• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.89
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

I see your reification, and I raise you a Whorfian.

Are  you sure that some of the vocabulary spilled on the forum doesn't contribute to global warming?

:24:

I PM'ed you

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

"If I say..."

If you say, nature does not care one iota.  Our vocabulary has no impact on natural processes whatsoever.

No impact on natural processes?  How about global warming?

What we say impacts our climate?  I don't think even Enoch could put out that much Carbon.

I was thinking more of immediate contribution to atmosphere temperature!  Like from all the statements coming our from politicians during primary voting season now.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

I see your reification, and I raise you a Whorfian.

Are  you sure that some of the vocabulary spilled on the forum doesn't contribute to global warming?

:24:

I PM'ed you

Tnx for the PM.

Guest shiloh357

it is my personal belief

You've disqualified yourself from any science discussion in your first 5 words...

No he hasn't.  And you are not qualified to say who is or is not qualifed to participate in a discussion of science.  YOU do NOT set the terms for the conversation. So get over yourself.

Where would science be if everyone who practiced it was allowed to let their personal beliefs influence their observations?  Leave your beliefs at the door when you are observing nature.  There is not room for them in the lab.

It appears you operate from the naive notion that scientists are purely rational automotons.   There are a lot of things in science that are rooted in belief, not scientific experimentation.   The Big Bang is rooted in belief/faith.  It has never been proven or observed.   Yet, it is treated as "fact."  Same with Evolution.   There a lot of things scientists claim that are based on personal belief IF people are willing to be honest about that fact.

Scientists are human beings with strongly and passionately held beliefs and they have an emotional attachment to those beliefs.  It's why they resort to blackballing and ridiculing anyone who has the courage to challenge them.   Academic pride is a powerful emotion.

You do not understand the difference between hypothesis and belief.  That is a science fundamental with which you should aquaint yourself.

I understand fully the difference between belief and hypothesis.  And both are in play in the scientific community.  It is naivete to think otherwise.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

it is my personal belief

You've disqualified yourself from any science discussion in your first 5 words...

No he hasn't.  And you are not qualified to say who is or is not qualifed to participate in a discussion of science.  YOU do NOT set the terms for the conversation. So get over yourself.

Where would science be if everyone who practiced it was allowed to let their personal beliefs influence their observations?  Leave your beliefs at the door when you are observing nature.  There is not room for them in the lab.

It appears you operate from the naive notion that scientists are purely rational automotons.   There are a lot of things in science that are rooted in belief, not scientific experimentation.   The Big Bang is rooted in belief/faith.  It has never been proven or observed.   Yet, it is treated as "fact."  Same with Evolution.   There a lot of things scientists claim that are based on personal belief IF people are willing to be honest about that fact.

Scientists are human beings with strongly and passionately held beliefs and they have an emotional attachment to those beliefs.  It's why they resort to blackballing and ridiculing anyone who has the courage to challenge them.   Academic pride is a powerful emotion.

You do not understand the difference between hypothesis and belief.  That is a science fundamental with which you should aquaint yourself.

I understand fully the difference between belief and hypothesis.  And both are in play in the scientific community.  It is naivete to think otherwise.

I am not so naive as to think that scientists are not human, and are not capable of injecting their person into their science.  Science, however, is self-correcting unless you inject something like religion.  Religion can make people fly planes into buildings, so causing them to cover their ears and close their eyes to science is nothing.

I am not so naive as to think that scientists are not human, and are not capable of injecting their person into their science. 

Science, however, is self-correcting unless you inject something like religion. 

Religion can make people fly planes into buildings, so causing them to cover their ears and close their eyes to science is nothing.

~

Science

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death. Proverbs 8:36

On August 6, 1945, during World War II (1939-45), an American B-29 bomber dropped the world’s first deployed atomic bomb over the Japanese city of Hiroshima. The explosion wiped out 90 percent of the city and immediately killed 80,000 people; tens of thousands more would later die of radiation exposure. Three days later, a second B-29 dropped another A-bomb on Nagasaki, killing an estimated 40,000 people. http://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/bombing-of-hiroshima-and-nagasaki

And Correction

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:17-20

Beloved It All Depends On Whom

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

You Will Trust

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

You See

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

it is my personal belief

I am not so naive as to think that scientists are not human, and are not capable of injecting their person into their science.  Science, however, is self-correcting unless you inject something like religion.  Religion can make people fly planes into buildings, so causing them to cover their ears and close their eyes to science is nothing.

i would like to point out that religion and being a christian are not the same thing. jesus proved that by showing ppl what the religious pharasees did and how to follow him it require a loving relationship with god

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

I am not so naive as to think that scientists are not human, and are not capable of injecting their person into their science. 

Religion can make people fly planes into buildings, so causing them to cover their ears and close their eyes to science is nothing.

~

Science

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death. Proverbs 8:36

On August 6, 1945, during World War II (1939-45), an American B-29 bomber dropped the world’s first deployed atomic bomb over the Japanese city of Hiroshima. The explosion wiped out 90 percent of the city and immediately killed 80,000 people; tens of thousands more would later die of radiation exposure. Three days later, a second B-29 dropped another A-bomb on Nagasaki, killing an estimated 40,000 people. http://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/bombing-of-hiroshima-and-nagasaki

Are you blaming physics for the dead?  Science is a tool, like a wrench is a tool.  Blaming it for the deaths in Japan is like blaming a wrench for scraping your knuckles when it slips.

~

Science

And Correction

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:17-20

Beloved It All Depends On Whom

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

You Will Trust

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. Jeremiah 17:7

You See

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

Are you blaming physics for the dead?  Science is a tool, like a wrench is a tool.  Blaming it for the deaths in Japan is like blaming a wrench for scraping your knuckles when it slips.

~

Beloved, You Should Know That Blaming God For Man's Sins

And remember, when you are being tempted, do not say, “God is tempting me.” God is never tempted to do wrong, and he never tempts anyone else. Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death. James 1:13-15 (NLT)

Will Not Take Away The Blood Guilt Of Men Who Use Physics, Who Use Science

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: Romans 3:10-14 (KJV)

As A Tool For Their Godless Attacks On The Christ Of The Bible

Their feet are swift to shed blood:

Destruction and misery are in their ways:

And the way of peace have they not known:

There is no fear of God before their eyes. Romans 3:15-18 (KJV)

And Their Fellow Man. Jerry Do You

How foolish can you be? He is the Potter, and he is certainly greater than you, the clay! Should the created thing say of the one who made it, "He didn't make me"? Does a jar ever say, "The potter who made me is stupid"? Isaiah 29:16 (NLT)

See

Then he added, "Now go and learn the meaning of this Scripture: 'I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices.' For I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners." Matthew 9:13 (NLT)

Do You?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Love, Joe

Guest shiloh357

Except that history would say you are wrong since modern science is standing on the shoulders of men who scientists and devout Christians.  Keep trying.  Someday, you might actually know what you are talking about.