• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/12/1969

I can help with grammar.  Single space after commas. 

========================================================================

Jerry are you the Punctuation Police ?? :)   Don't chase Organic Medicine off

I'm usually not a grammar-nazi, but...come on...ok...sorry Organic...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

======================================================================

irrelevant, unrelated, and scientifically inconsequential to our discussion.

So you're saying Science and it's Modus Operandi are not Relevant to a Science discussion?  :mgdetective:  Interesting

Science does not care about satan either.

Hmmm.  They sure care about explaining away GOD......which; by proxy, is the Modus Operandi of Satan.  No connection, eh?

I can help with grammar.  Single space after commas. 

========================================================================

Jerry are you the Punctuation Police ?? :)   Don't chase Organic Medicine off

...and punctuated equilibrium police :mgcop:

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Here's the difference:

1.  You said we both disagree.  Disagreement is based on opinion and is usually Subjective and supported by very little Actual Data.  This isn't about our opinion; IN FACT, OPINION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.  We're not talking about favorite colors or what we think of Republicans or Democrats. 

Were evaluating concepts and theories...BASED ON EVIDENCE whether something is TRUE Or NOT.

You are confusing two things here, facts and theories.   We agree on the fact that the corona is hotter than the photosphere, that is the fact.  Where we disagree is on the theory as to why this is the case.  Both views have lots of data to support their view so it comes down to each individual evaluating the evidence and deciding for themselves which case is stronger.    Whether each theory is true or not can never be proven, which is why they are called theories and not laws.

Providing "articles" REPEATING with WORDS the Same thing over and over again isn't evidence SIR.....It's Basically just Propaganda.  And it's the same "Theory" I told you they have in the OP.

How is what I do really any different than what you are doing.  You are taking a theory that is not your own and repeating what other as have said was true.  You like to paraphrase their words and add lots of big and bold font, but other than that you are just sharing others views that you agree with.  I provide the same sort of thing, I just copy and paste as a whole as I think they do a better job than I can. 

The funny thing is that's all "Experts" are doing is SAYING. So, Would you like me to recreate the Wheel?  Does that offer some validity....if I start my career again but this time head down the AstroPhysicist Road and come back when I've graduated...then I can speak to this??  You have No Science background Whatsoever do you?  That's Not meant to be derogatory not everybody does or are interested, No Problem.  However, you come on here trying to refute "my claims" and evidence I provide by saying..."Well, these aren't you words....you're not a scientist" ??  :huh:

As I said Previously, I'm not an Astrophysicist....my expertise lies in a couple other "Science" disciplines; However, I can read and have a comprehensive background in THE METHODS and I have a MIND.

Now, that is just silly, the experts are doing more than saying.  There are libraries filled to the brim with their evidence, support and methodology .  No, I do not have a science background (though in my chosen career I am often refereed to as a "data scientist"), what I have is an analytical background, I take large amount of data and extract information and knowledge from it for my employer.   So I am not unfamiliar with the methods of science nor am I incapable of drawing conclusions from data.   I too can read (nice passive/aggressive insult there), I understand the methods and I have a mind, just like you.

Yea right, obscure the 'Secret Knowledge" in 100's of Books and Create Fallacious Barriers to Entry......And Just take our WORD for it, eh?  HOGWASH!!

it is not secret knowledge, it is common knowledge, it is open and available for anyone that wants to read it.  If anything you are the one acting like there is great big secret and you are parsing out your hidden knowledge to us one little bit at a time.

Well, That begs the question..... Why would you personalize those colorful adjectives in the First Place?  They're are not directed @ you personally or anyone else on these forums.  Is it because you revere the so-called "Science Establishment" and have built your World Views based on what they have TOLD You??

I will continue with my Colorful Adjectives.  Thanks for your opinion however.

Because they are aggressive adjectives and they are drawing the type of reaction that should be expected. 

All in all, you provide some very good food for thought, something that rates much further exploration on my part,  It may well be that you are correct, but a few 100 words on an internet forum will never be enough to change anyone's mind.  There is nothing you have said that is a dagger or any other such hyperbolic language.  If you would quit trying to convert people and just present your case with out the drama you would get a much better response.  

=========================================================================

How is what I do really any different than what you are doing.

No offense intended but.......The difference is the depth, knowledge, and scrutiny.  I can speak to all my points.  Yours are Headline Google Searches that you can't speak too....and I'm not making this up.... it's quite apparent.

Big Difference.

Where we disagree is on the theory as to why this is the case.  Both views have lots of data to support their view so it comes down to each individual evaluating the evidence and deciding for themselves which case is stronger.

This isn't a case of disagreement or where there are Multiple Options....it's either this or that.  If it is a Thermo-Nuclear Reaction, then the heat will flow from the core to the surface and from there it will progressively COOL when moving outwards.....END OF STORY!!  It's called the 2nd Law Of Thermodynamics. 

If it's doing the opposite...In this case it most assuredly is, Then there is another process going on.  End of Story.

Now, that is just silly, the experts are doing more than saying.  There are libraries filled to the brim with their evidence, support and methodology .

