• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

The pool of Bethesda.

Whenever I read Scripture I am always keen to ask questions, for example lets have a look two separate accounts of Divine healing as given at,

Mat 12:22 Then one was brought to Him who was demon-possessed, blind and mute; and He healed him, so that the blind and mute man both spoke and saw.

And compare this with,

Jhn 5:1 After this there was a feast of the Jews, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

To verse 14 inclusive

Jhn 5:14 Afterward Jesus found him in the temple and said to him, ?See, you are well! Sin no more, that nothing worse may happen to you.?

And ask yourself,

1. Why is it that in the first example it only requires 1 verse, whereas in the second example requires 14 verses ?

2. Why is it that in the second example, we are given a detailed description of the location ?

3. Why does verse 5 mention 38 years ?

4. Why is this further confirmed by Jesus in verse 6 when we are told that He says, ?and knew that he had already been there a long time? ?

5. Why did Jesus ask, "Do you want to be healed?", when it is quite obvious why the invalid was there, ...

6. Why did the invalid not say yes ?

7. Can any significance be attached to our Lord?s words at verse 8 ?

8. Why did Jesus withdraw, and therefore have to find him in another location, when He could have said, ?See, you are well! Sin no more, that nothing worse may happen to you.? when He had the invalids attention at the pool ?

9. What is the sin to which Jesus refers in verse 14, and what could be the something worse that may happen ?

I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Thank you.