• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

=========================================================

With these three and the 30 or so others I could post, leads to the Premise:  How did folks know these things thousands of years before modern science elucidated the very facts.

"(Genesis 17:12) "And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you..."

How did they know that Prothrombin and Vit K Peak on the eighth day? Trial and Error?.....

which my response is, that doesn't sound like a good design then does it?

Can you design something better?  And you can survive either way so this is irrelevant.

I read some Jewish perspective on why God would have suggested the 8th day and it doesn't have anything to do with blood clotting. What I read was that Jewish tradition holds

Bonky, I'm not saying they did it because they were somehow blessed with knowledge of the Blood Coagulation Cascade.  My point was HOW they knew it and specifically the 8th day.  And GOD didn't "suggest it", he said do it then.  If you do it before or after, you run a substantial risk of Bleeding to Death.  Science elucidated the fact in 20th Century.

(Psalms 19:6) "His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his CIRCUIT unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof."

"This is referring to the Sun. Did you know that the Voltage Profile of a Solid State PNP Transistor can be precisely superimposed on the Voltage Profile of the Sun?"....

I'm not sure I understand the connection you're trying to make here.

The connection Bonky is that this was written ~ 1000BC.

(Job 38:31) "Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?"

Did you know that the Stars that make up these Two constellations are relatively very close in Proximity. Did you know that the Stars in ALL the other constellations ARE NOT. If ANY OTHER constellations were mentioned this would have been nonsensical.....

The bible doesn't mention these two being close in proximity does it?

"bind the sweet influences", "loose the bands".....What do they mean to you Bonky: Close or Really Really Far apart??  It's also 3500 years before the Invention of the Telescope.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

(Psalms 19:6) "His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his CIRCUIT unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof."

"This is referring to the Sun. Did you know that the Voltage Profile of a Solid State PNP Transistor can be precisely superimposed on the Voltage Profile of the Sun?".... 

Doesn't this passage point to a non heliocentric view?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

This thread is funny.

Thank goodness we can laugh at ourselves sometimes!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

~

Modern Idol Worship (Scientism)

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 2 Timothy 6:20

Blatant misuse of Scripture. The Greek word used in the text is gnoseos -- it means knowledge, not science in our modern sense of the word. The Latin scientia means knowledge too, not science in the modern sense. Neither word has anything to do with science in the modern sense. This is also a blatant equivocation. Five minutes in the penalty box.

Gray Wolf said:

No, absolutely not. This is also a terrible, awful, blatant, horrendous equivocation. Five minutes in the penalty box.

"Knock, knock! Who’s there, in th' other devil’s name? Faith, here’s an equivocator that could swear in both the scales against either scale, who committed treason enough for God’s sake, yet could not equivocate to heaven. O, come in, equivocator."

Macbeth, Act 2, Scene 3.

Remember the porter.

Edited by jdxp

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Can you design something better?  And you can survive either way so this is irrelevant.

If I had unlimited power? I would hope that I would make a creature that doesn't have to modify it's body to save it from painful health issues [wisdom teeth etc].

I read some Jewish perspective on why God would have suggested the 8th day and it doesn't have anything to do with blood clotting. What I read was that Jewish tradition holds

Bonky, I'm not saying they did it because they were somehow blessed with knowledge of the Blood Coagulation Cascade.  My point was HOW they knew it and specifically the 8th day.  And GOD didn't "suggest it", he said do it then.  If you do it before or after, you run a substantial risk of Bleeding to Death.  Science elucidated the fact in 20th Century.

You're saying they weren't blessed with special knowledge they wouldn't have naturally, then asking me how they knew to do it on the 8th day. I'm not even sure this 8th day claim you're making is sound. We do circumcisions all the time outside of an 8 day window.

(Job 38:31) "Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?"

Did you know that the Stars that make up these Two constellations are relatively very close in Proximity. Did you know that the Stars in ALL the other constellations ARE NOT. If ANY OTHER constellations were mentioned this would have been nonsensical.....

The bible doesn't mention these two being close in proximity does it?

"bind the sweet influences", "loose the bands".....What do they mean to you Bonky: Close or Really Really Far apart??  It's also 3500 years before the Invention of the Telescope.

I read biblical commentary on this from several sources and none of it wrote of this suggesting it was some incredible divine revelation. Most of the scholars talk about how God is asking Job do you have the power to do what God can do? No you don't, so trust in God and allow him to see you through trials etc.

• Group:  Royal Member

=============================================================================

I would hope that I would make a creature that doesn't have to modify it's body to save it from painful health issues [wisdom teeth etc].

So you're saying since we have wisdom teeth and other "Painful" health issues...then the prospect of a GOD is somewhat suspect?

Here, lets try it this way...

DNA/RNA/"Functional Proteins" NEVER spontaneously polymerize "naturally", outside already existing cells, from nucleotides and aminos, respectively.

It's Physically and Chemically IMPOSSIBLE.

That's just the Hardware!

DNA "CODE"/Software------------------Design(Intelligence)--------------------Designer!

To refute:

1. Prove that the Genetic CODE is not....."CODE"/Software. OR....

2. Prove that Atoms/Molecules have Sentience and Intelligence.

Please, the floor is yours.

I'm not even sure this 8th day claim you're making is sound. We do circumcisions all the time outside of an 8 day window.

Oh, it's quite sound.

So you're saying there's no difference between circumcisions done in 4000 BC and now in the 21st Century?

I read biblical commentary on this from several sources and none of it wrote of this suggesting.....

So your argument is: since none of the commentaries that you read speak to my specific point, then it should be dismissed in TOTO?

===============================================================================================

Never thought about it like that gray.  Hmmm...Yes, I suppose it does, indirectly.

But. . .   that's entirely natural.  I mean we still speak of the sun going across the sky even though we know it does not.  What sense would it have made to the ancients if they tried to explain it any other way.  The sun comes up, the sun goes down!

But. . .   that's entirely natural.  I mean we still speak of the sun going across the sky even though we know it does not.  What sense would it have made to the ancients if they tried to explain it any other way.  The sun comes up, the sun goes down!

Yep, they say it everyday on the news or in the paper: Sunrise____ Sunset_____.