• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

NYTimes ran an article on an investigation by a number of physicists as to the universe being a computer simulation...fascinating hypothesis.

The concept has been around for a while.  It does appear like we do live in an Electrical DIGITAL Simulation.  There's a Finite end in Largeness and a Finite Limit in Smallness  (10-33cm).....and it's digitized (quanta) not analog (Time is also Digitized).  That is, if you take something and keep on cutting it in half.... once you cross that threshold the whatever "loses locality"..... That is, it's connected to everything else in the Universe. And it may be from this and other factors that the Universe could be a Hologram.

Surprisingly, the Bible seems to speak to that in a sense in that we are just a shadow of a larger reality.  Then to start to consider the Multi-Dimensionality...4 Knowable (3-Spatial + Time Dimension) and 6 Unknowable then it starts to come together a bit.  Nachmanides in the 13th Century in his Genesis Commentary stated that there were 4 Knowable Dimensions and 6 Unknowable.  Now wait just one minute LOL

Then......"Shadow of a Larger Reality"; Scientific American; p. 57-63, June 2005.

Relax Lurkers....Just thinking out loud and speculating but I find some of it compelling.  Very difficult to put it together with so many unknowns

Were there an Initial 10 Dimensions before the Fall.....again, pure speculation on my part....it's possible.  Then all bets are off Times 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000------> concerning constants (they are already :) ) LOL

It's funny, if I said the chair you're sitting in is empty space and you said I'm crazy, it's not....I would be more correct that it's empty by the ratio of 1 second to 30 million years LOL.

Light LOL....Wave/Particle and in some experiments, can't recall off the top of my head, it appears that @ some points when you split it....each knows what the other one is doing...What In The WORLD!!!!  And then it behaves differently when it's observed....What in The World!!!!!

Yes Yes, off the Deep End  :)

I have a TON of Questions for the LORD  :)

So, the Matrix is real! :cool:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Thinking the best of reality in the infinite place 'IS' In the beginning... as God in all His endless

wonder thought this is good, this is a good place to start. With His Word then inserted in that

beginning of concepts of whatsoever He willed it was so... when I look at the things formed from

His Word I realize what Jesus meant:

For the rich who cannot see past their own provision-

Matt 19:26

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible;

but with God all things are possible.

KJV

For a father who cannot find hope past the power of disease-

Mark 9:23

23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to

him that believeth.

KJV

To The Son Who was to have all sin put upon Himself to save His Beloved of God-

Mark 14:36

36 And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away

this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

KJV

So knowing the power in His Word as it is all that we actually do know and witness everyday in the

things that are here... this is the point of creation that we should not cling to the example but

To God Who 'IS' everlasting in the increase of continuance of whatsoever You Will Father...

Love, Steven

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

NYTimes ran an article on an investigation by a number of physicists as to the universe being a computer simulation...fascinating hypothesis.

The concept has been around for a while.  It does appear like we do live in an Electrical DIGITAL Simulation.  There's a Finite end in Largeness and a Finite Limit in Smallness  (10-33cm).....and it's digitized (quanta) not analog (Time is also Digitized).  That is, if you take something and keep on cutting it in half.... once you cross that threshold the whatever "loses locality"..... That is, it's connected to everything else in the Universe. And it may be from this and other factors that the Universe could be a Hologram.

Surprisingly, the Bible seems to speak to that in a sense in that we are just a shadow of a larger reality.  Then to start to consider the Multi-Dimensionality...4 Knowable (3-Spatial + Time Dimension) and 6 Unknowable then it starts to come together a bit.  Nachmanides in the 13th Century in his Genesis Commentary stated that there were 4 Knowable Dimensions and 6 Unknowable.  Now wait just one minute LOL

Then......"Shadow of a Larger Reality"; Scientific American; p. 57-63, June 2005.

Relax Lurkers....Just thinking out loud and speculating but I find some of it compelling.  Very difficult to put it together with so many unknowns

Were there an Initial 10 Dimensions before the Fall.....again, pure speculation on my part....it's possible.  Then all bets are off Times 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000------> concerning constants (they are already :) ) LOL

It's funny, if I said the chair you're sitting in is empty space and you said I'm crazy, it's not....I would be more correct that it's empty by the ratio of 1 second to 30 million years LOL.

