IGNORED

State of Emergency - Snowfall

Guest DRS81

If he roads are open, and I can at all get through legally, I drive.  If the roads are closed, I don't drive.  I just encountered that situation about a month ago in Wyoming.  I had to sit for an entire day in Laramie because of high winds, and a prohibition on high profile vehicles.  Had I gone through and been blown over, I would have been at fault.  I would rather face criticism for refusing to drive in it and be late with a load, than risk the fall out of a preventable accident. 

The other day, I was driving through the storm around Michigan City about an hour before the big accident took place.  It was hard to see, and the roads were icy in spots, but the road was open, and so were the businesses.  I have driven through some terrible storms to get to work before I got into truck driving, and have driving through terrible storms to get through with a load, but I won't drive when the road is closed.  What excuse could I give when something happens? 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they would get into trouble, but if they are going to demand it......   let them be responsible for breaking the law.   When the shoe is in their foot, the scheme of things usually change a lot.

Why in the world would bosses or CEO's keep business's open. I don't understand that. Are they just money greedy.

~

They Can't Be

For Everybody Knows

The Only One Shopping Is Mrs. Yeti

And She Only Pays In Red, White And Blue Snowballs :)

~

Praying For All Who Are Out In This Weather

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

In my state, if they call a level 2 or 3, we can't drive.

What if say your work gives you a hard time and says you gotta come in,

what do you say to them..do you say, "sorry, bye bye". :mgcheerful:

usually in that case they let us work from home on our remote computers, and if power is out then we just take a snow day off.