IGNORED

i've been called, but need advice on something

Guest piercingstar

Guest piercingstar

i'm 14 year old girl, and i am in the 10th grade.i was put up a year, so i will graduate early. i was intending on going strait to medical school, but then one day while i was reading my Bible and giving praise to God i was called to be in the ministry. my mother and i both have dreams about me being on a plain and flying over different countries. in some dreams i am only holding a Bible, but in others i am in buildings preaching the word of God. so i know that i have been called. only, i really want to goto medical school when i graduate. but i feel that God wants me to minister to those that are lost as soon as possible. i also have dreams of the anti christ. they are really weird and scarry :emot-hug: in one of the dreams there is a man in front of a podium, only he is really blurry and i can't see his face because it is hidden. but every thing else in the dream is completely clear. it's like he is at one of those election things in america. i can't hear what he is saying, but i get this eery feeling.

i feel that the times of tribulation are near, and that God wants us to reach out to as many people as we can right away. it's really freaky having these dreams and knowing what they mean. i've interpreted allot of my grandmothers dreams, and they are allot like mine.

so what i'm trying to ask is: should i go into medical school when i graduate since it will take me 8 years to finish it out. or should i go straight in to ministry? i'm really confused and could really use some good advice :emot-hug: most everybody that i ask this to tells me that i am to young to worry about it. and it's not that i worry constantly, it's just that i would really like an answer so i would know what to do. i don't belive that anyone is ever to young to tell others about God and His mercy :emot-hug:

Edited by piercingstar

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Piercingstar, wow! this is really cool...but just give this some more time. I mean you don't have to decide tommorrow, right? I don't want to tell you to go ahead and become a doctor, but like in any profession like that, we need all the Christian ones we can get. Hey, there may be a way for you to do both. Maybe a Christian physcologist where you would be leading conferences and doing it in a Christian perspective. Or a medical missionary? Maybe there is a way to fulfill your dream and also fulfill your calling to God. With God, all things are possible! Try looking into these areas. You may be really surprised what the Lord has for you. You certainly are willing to do what He wants, so continue to seek his will for your life, and He will show you the way! :emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Sister, most countries no longer allow 'religious' missionaries. You have to have a profession the country needs in order to go over there now. Medical Missionaries are the wave of the future. Do your Med School........

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

I completely agree with the advice on becoming a Medical Missionary. Try not to see it as an either/or situation. You can do both. By combining them both, you'd be able to bring healing to ppl both physically and spiritually. That's awesome.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Yes I agree, Medical School first. We need good christian doctors. Let me know when you get your degree, if you stay here for awhile I'll be your first patient! God Bless you baby and I know your going to be a great doctor! How blessed the kingdom is for having you! ((((((((((((((((((star)))))))))))))

Edited by Rustyangel

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  09/04/1986

I'm not going to tell you what you should do first, but pray, ask God what you should do. If you have a desire for Medical school, and the mission field that is wonderful. The others are right, having a profession such as medical (especially medical) could be a very good asset to your mission work.

May God Bless you!