• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  161
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

Hey everyone,

So I've been thinking lately where god REALLY stands in my life. I've been reading the bible but I always start out great in the beginning of the week...then when it comes to the middle/end of the week I loose interest..this goes on for awhile. I pray & listen to christian music. But what I'm thinking right now is, Am I TRYING too hard? Am I pushing myself to do this & that instead of just "going with the flow" ? When things go great I'm happy and i read the bible etc but when things go down I either want to give up the fight and commit suicide, or I consider walking away from the lord. I feel useless cause I can't seem to stand firm in my decision to follow the lord..Am I the only one who feels like giving up? What do I do? I really wanna start fresh with the lord but I've been trying for so long. I always think about the times when I was passionate for god & how I didn't care what people thought about me. I had no shame - when i was in school I would read the bible on my class breaks in the student centre... But now, honestly, I feel myself falling away from the lord. The harder I try to 'get myself together' the worse things turn out. Thinking about where god stands in my life saddens me cause honestly I know he's not number one in my heart. And now I remember that the lord looks at the heart & not the outward appearance etc. Advice would be appreciated. thanks gbu!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Hey everyone,

So I've been thinking lately where god REALLY stands in my life. I've been reading the bible but I always start out great in the beginning of the week...then when it comes to the middle/end of the week I loose interest..this goes on for awhile. I pray & listen to christian music. But what I'm thinking right now is, Am I TRYING too hard? Am I pushing myself to do this & that instead of just "going with the flow" ? When things go great I'm happy and i read the bible etc but when things go down I either want to give up the fight and commit suicide, or I consider walking away from the lord. I feel useless cause I can't seem to stand firm in my decision to follow the lord..Am I the only one who feels like giving up? What do I do? I really wanna start fresh with the lord but I've been trying for so long. I always think about the times when I was passionate for god & how I didn't care what people thought about me. I had no shame - when i was in school I would read the bible on my class breaks in the student centre... But now, honestly, I feel myself falling away from the lord. The harder I try to 'get myself together' the worse things turn out. Thinking about where god stands in my life saddens me cause honestly I know he's not number one in my heart. And now I remember that the lord looks at the heart & not the outward appearance etc. Advice would be appreciated. thanks gbu!

Maybe you are trying too hard.We can not have control of our life God has control of our life.Just ask God to take control of your body,your mind and your heart.Ask God to search your heart and make it known to you what changes need to be made.God is the potter I am the clay.I ask Him to mold me into who He wants me to be.God has a wonderful plan for your life.You have at one time asked God into your heart and your life.He won't move if anyone moves it is you.He will always be with you.

Thanks bopeep, I'll keep that in mind :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hey everyone,

That you're making an effort and asking this question is proof that you're on the right track...

My experience: I made the decision to enter into a relationship with God after a helluva week of fighting Him. I could actually sense he was pursuing me. So instead of running I made the decision. I was committed to that decision, so I needed to change a few things. I was ready for anything...

I have these really heart to heart talks with God, and asked him to guide me. I knew ZERO about what it would entail.

It's amazing how over time the most change was internal. I stumbled and backslid now and again, but each time I leaned into God, he leaned into me...

I truly am here thanks to His Guidance. God really is graceful and He knows your heart...

But what makes a difference is that i made that commitment - God is number one. I seek his guidance each day. But not to the extent that I feel I'm trying too hard... In the beginning it felt that way. Until I realized that I was not trusting God enough. That's when I stepped back and allowed God to lead. Enjoy the journey. Have a sense of wonder about it. Don't be hard on yourself. Talk with God through every circumstance...

Just be you, praise and talk with him daily. He will meet you where you are. Stay blessed

Edited by Sunflower

Thanks heaps sun flower! I guess I should just let god take the lead .. :)

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

MissKaylay,

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7 ("be careful" means be anxious for nothing).

I would humbly advise that you, as should we all, trust fully (100%) in The Lord and in His ability to teach, guide and save us in and from all things. So, just don't worry! :) because none of us by thought can add a cubit to our stature. - Luke 12:24-26. Its sort of a good thing that you are concious about regressing... many are not so concious. Be concious but not anxious to the extent that you doubt.

"And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea. And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear. But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?" -Matthew 14:25-31

Its natural to be discouraged. Elijah was discouraged when hunted by Jezzabel (1 Kings 19:4), so was Job in his adversities, Paul in his persecutions... and so on. Just pray and read the holy Bible as often as possible, believeing without doubt that God will answer perfectly in His time, because He is perfect and He mercifully answers prayers. "But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord." -James 1:6-8

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." - 2 Corinthians 12:10

Phil 4:13 - Believe, no matter what it looks like, no matter how long it takes. GOD is Faithful and He never fails, particularly not His own.

Edited by HISservant7