Guest DRS81

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

I say Christ's Church inherited God's promises to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, all the way down to Joseph and his two sons Ephraim and Manasseh. Some call that Replacement Theology, but that's what the early Church held.

Does that mean the seed of Israel lost those Promises from God? Absolutely not! I know, sounds like I'm contradicting myself doesn't it? I'm not.

Like Apostle Paul showed at the start of Romans 11, God preserved a remnant of the seed of Israel according to the election of grace, and that means in Christ Jesus and His Church. The congregation of Israel as the "church in the wilderness" of Moses' day has continued into The New Covenant with Jesus' blood shed upon the cross and became Christ's Church, the Christian Church. So there has been no such 'replacement'. Just because the majority of the Jews have remained in unbelief cannot prevent the continuation of God's Church from the Old Testament times going into The New Covenant through His Son (see Galatians 3 about Abraham if you don't believe this).

Per Genesis 48, the seed of Ephraim was to become "a multitude of nations".

Upon Ephraim is where God's Birthright came to rest (1 Chronicles 5). Ephraim became the head tribe over the ten tribed kingdom of Israel which God scattered first (1 Kings 11 through 2 Kings 17). The OT prophets hint to their being established in new lands. So after Christ's death on the cross where was The Gospel then preached, to what parts of the earth? In Asia Minor and Europe. Which nations became the first Christian nations, literally declared themselves as nations under God through His Son Jesus Christ? There is where one will find all the Promises God gave through Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, all the way down to Ephraim.

One must never forget that the majority of the seed of Israel were not the Jews. The Jews only represent the 3 tribes of the southern kingdom after Solomon's days (again see 1 Kings 11 through 2 Kings 17). The northern ten tribes represented the majority of the seed of Israel, and God separated them from the Jews in the southern holy land. Those ten tribes became 'lost' to the Jews and to the world, but God never lost them. He knew exactly where He scattered them, and even for today, and how they would become a multitude of nations under Christ Jesus.