IGNORED

To cover or not to cover ?

Izzel

Head covering   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should Christian women cover their heads ?

• YES
    • NO
    • OTHER

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,197
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

pedroondonkey.jpgGetty up donkey before she starts talking about Balaam...

Guest Butero

Let's you and I disarm here and speak to one another as brothers In Christ! Address honestly

each others questions and assume nothing of intent by those answers but the answer itself!

In the case of the woman caught in the act of adultery, the people brought her to Jesus so they could bring an accusation against him.  He handled things in a way where he didn't fall into their trap.  He didn't ignore the law of Moses when it said she should be stoned if there be 2 or 3 witnesses, but he did things in a way where the witnesses left.  He didn't tell them to stone her, where he could be accused to the Roman government.

John 8:3-4

3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and

when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was

taken in adultery, in the very act.

KJV for there to be just a Sadducee and a Pharisee singular there would have been two!

And they witnessed "in the very act"! So why are you not saying to The Lord why are you not

stoning her... it is written to do so? The spiritual life is so much more than dress this way;

wear your hair that way; it is matters of the heart ... you see although I gave you a verse where

it says God doesn't look on the outward appearance but on the heart- that should have been a clue

to you that what Paul was talking about was outward testimony that we as men can only see. While

our outward witness speaks to man only the inward does God look upon. Why do we do what we do and

how does this glorify God in my body and that was what the Elder of that Church was counseling in

that time and in that culture... You do believe in contextualization don't you?

There is nothing in scripture that says it is a shame for a woman to let down her hair in public. 

I don't go by extra Biblical books on cultural matters.  There is scripture that says it is a shame

for men to have long hair.  The woman was worshipping Jesus and was sorrowful for her past sins. 

Why would he scold her?

If I were to write you a letter talking about current events and was drawing conclusions

from those perspectives due to what people around me were doing and put that in the communication

of that letter. Do you think that letter would be understood in, let say, Israel? I have heard you

say culture means nothing... then- do you realize why God commanded man, woman and child to be

destroyed when entering the promised land?

Rom 8:26-27

26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should

pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings

which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the

Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God

NKJV

There is a difference in looking on a person's height, which God is solely responsible for, and looking on something the person can control.  It is not even close to the same thing.  The scriptures teach us something about hair length.  It is clear that it is a shame for a man to have long hair, and women are supposed to have long hair as a covering.  I didn't write it, but I believe it because it is in God's Word.  What I can get by with is not the issue.  The issue is whether or not I should ignore it because I may not like it, and I choose to obey it.  Others can do whatever they want, but I choose to simply accept what God says, and do my best to follow it.  I don't understand people that make excuses and look for ways around scripture.

Can you study without the use of your own will? Can you set down and really try to reason from another

point of view or is yours the only one you see? I am not saying this to be insulting it is a pure question!

You skirt questions put to you for the sake of supporting your own beliefs... when God says we are to reason

together as He reasons with us in His Word >So< if God says He looks only on the heart Who's looking on

the length of hair? You don't have to answer- it is a self evident reality -man! Man then becomes totally

dependent upon God for matters of the heart; this the Pharisees and Sadducees did not see for it is a much

more comfortable place in humanness to be surface doing for the sake of appearance only than to become

helpless and totally reliant upon God moment by moment in spiritual matters of the heart!

John 7:23-24

23 If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken;

are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?

24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

KJV

Love, Steven

First of all, you are wrong when you claim there was only one Pharisee and one saducee.  There was a group of both, which is why there is an s on the end of each.  You also left out two key verses and that is verses 5 and 6. 

5  Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned:  but what sayest thou?

This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him.  But Jesus stooped down and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

This shows exactly what I said.  He knew what they were up to, and escaped their trap.  Once the witnesses had left, the law no longer required she be stoned.  Case closed.  You completely misrepresented the entire story, which has nothing to do with hair length.  Your example of David has zero to do with what Paul was talking about. 

Your cultural argument about the woman letting down her hair means zero.  It is not based on scripture, and I don't even know if it is true.  I have your word for it and nothing else, and I don't trust historians.  I do trust scripture.

Can you study without doing so from the frame of your own will?  Can you honestly try to see the other person's perspective?  I don't believe you do or can, so that is a worthless question.  I didn't skirt anything.  I gave you the correct answer, and since it doesn't support your position, you make out like I am avoiding a direct answer.  It is an absurd comparison.  That would be like claiming that since God says not to look on David's height, we can conclude that people hanging around at a nudist colony with no clothes on are ok because we shouldn't focus on outward appearance.  It is total nonsense. 

1 Corinthians was written for our profit.  We can believe what it says or reject it.  I accept it.  If you don't, that is your problem.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

pedroondonkey.jpgGetty up donkey before she starts talking about Balaam...

Why?  Is he here?   :lightbulb2:  ok, mule then.... :madgrin:

:24:

this may take you by surprise

no comment :red_smile: someone kick laughing boy for me!

:sad030:  :24:      :glare:

let's get serious...serious...

memexicanwithkingandqueenontopofhat.jpgI've tried knives, guns, bombs, even threatened his family! Laughing boy won't stop :45:

you know what they say...if at first you don't suceed, try, try again...as you have, may I suggest 'if you can't beat 'em, join .em?'

now where have I seen that sombrero guy before?   :emot-rolleyes:

mehoss.jpgThe ponderosa maybe :noidea: