be met, the same as with the parole, and if they are not, the grace has been refected so it is with God's grace we can of our own freewill choice walk away from it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

The eighth chapter of Romans, the sixth and tenth chapter of Hebrews, the seventh chapter of Matthew, the first and second chapter of James, and many more confirm faith without works of righteousness of the spirit, is a dead faith; it will die even though the Lord tries to water it !

It is a faith that even the devils have, yet do not repent !

I found this little verse a few years back that settled the issue so simply!

Hebrews.5:9;

8Although He was a Son, He learned [active, special] obedience through what He suffered

9And, [His completed experience] making Him perfectly [equipped], He became the Author and Source of eternal salvation to all those who (GIVE HEED and OBEY HIM) !!

Agape; Ephraim.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

The eighth chapter of Romans, the sixth and tenth chapter of Hebrews, the seventh chapter of Matthew, the first and second chapter of James, and many more confirm faith without works of righteousness of the spirit, is a dead faith; it will die even though the Lord tries to water it !

It is a faith that even the devils have, yet do not repent !

I found this little verse a few years back that settled the issue so simply!

Hebrews.5:9;

8Although He was a Son, He learned [active, special] obedience through what He suffered

9And, [His completed experience] making Him perfectly [equipped], He became the Author and Source of eternal salvation to all those who (GIVE HEED and OBEY HIM) !!

Agape; Ephraim.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let's see, I responded to everything in your first paragraph already.

However, I have never seen Hebrew 5:9 as a justification for lost salvation. Let me ask you, it says that those who obey Christ gain eternal life. What does it mean to "obey His commandments"? What were His commandments concerning salvation?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Dear; S.J.

The N.T. is the very Rhema of God for salvation; Heb.5:9; is just showing a very small but important part of that way of salvation; which is that our faith in Him also needs obedience to be made perfect.

Agape; Ephraim.