Good words of advice.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

The first step in any battle vs any sin is to trust Christ as Savior and be born again. Next:  "And this, knowing the season, that already it is time for you to awake out of sleep: for now is salvation nearer to us than when we first believed. The night is far spent, and the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. Let us walk becomingly, as in the day; not in revelling and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and jealousy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof. " "Walk by the Spirit and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." " And Peter went down from the boat and walked upon the waters to come to Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried out, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand and took hold of him, and says to him, O you of little faith, why did you doubt?" What do you think? Does victory over sin come by concentrating on the sin, gritting the teeth, and chanting, "I won't, I won't, I won't"? Or does it come by fixing the eyes on the Lord Jesus?