IGNORED

So I had a rapture dream last night

Guest DRS81

Guest Butero

I always thought that the perfect which is to come in 1 Cor. 13 was referring to Jesus, since only HE is perfect.

David, it seems that others have had similar dreams. I have never had such a dream so I don't feel competant to judge it in any way. But the fact that it brought you peace and security in Jesus is a very good sign.

I rarely remember my dreams and when I do they are usually either frustrating or really corny.

Blessings,

Willa

That is my view too.  I believe that which is perfect is Jesus.  I don't believe it is the completed Bible. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

I had a rapture dream years ago.  I just began floating up above my body and knew it was the rapture.  I can't describe the wonderful feeling.  It was like nothing I had ever experienced before or since, and I remember calling out to Jesus during this incredibly spiritual high (for no better way of describing it).  I was very disappointed when I woke up and the rapture hadn't really occurred and I had to face another day of the same old routine. 

I know there are many who don't believe in the rapture, and there are scriptural reasons to believe either way on this subject, but I believe there will be one.  I also believe it is only for those who are watching and waiting and keeping their lives pure to the best of their ability at the time he returns.  It will be those who keep oil in their lamps that will be part of the rapture, and many who are professing Christians will miss it.  Jesus could return any day, so it is important to be ready. 

i had a similar experence except i was awake. see i have always wanted to spend a day with Jesus i had it all planned out we would walk on the beach we would eat and drink foods and flavors that dont exist on earth we would talk and laugh and i would sit at his feet while he teaches me things no preacher or teacher on earth could.

i sat down in fron of my bed asking the lord if i can really have this when suddenly an angel appeared and said yes you can! and i was suddenly ascending. i didnt know about the rapture so i had no idea what this was but all i knew was i was going to jesus. like you the feeling was amazing i have never felt anything like it. to this day i have no idea what that feeling is or what its called

In my experience, I had actually started rising towards the ceiling, and the only way I can describe it was there was this amazing joy, peace, anticipation, excitement...it is just impossible to describe, but I will never forget it.  Perhaps euphoric is the right word? 

What happened after you began your flight to see Jesus?  Did you actually get to listen to him teach?  How long were you there? 

thats just the thing i wasnt being taken there at that time i was being shown i would have this with him from the rapture however i did later get to meet jesus i posted the story in my new thread my test in hell

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

Cobalt saith: 

" We know that prophesy will end at the end of this Age,"

What leads you to that conclusion instead of that prophecy will have a big revival at the end of the age. 

"but there is nothing in that portion of scripture that says they will end in the Church Age."

1 Cor just says that prophecy will end & says that when the complete has come, the "in part" will go.  The Bible is the complete thing in comparison with prophecies.  Church History indicates that prophecy ceased. No one has added a page to scripture since the last NT book was written.  Of course good Christians may disagree on the interp of 1 Cor 13.

Is it my imagination, or are you posting with hostile insults at me?  Ad hominem does not commend your posting.

"Cessationists are quick to brand tongues and prophesy as dead and gone, but Paul says knowledge will be done away with as well."

In context "knowledge" (gnosis) refers to spiritual gift; it is one of the gifts that were to end.  It is absurd to think that knowledge, as such will end.  We shall know as we are known!  The context of 1 Cor 13 is 12-14, a passage on spiritual gifts.

"Now I would have you all speak with languages, but rather that you should prophesy: and greater is he who prophesies than he that speaks with languages, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.  6 But now, brethren, if I come to you speaking with languages, what shall I profit you, unless I speak to you either by way of revelation, or of knowledge, or of prophesying, or of teaching?

"And tongues are still being gifted in every part of the world,"

I will grant you that there are demons causing confusion, fakers babbling gibberish, and that the Lord may enable someone to speak a language he has never studied on the mission field some time, somewhere; but I know of no one who has the gift of languages nor have I any reason to believe that they do.  What I know from Church History indicates that the gift ended as such, as 1 Cor 13 says it would.

But you might test it this way:

Get 2 persons who claim the gift of interpretation & 1 who claims the gift of languages.  Put the two interpreters in separate rooms with an audio feed of the language-speaker-claimer.  Have the 2 make a transcript & see if it comes out the same.

1000's of persons are deluded indeed.  That does not authenticate their delusion. 

Cobalt, I wish you the best.

I am not insulting you, nor am I making ad hominem attacks on you, although you are continually accusing me of it almost daily.  I've been on this board since 2006, and I have seen every angle there is used to try and get people to stop pointing out error or correct wrong statements.  When you make a statement that is false, I will call you on it. When you state something as fact when it is nothing but personal opinion, and, in this case a very subjective personal opinion, I will call you on it.  And I find it extremely ironic that you would accuse me of insults when you brand every single person who believes that the Spiritual Gifts are still in use today as deluded and being mislead by demons. Hypocrisy much? 

It is clear you have done a great deal of study in certain areas, but there are other areas where your knowledge is not so inclusive.

If you find my behavior to be unsavory, then by all means, feel free to report me to a moderator.  I would be more than happy to present you with a list of who they are.  As it is we have taken the thread way off topic and I will not deal with you further on this issue here.

This statement you made is false, Cobalt:

"you brand every single person who believes that the Spiritual Gifts are still in use today as deluded and being mislead by demons."

What I said was,

"I will grant you that there are demons causing confusion, fakers babbling gibberish"

May the Lord bless you in every way, Cobalt.  Prov 17:14

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

Well, Butero,

The Bible is what corresponds in its completeness to the incomplete prophecy situation.  As I said, there are good Christians who disagree with my interp.  At the return of Christ there is an outbreak of prophecy, so I don't see how that fits.