Light LOL....Wave/Particle and in some experiments, can't recall off the top of my head, it appears that @ some points when you split it....each knows what the other one is doing...What In The WORLD!!!!  And then it behaves differently when it's observed....What in The World!!!!!

Yes Yes, off the Deep End  :)

I have a TON of Questions for the LORD  :)

So, the Matrix is real! :cool:

Yes, Mr Anderson  :cool:   I Reckon So

Creation theology expressed in song:

~~~~

Stars

From Illuminate, by David Crowder Band

You should see the stars tonight

How they shimmer shine so bright

Against the black they look so white

Coming down from such a height

To reach me now, you reach me now

You should see the moon in the flight

Cutting 'cross the misty night

Softly dancing in sunshine

Reflections of this light

Reach me now, you reach me now

And how could such a thing

Shine its light on me

And make everything beautiful again

And you should feel the sun in the spring

Coming out after a rain

Suddenly all is green

Sunshine on everything

I can feel it now, I feel you now

And how could such a thing

Shine its light on me

And make everything beautiful

And you should hear the angels sing

All gathered round their King

More beautiful than you could dream

I've been quietly listening

You can hear 'em now, I hear em now

And how could such a king

Shine His light on me

And make everything beautiful

And I wanna shine

I wanna be light

I wanna tell you it'll be all right

And I wanna shine and I wanna fly

Just to tell you now

It'll be all right, it'll be all right

It'll be all right.

'Cause I've got nothing of my own to give to you

But this light that shines on me shines on you

And makes everything beautiful, again.

It'll be all right, it'll be all right.

http://www.jango.com/music/David+Crowder+Band?l=0

No, self influence is not possible.  Do you believe you would be a Christian if you had grown up in China?  

:thumbsup:

All Things Are Possible

And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. Mark 10:26-27

Many of China's churches are overflowing, as the number of Christians in the country multiplies. In the past, repression drove people to convert - is the cause now rampant capitalism?

It is impossible to say how many Christians there are in China today, but no-one denies the numbers are exploding.

The government says 25 million, 18 million Protestants and six million Catholics. Independent estimates all agree this is a vast underestimate. A conservative figure is 60 million. There are already more Chinese at church on a Sunday than in the whole of Europe.

The new converts can be found from peasants in the remote rural villages to the sophisticated young middle class in the booming cities. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14838749

With God

Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son. Genesis 18:14

How many Christians are in China?

The lack of credible statistics on how many Christians are in China today have led to estimate that vary widely.

At one end, some Bible organizations claim that there are as many as 200 million Christians in China already, not without the hope of encouraging continued flow of support for their many programs for aiding the Christians in China.

At the other end, the Chinese Communist Party most recently reported 18 million as the number of baptized Christians in China's Three Self churches in 2004.

To conservatively estimate how many Christians are in China today, let's start with the 18 million figure (the number of baptized Three Self church Christians in 2004). http://www.billionbibles.org/china/how-many-christians-in-china.html

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I think this is one of the first threads I posted in when I joined this site last month, but my view of Genesis 1 was very limited. I spent most of my life seeing the first chapter of the bible as just an account of creation that must (MUST) be accepted as word-for-word-literal, so I never allowed myself to look deeper. I've since rejected the need to see it as such (not that I can't view it as literal, but it's no longer a necessity).
I had recently stumbled onto the idea that the specific 7 day creation week was meant to parallel the 7 day jewish work week (which I posted here last month). Since then, seeing the different ideas of people here and really diving into the Word, Genesis has exploded with new meaning. Like a big bang. haha. :)

My belief is that God is telling His people, "This is how I turned the darkness into a new dawning!" more so than "Look at what I can do in 24 hours!"

Here is why.

While the last interpretation may give you a sense of the bigness of God, it also makes Him seem, well, "out there", unapproachable. The first gives a sense of the nearness of God, like the gentle hands caressing an injured bird an healing its wings. Instead of God's magnificence being the "big power", His magnificence is being the healer, the deliverer, the restorer - like we see Jesus when He walked this earth.

When darkness is surrounding me and my life is in chaos, I don't need the Great Cosmic Being who created a septillion stars and innumerably more planets in 24 hours, I need the God who is attached to my chaos, darkness, and void, and will bring me into His light, make order of the chaos, and bring new life out of the void.

