alexd

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Let me start off as well by saying I am not Christian, but that is not the topic of this post.

Okay, just reply here if you started off as a religion besides Christianity, and if so, how did you become a Christian? I am very interested in hearing your stories! So feel free to post here if you have one of the particular stories, and if you dont have one, just reply to others stories.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Alexd, this is the short version

I have spent some time in the army, drinking, partying, blah, blah, blah........

When six of my friends were killed in an horrible way, whilst begging for their lives, i realised how quick life could be snuffed out. I was broken by guilt because i hadn't been there to help them. But really in all honesty, i would have just been another dead corpse if i had been there.

Deeper into drinking, not being able to get to sleep at night without one. I became angry and bitter with myself. It's okay, to say I wasn't to blame, but that's how i felt. Why? Because I hadn't told them about Heaven and Jesus. But I wasn't a Christian, yet all my life, i've known he's real.

Then someone said something so simple, it just flicked a light switch on in my head. And I got saved, no more drinking from that day on.

Washed in the Blood of the Lamb

Anne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Not long ago I refused to assign myself to any following. I believed what I did because it felt right to me. I absorbed as much of the relevent information as I was moved to consider and weighed it accordingly. I was getting pretty cold. I was smoking, drinking, cursing and generally uncaring about my physical condition. I was withdrawn from my family and spending much of my time playing video games.

A few months ago I was just beginning my nightly session of gaming with a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other. I looked at each hand and asked myself if I needed either thing to live. The obvious answer is no. I again looked at each hand and asked myself if either of these things brought me joy and happiness. Again the answer was no. So I was forced to ask myself why I thought I needed them. After I came to the realization I closed my eyes and wept. As I wept I prayed to God to save me from myself. Immediately I felt my craving for cigarettes go away. The next morning I woke without a single craving and went 3/4 of the day feeling incredibly free. I knew then that God was there for me and wanted me free of this burden. That evening I was beginning my nightly session of gaming when without a thought I began smoking the last of a pack. When I woke up the next morining I lit another cigarette and began to smoke it. I experienced a chest pain that wost most uncomfortable. This pain went on for almost 30 minutes. In my mind I heard more or less " we can do this the easy way or the hard way". Needless to say I spent the next hour repenting as the pain slowly resided. I have not smoked another cigarette since nor have I had the first craving or withdrawl.

Quitting smoking was just a side effect but also the most obvious clue. Its a package deal. I gave myself to him and now these decissions I make have more obvious consequences. Because he loves me and I him I now know that my misfortunes were results of bad choices for which I was surely being chastened.

I now know he loves me and I love him and when he chastens me I know he does it for those reasons. But Oh how I love to be reminded.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Sometimes you get what you wish for. I spent alot of my youth wishing for certain things to happen. Its like you tell yourself " if I could get these things or that person or that job, I would be happy". Then you get it and still you find yourself unsatisfied. I asked myself " whats up with this?"." Why can't I be happy?". This can drive a person towards the looney bend or God. One of my favorite books in the Bible is Ecclesiastes. Why not learn from Solomon's mistakes. Truely profound and practical. He had more money, sex, power, knowledge ect. than anyone in history. It didn't work for him so why would it work for anyone else? Only God can fill the empty spaces we have.

Dan

Guest hopefull messenger
Let me start off as well by saying I am not Christian, but that is not the topic of this post.

Okay, just reply here if you started off as a religion besides Christianity, and if so, how did you become a Christian? I am very interested in hearing your stories! So feel free to post here if you have one of the particular stories, and if you dont have one, just reply to others stories.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it was about nineteen or twenty years ago that i became a christian,some say they found GOD i say he found me it was me that was lost not GOD, BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY.

i went to church with my family well most, my dad was never eager to step foot in a church building.

but as i grew older i went my own way, most of the time iwas asleep during the service so i dont know why i went any way but as a kid if mom said you go then you go .

i was about 26 maybe a little older that i went through an invitation to a church meeting thinking ohhhhh GOD bible bashers here we come not looking for anything or so i thought just to keep the peace between me and friends who were christians at that time.

during the meeting something strange happened im usually very laid back and let things go over me but this was something different ,anger from deep within came up and i wanted to stab someone at that time being six feet tall and built like a football player i could possibly have done some damage , i left the building to try to calm down or even look for some one ,but having got to grips with my self i went back and spoke to my pastor or vicar whichever you choose to say id known him for quite sometime and i trusted him, he asked if he could pray for me and i said anything just to get rid of this feeling inside i didnt want it.

some one in the congregation had made a big cross for the occasion and i was led to it .the next thing i knew it felt wave after wave after wave going over me, just like being sat near the beech and the waves washing over you.

but the dsay before that i had that same feeling and while at some friends they said go over to the church building me being the mach type said i would be fine but in the end i went its unusual for churches to be open near were i live because of vandals, but this day it was open this feeling got worse as i got near the door and i thought about just turning round and going the other way but i just put my hand out and touched the door and this feeling just went as soon as it had come,

now that freaked me so i went inside and just said look jesus if you are real then youd better prove yourself, and then i burst out crying i pullee myself together the best i could and then left then the following day was the meeting were jesus prove himself to me .

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

:thumbsup: I became a satanist at the age of 17. Lived for mySelf and almost died of Self indulgence. I came to Christ and have been serving Him for 23 years.........God is faithful!