Sweeping Generalization.  And specifically, if there was all this evidence filled to the brim then it should be easy to Refute...

I'm waiting.

I too can read (nice passive/aggressive insult there), I understand the methods and I have a mind, just like you.

Strawman.  Please keep the emotional manipulation out of the discussion...it's not gonna work.  And that is not I was implying...by the way.

it is not secret knowledge, it is common knowledge, it is open and available for anyone that wants to read it.

Well as I said, it should be easy to refute then.

........? 

If anything you are the one acting like there is great big secret and you are parsing out your hidden knowledge to us one little bit at a time.

Another Strawman.  I'm not parsing anything just doing my HOMEWORK before I post.

All in all, you provide some very good food for thought,

Thank You

but a few 100 words on an internet forum will never be enough to change anyone's mind.

Baseless Opinion....Absolutely no way for you to know that.  They may be short but they Pack-a Punch, IMHO

There is nothing you have said that is a dagger

And nothing you've said or done has refuted any of the evidences I Posted.

If you would quit trying to convert people and just present your case with out the drama you would get a much better response.

Baseless Opinion.  Just because people don't respond doesn't mean there isn't any effect.

If you would quit trying to convert people and just present your case with out the drama you would get a much better response.

Baseless Opinion.  Just because people don't respond doesn't mean there isn't any effect.

Sorry, no offense, but I have to agree.  Your style can be a little grating.  Keep in mind, you can win a debate and still be wrong.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

No offense intended but.......The difference is the depth, knowledge, and scrutiny.  I can speak to all my points.  Yours are Headline Google Searches that you can't speak too....and I'm not making this up.... it's quite apparent.

Big Difference.

yes, you have more personal knowledge in this than me, what does that lead to?  Neither of us is putting forth our own unique ideas, so in the end we are both just repeating the words of what others have told us. 

This isn't a case of disagreement or where there are Multiple Options....it's either this or that.  If it is a Thermo-Nuclear Reaction, then the heat will flow from the core to the surface and from there it will progressively COOL when moving outwards.....END OF STORY!!  It's called the 2nd Law Of Thermodynamics. 

If it's doing the opposite...In this case it most assuredly is, Then there is another process going on.  End of Story.

Yes, it is the case of disagreement between two options, sorry that you don't want to admit it, I cant help that.  And, the sun does not do the opposite of that, the core is the hottest and the heat moves out.  There is an anomaly where one part is hotter than expected but that has been addressed by experts in the field. 

Sweeping Generalization.  And specifically, if there was all this evidence filled to the brim then it should be easy to Refute...

I'm waiting.

I have no need nor desire to refute your post, I am just showing an alternative and will let those reading choose for themselves. 

Strawman.  Please keep the emotional manipulation out of the discussion...it's not gonna work.  And that is not I was implying...by the way.

What else could you have been implying? What other way was there to take your statement that you can read and have a mind?

But almost 100% of those that do respond do so in the same manner and tell you the same thing.  This should tell you something.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

ava4 - Hence, no god/s is directly in communication with any of them if they all have conflicting views, but are believers. As always it is up to personal interpretation.

There is consensus on the basics and varying views on those subjects which are peripheral. Now please tell me that all atheists, agnostics, and irreligious people are in total agreement on all subjects. 

==================================================================================

Sorry, no offense, but I have to agree.  Your style can be a little grating.  Keep in mind, you can win a debate and still be wrong.

Shocking that you agreed.  I'm not trying to win anything.

==================================================================================

yes, you have more personal knowledge in this than me, what does that lead to?

A Better and more Thorough understanding of the subject matter @ hand which then leads to a more Informed Position.

Neither of us is putting forth our own unique ideas, so in the end we are both just repeating the words of what others have told us.

This is one of the reasons......Statements like this :rolleyes:    I knew you had no science background whatsoever.

Yes, it is the case of disagreement between two options, sorry that you don't want to admit it, I cant help that.

The Data support one or the other, End of Story.  Spin it any way you like, but when the dust clears ..... it will end up right back to the inevitable.

And, the sun does not do the opposite of that, the core is the hottest and the heat moves out.

Absolute Unsupported Conjecture.  Show?

There is an anomaly where one part is hotter than expected but that has been addressed by experts in the field.

An anomaly, eh?  There are no "Anomalies" with 2LOT Sir..... and it's 2 parts not 1.  Yes, it has been addressed by The Experts, the same thing Hannes Alfven said 50 years ago....Plasma, and the Main Point of the OP.

I have no need nor desire to refute your post, I am just showing an alternative and will let those reading choose for themselves.

OK. Fine by me.

What else could you have been implying? What other way was there to take your statement that you can read and have a mind?

All I did was stop @ Step 2 of the Scientific Method....Lit Review and Background Research; then took off running.  It's as simple as that.

But almost 100% of those that do respond do so in the same manner and tell you the same thing.  This should tell you something.

100% of 2 is..... 2.   Other than You and Jerry, nobody else that brought anything because....well, there really is no refutation....it's the beauty of it's simplicity, IMHO.