Knowing God for His power did not make the people fall in love with Him. In fact, they kept disrespecting His power time and time again (grumbling, complaining, disobeying).

So what would be the most likely scenario of what was in His heart - another description of His power, or a description of His love, healing, and deliverance, traits that would more likely draw His people to love Him?

In Genesis 1:2, the Spirit of God moved over the earth.  This is the Strong's definition for the word "moved".  The Spirit of God moved over the earth like an eagle broods over or cherishes her young. There was love and tenderness, not just creative power. :)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Sheniy - I had recently stumbled onto the idea that the specific 7 day creation week was meant to parallel the 7 day jewish work week (which I posted here last month). Since then, seeing the different ideas of people here and really diving into the Word, Genesis has exploded with new meaning. Like a big bang. haha.

I love Chesterton's use of "sufficient delicacy" as it can relate to reading and understanding, and this certainly applies quite well to Genesis 1. It is interesting that Bible scholars too can view with different interpretations.  Though one should be open minded when studying Gen. 1 ultimately we will arrive at our particular interpretation/perspective, or hopefully so. 

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Sheniy - I had recently stumbled onto the idea that the specific 7 day creation week was meant to parallel the 7 day jewish work week (which I posted here last month). Since then, seeing the different ideas of people here and really diving into the Word, Genesis has exploded with new meaning. Like a big bang. haha.

I love Chesterton's use of "sufficient delicacy" as it can relate to reading and understanding, and this certainly applies quite well to Genesis 1. It is interesting that Bible scholars too can view with different interpretations.  Though one should be open minded when studying Gen. 1 ultimately we will arrive at our particular interpretation/perspective, or hopefully so. 

=============================================================================

Hey Tolken,

Don't know who Chesterton is or any delicacies

It is interesting that Bible scholars too can view with different interpretations.

Well there is no 'Private" interpretation....

(2 Peter 1:20) "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation."

And please don't say this only speaks to 'Prophecy".  That is too say..."there are no Private interpretations of Prophecy but many of Scripture" :huh:

There is only ONE TRUE interpretation of THE WORD....That's the PLAIN WORD OF GOD. 

"Bible Scholars" have "different Interpretations" for the same reasons that Joe Coffee and Betty Breadmaker have ..... they conjure and impose meaning to the text that's not there to conform to an "a priori" World View derived from Humanistic Thought and balanced to what "They Think" is right or "Just" or to conform to the latest "science" theory.

Though one should be open minded when studying Gen. 1 ultimately we will arrive at our particular interpretation/perspective, or hopefully so.

GOD is not the Author of Confusion.  Your scenario above would result in what?  Absolute confusion and relativism.....IMHO, I don't think that's what GOD had in mind.

I think this is one of the first threads I posted in when I joined this site last month, but my view of Genesis 1 was very limited. I spent most of my life seeing the first chapter of the bible as just an account of creation that must (MUST) be accepted as word-for-word-literal, so I never allowed myself to look deeper. I've since rejected the need to see it as such (not that I can't view it as literal, but it's no longer a necessity).

I had recently stumbled onto the idea that the specific 7 day creation week was meant to parallel the 7 day jewish work week (which I posted here last month). Since then, seeing the different ideas of people here and really diving into the Word, Genesis has exploded with new meaning. Like a big bang. haha. :)

<snip>

In Genesis 1:2, the Spirit of God moved over the earth.  This is the Strong's definition for the word "moved".  The Spirit of God moved over the earth like an eagle broods over or cherishes her young. There was love and tenderness, not just creative power. :)

Cool!

I'm glad this thread has blessed you!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Enoch2021 - Don't know who Chesterton is or any delicacies

GK Chesterton is a treasure and was a great influence on CS Lewis, Tolkein, among many others. The point being that one can read Genesis, or scripture in general, and gain a shallow but sufficient understanding or with "sufficient delicacy" (delicacy as in sensitivity of perception and discrimination) study the Word in greater depth and understanding.

Enoch2021 -

"Bible Scholars" have "different Interpretations" for the same reasons that Joe Coffee and Betty Breadmaker have ..... they conjure and impose meaning to the text that's not there to conform to an "a priori" World View derived from Humanistic Thought and balanced to what "They Think" is right or "Just" or to conform to the latest "science" theory.

This is obviously not true at all, unless of course you are confessing to "conjuring and imposing" as well? 

Edited by Tolken