• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

God is first and foremost a holy God and He doesn't tolerate sin.

Never forget, you are a sinner.

Edited by jerryR34

And for the record, I will not be receiving any lectures on the Bible from an unbeliever like yourself.

sounds like you should...Refresher courses are often needed.  I'm here for you.

Sorry but you need Jesus.  I don't need anything from you.

Maybe you need to give compassion...maybe that is why Jesus put me into your life...maybe you DO need somthing from me.  And just because Worthy thinks I'm a "Nonbeliever" does not mean I am.

Edited by jerryR34

Maybe you need to give compassion...maybe that is why Jesus put me into your life...maybe you DO need somthing from me.  And just because Worthy thinks I'm a "Nonbeliever" does not mean I am.

If you believe that homosexuality is not a sin, that would place your status as "believer" as a non-starter, because it quite clearly is a sin and no one who actually knows Christ as their Savior would support homosexuality, say it was not a sin, or condone it's practice.

there is only one judge.  The lack of humility here astounds me.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

Greetings Jerry. 

Would you mind sharing with us what leads you to suppose you are a "believer"?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  3

And your penchant for avoiding the subject of sin astounds us.

Humility has nothing to do with it.  It is somehow un-humble to point out sin?  It is judging to say that someone slipping your wallet out of your pocket is committing a crime?

If you believe yourself to be a Christian, then you are using the same tactics that every liberal Christian uses to enable themselves to carry the mantle but subscribe to nothing more than a Christian Lite doctrine with no real substance to it.

It is not judging to say that homosexuality is a sin, since that is exactly what God calls it.  When you assign an eternal punishment to it, then you judge. 

No judging going on, just a conversation that isn't going the way you wish it to.

Actually "judging" (as a sin) is concluding that something bad about someone is so without sufficient evidence; or assuming what is in the heart which only the Lord knows.

To find that scripture specifically mentions certain sins as leading to the Lake of Fire, is not judging, but giving heed to the Word of God.

"8 But for the fearful, and unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, their part shall be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone; which is the second death." Rev 21

"For this ye know of a surety, that no fornicator, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God."

9 Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men,  10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.  11 And such were some of you: but ye  were washed, but ye were sanctified, but ye were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God. < 1 Cor 6

At the same time, we realize that all men are born sinners & thus under condemnation.  Also we realize that trust in the Lord Jesus as Savior releases us from all punishment for sin, as He paid for our sins on the cross.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  7

If you believe that homosexuality is not a sin, that would place your status as "believer" as a non-starter, because it quite clearly is a sin and no one who actually knows Christ as their Savior would support homosexuality, say it was not a sin, or condone it's practice.

If there is only one judge, then why judge the humility of others?

Guest shiloh357

Yet you presume sit in judgment on us.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Actually "judging" (as a sin) is concluding that something bad about someone is so without sufficient evidence; or assuming what is in the heart which only the Lord knows.

If you know someone is is having sex with someone else of the same sex, by their own admission, then pointing out it is sin is not judging because the evidence has already been supplied.  And that isn't even what we are talking about.  No one is being judged in the thread.  Jerry doesn't think gay sex is a sin.

But what if homosexuality is not a sin? A sin should be something that is known to have a negative effect on the person and the community, and homosexuality does neither of those.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

The Gospel is the same for all. We are all sinners. Christ paid for our sins on the cross. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

The Gospel is the same for all.

We are all sinners.

Christ paid for our sins on the cross.

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.

Are you implying that I am not saved? I believe in Christ, that is enough for me, or anyone to be saved.