Thou hast said,

"even though there was a period where the gifts were seemingly not in operation [as predicted], that can easily be explained by the fact people were not seeking the gifts.

Since gifts are the sovereign gift of the Spirit, I can't see making alleged non-seeking the issue.  Didn't persons spontaneously speak in languages in Acts without seeking it?  And how will you prove what the quotient of seek was in Church History, century by century?  Surely you are just speculating.

When people sought them, at the famous Azuza Street revival, God poured out his Spirit on the church and the Pentecostal churches came into being. 

And you cannot prove that one.  I can easily understand that people began babbling if they sought it hard enough.

Thou sayest: "The gifts were always available, but you have not because you ask not. "

That statement is not in the context of spiritual gifts, though it is an important Christian principle.

"BTW, your solution to proving the tongues and interpretation are authentic won't work, because it is possible one might actually have the correct interpretation while the other person does not, or they both may not really have it."

It doesn't require that every 3 persons in the experiment have the gift.  If the gifts are common, a few trials should be all needed.  Prove all things!  In the OT a system for proving/disproving prophets is also provided.  If the spiritual gift of language is prophesying in a language, & I believe it is, then the fulfillment of prophecy is also a test.  It is forbidden to speak in a language in a church meeting without an interpreter.  So the interpreter's prediction can be tested.  It is not easy to predict the future, short term concrete predictions that provide the common sense validation or refutation of Deut 18. 

BTW, did the Azuzans  & do the modern persons who claim "tongues," do it the way it is prescribed in 1 Cor 14?  Are women keeping silent in church?  Are they speaking in turn & only with an interpreter?  That is also a test.

If persons can speak prophecy in a language with a gifted interpreter, why has this never been added to the Bible?  No one since the end of the last NT book has ever added a page to the Bible.

You can't prove anything that way, just as you can't prove anything by claiming the tongues have to be a known language, as Paul spoke of angelic languages. 

How could it be a language if no one knew it?

You can't prove the existence of something with an if clause:  "If I speak . . . ."

But I don't doubt the existence of angelic language; neither does that prove that languages are unknown.  Surely the angels know their language.

I have been around the block many times discussing this topic, and I have heard nearly every conceivable argument on both sides.

Well then, is there any point in disgusting it with you?

I wish you the best anyway.

As for [the gift of] languages, they shall cease.

Guest Butero

The problem with everything you said EnochBethany is your conclusions are nothing more than opinions.  You can't prove them.  You can believe "that which is perfect" is the completed Bible, but you can be wrong.  Sure, I can be wrong in saying it is Jesus when he returns, but it is just one opinion against another.  You can say people are just babbling, but you can't prove it.  Not all tongues are for the purpose of interpretation.  Some are just a prayer language where God's Spirit prays through us, and no interpretation is required.  In the instances where I see tongues in the Bible, the people sought after the gift of the Holy Ghost, as was the case in Acts chapter 2.  You are not forbidden to speak in tongues without an interpreter.  You are not to do so in a disruptive way, such as taking over the service with a message in tongues without an interpreter.  People often pray in tongues during prayer time, when everyone is praying out loud.  There is a difference in speaking in tongues, as in the use of the gift of tongues, and praying in a prayer language to God. 

You evidently haven't been in a Pentecostal worship service, so you don't know how the operation of tongues works.  Again, you are free to disagree with everything I said, as I most certainly disagree with your conclusions, but neither one of us can prove the other wrong. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/30/1998

How did the rapture take place? Was it a pre-trib, post-trib or mid-trib rapture?

Guest DRS81

How did the rapture take place? Was it a pre-trib, post-trib or mid-trib rapture?

I was about to walk out of a building. I was never aware of the time in regards to tribulation. - DRS81

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/30/1998

It's good to have such a dream. I have friends who had similar dreams. One of my friends in school named Jessica told me that she had a dream in which she beheld the rapture but she didn't partake in it (she was "left behind").

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

you know i recently had a type of rapture dream or at least thats what my friend thinks. i remember it was an ordinary day i was with my mom and family and then suddenly a king comes to me saying i am royalty and said i can choose to live as a prince in his kingdom[which by the way was in the sky ] or stay with my mom. i loved my mom but i decided to go with the king. next thing i know i am there and i had so much because i was royalty. i actually knew what it felt like to be royal and it was amazing but i saw back on earth everyone became poor and had little to eat and since i was so rich i wanted to give the ppl of earth lots of my gold coins and as i was gathering them i woke up but the sense of being royal stayed in me for a day or two

Guest Butero

you know i recently had a type of rapture dream or at least thats what my friend thinks. i remember it was an ordinary day i was with my mom and family and then suddenly a king comes to me saying i am royalty and said i can choose to live as a prince in his kingdom[which by the way was in the sky ] or stay with my mom. i loved my mom but i decided to go with the king. next thing i know i am there and i had so much because i was royalty. i actually knew what it felt like to be royal and it was amazing but i saw back on earth everyone became poor and had little to eat and since i was so rich i wanted to give the ppl of earth lots of my gold coins and as i was gathering them i woke up but the sense of being royal stayed in me for a day or two

That is an awesome.  Maybe the Lord is giving these dreams and experiences so we will be ready to meet him, and will keep oil in our lamps?  I believe his coming is at the door.  I don't see how you can look at world events and not know the end is near.  This latest situation with Russia could easily lead to a world war.  I doubt under this administration we would be the first nation involved, but it would only be a matter of time till we are pulled in, if things get too bad.  Obama may not want to come across looking weak, or he might get us involved in a war to justify suspending the Constitution.  There are all kinds of possibilities, and such a war can't end well.  I hope it doesn't happen, but I don't rule it out. 

The main thing is that we need to be watching and waiting on the Lord's return.  We need to be prayerful and avoid sin.